Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Kizzak the Knight of the Apocalypse, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=92623
92623, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Kizzak the Knight of the Apocalypse, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 23 17:14:16 2010

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 14th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Kizzak perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:anti-paladin
Level:36
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:110
92644, Funnyone/Qdoca:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Review the rules regarding active characters.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
92639, On my soapbox...
Posted by Kizzak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ok what can I say...

I finally registered just so I could say this because I still like playing this game.

But sometimes I wonder if its fun or just habit.

Then I wonder if its a bad habit.

Anyways...

I was once a long long time ago a heroimm so I appreciate all the hard work the Imms put in for what must be remembered is a FREE game that has been around for over a decade. What they do behind the scenes is some BORING ish at least at the level I was involved at which was basically trying to write an area which I ALMOST finished.

I start this like that to say this...

I appreciate RP and PK but ill be honest even after all these years I have never caught on how to be a stellar PKer. Its a sore spot. I would like to have one character do super well on both ends.

When I join a cabal...for example Empire I perfectly understand as someone who has been in Empire off and on since it first started that part of the cons of Empire is dealing with people who give you orders.

I created Kizzak with the express purpose of being the 'perfect' Imperial soldier. Follow orders, do as im told, etc. Give praise and ALL of that stuff. Really really brownnose it up for once because every other imperial I ever had would have a problem with the whole 'Praise be to your big butt lord Biggerballs!' Everyone else would be praising it up when Enlilth appeared and id be like 'Greetings Dark Lord'

Just felt kinda corny on a personal level overddoing it at times but I really really wanted to fit in this time. Maybe get a tattoo even.

The problem comes when people take this game way too seriously and start making what is supposed to be fun (even between evil types)and use it as an outlet for who knows what kind of needs to express their imaginary power.

I had no problem following orders. I had no problem taking ish even. But there is a line I have as a player that can be crossed.

As I mentioned I aint the greatest at PK. Never have been and doubt now I ever will be. Thats why Im having a hard time deciding if I want to still be a part of this community. Because being a super God of PK used to not really matter.

There used to be a time when you could be comfortably average.

Now there are some who have made it so that being comfortably average means they believe they have the right to #### on you because they happen to be good at PK (or good at having people help them PK but I digress).

I expect some #### in Empire. Ive been an Imperial before. I expect to take orders. Always have. But I refuse to sit here and play like the semi-ooc (in my opinion) forced sharing of knowledge and THEN having what you know #### on despite your own personal pride (as a player) in having gained THAT much knowledge treated like its nothing, then to have my PK abilities belittled as well?

Fact is...

Not everyone here is a PK God. Some of us are comfortably average.

Please let me know if its still ok to be comfortably average because if it isnt im out.

92642, My Take
Posted by Macaca on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you take a step back and look at Battlefield goodbye threads, I
think you'd be surprised by how many players consider themselves
average or below-average at PK, including the players of characters
which have easily PKed you (or me).

When you add to that the fact that a good number of players who
consider themselves PK gods are actually rather average, you'll see
that being an excellent PKer, while something striven for, is
something few players actually accomplish.

My advice to you (somewhat predictably)is to play a Villager (or
more Villagers, if you've already played a bunch.)

Village skills of any path will get you kills that you'd miss with
any other type of character and the truth is that no one expects you
to be a PK god in the Village, but at times you'll feel like you
are.

I suck at PK, so flurrying a cabal leader for 8 ***DEMOS*** is
doubly satisfying when the mages shriek as the veil thickens.

92643, Funny thing is...
I thought of a Villager role this morning I like...BAH.....
92648, RE: On my soapbox...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will say that the character you mostly ran afoul of is kind of a douchebag, and in your position I might well have deleted too.

(That's not to say anything bad about the player in question, whoever it is, whether the character is well roleplayed or not, etc. -- probably, it doesn't happen ENOUGH for realism's sake that sometimes you get somebody above you in Empire who's an abusive toolbox.)
92650, RE: On my soapbox...

Glad it wasn't just me who thought that....
92652, RE: On my soapbox...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Without knowing any details of what happened to you, let me throw this out there...

Your "follow orders" mentality, while perfectly viable, may have actually invited whatever abuse you ended up taking.

Empire's like a pack of wild dogs. If all the other dogs think you might be able to take them down, on a good day, then they leave you alone and the pack cooperates. If they ever feel like you're not a threat...well, then you're screwed.

At the same time, most people are not jerks and don't approve of other people being jerks. Being an obvious jerk is a detriment to you even in the context of Empire, all else being equal. If there were anyone "as qualified" as whoever was giving you all this flak, you might have tried to convince the Emperor to replace guy-who-gave-you-flak with other-guy-who's-equally-deserving-but-isn't-a-jerk.

That's extremely tricky and probably gets you anath'd more often than not, but then again if you were going to be anath'd anyway then you didn't have a lot to lose.
92654, RE: On my soapbox...
Posted by Asthiss on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think most people that play cf are bad or mediocre at PK, if it was the other way around there would be heaps of people racking up the 100 kills per char.

I for one still suck at it, but even I get a kill now and then.

GLWN