Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectA couple Chisaw comments:
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=92438
92438, A couple Chisaw comments:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not made with the intention of piling on you, but you somehow seem genuinely puzzled at what you were doing wrong.

1) FYI, not me that smacked you in your guild, but yeah, all that praying from Galadon leading up to that probably isn't your best empowerment tactic.

2) There was little if any discernable roleplay to this character, which is further strained by

3) You were supposed to be this super Enlilth orderly Imperial Priest, but you pretty much broke the law several times in just about every hour of play.

In short, no offense, but you were exactly what the empowerment system is designed to weed out.
92442, RE: A couple Chisaw comments:
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Additionally....

No we don't empower based off IP.

92440, Ok so he got smacked...
Posted by vargal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But did anyone mention to him directly that he wasn't doing what he needed to be doing to get empowered with his role/religion?

I'm assuming he got smacked for general inappropriate pray spam.
92441, These posts make me sad.
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hi, my name is imperial-wanna-be-enlilth-empoweree-wanna-be

maybe I shouldnt be violating everything the empire, that enlilth leads, stands for.

Why do you believe this needs to be spelled out?

oh wait, it is. Mandatory roleplay.
92443, After about pray 100 from his guild
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did send him an esmite hinting that he might have better success if he made the effort of walking to a shrine. He continued to pray from a guild. I tried again. The second time actually got his attention and then he started praying from an actual shrine but by then it was kinda late. I think the help files are clear enough that we don't need to stop and explain ooc things like that.
92448, RE: After about pray 100 from his guild
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just going to point out that isn't it a bit silly that we care so much where a pray is from?

I mean in this case yeah he should know better but in general I think we have a lot of stuff that made more sense 6 years ago then it does now.

Sphere is an example of this.

I mean religions are based more on ideologies then specific spheres which pretty much only factor into if an imm will bother spending their time with you or not. I would recomend replacing sphere with patron to make the game simpler for both imms and players.

The other is perfecting skills to gain access to other skills, I like the assassin design better where it is only like 90% if only because you get stuck on skill trees perfecting extremely niche skills you might not end up using almost ever again after you spend the several hours to master it.
92452, RE: After about pray 100 from his guild
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When I played my wannabe-scarab assassin Cyhiraeth *nine years ago* I didn't know where Cyradia's shrine was. But, even back then, as relatively newbie as I was, I kinda figured it would be a bad idea to pray from a guild.
92453, Yes.
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just going to point out that isn't it a bit silly that we care so much where a pray is from?

I mean in this case yeah he should know better but in general I think we have a lot of stuff that made more sense 6 years ago then it does now.

Roleplay remains required. Repeating the same pray from the same guild over and over (then switching gods and trying someone else) hasn't been a good way to get empowered since empowerment came in.

This is more or less exactly the character the Empowerment helpfile is talking about.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
92465, RE: After about pray 100 from his guild
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Just going to point out that isn't it a bit silly that we
>care so much where a pray is from?

1) I sure as hell don't want to have an empowerment talk with someone in Market Square.

2) If you're not going to put any effort in, why should I?