Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mikaelis the Master of the Wilderness
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=91649
91649, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Mikaelis the Master of the Wilderness
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Apr 5 11:41:15 2010

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Mikaelis perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:56
91650, Well...the next in a line of characters that got boring is over.
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ranger's seem like a very cool class and can do a lot, but they really aren't my playing style. My time has dwindled on CF of late because I've been playing more of my Xbox and what not. I think I just need a break from CF to reinvigorate my desire to play. I'll get bored with Modern Warfare soon enough I'm sure. The real draw though right now is being able to spend time with my brother and nephews playing something together. They live 5.5 hours from me and I don't get to see them often, but at least with Halo and what not I can talk to them and have some fun with them.

Rangers in general seem very cool and I liked the idea behind hunters and had some fun learning a few things. Rangers don't play well to my style as they are too bound to the wilds. I need to be able to really mix it up in the cities and what not. I'm sure I'll make something else and come back in time, but I don't know what yet and I'm not sure for what purpose. I only regret I wrote a fairly good role for Mikaelis in the last week but didn't wait to see what imms thought of it. I thought it was a good one. Anyway...lets head on.

Lylesse - I like your style of leadership honestly and I think the way you induct is good. You make sure folks know what they need to know and then tell them to prove it. I think that is the way cabal inductions should be, by and large. You gotta prove it by living it, and I like that. Anyway, good job. I'm sorry for leaving you in hard times with Ralue and now Mikaelis, but I can't keep logging in and regretting that I'm on CF and not doing something else. First time in a long time I've felt that way.

Tuen - Sorry bud...I wanted to do more with you as you grew up.

Zoslaun - You seem to know your stuff, keep at it!

Other outlanders - Most of you are all loners, which is great and often how many of the outlanders should be, but at the same point makes remembering you folks hard.
91651, RE: Well...the next in a line of characters that got boring is over.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For a naturey character (if you wanted to roll that way), I'd think druid would suit your style much, much better. I can't remember if you've played one or not.

If not that, probably outlander warrior > outlander ranger for you, but I assume you already know that now.

Finally, probably some kinds of ranger sub-builds would suit your style better than others, although I don't think you were that far off what would suit you best.
91655, Yeah...
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hear ya. I played a ranger before this that was made more for fighting anywhere, but again I just got too bored. I have played two fairly successful druids. One was a Grurk tattooed follower that I can't remember the name of. I have definitely done a few outlander warrior types, and shaman and what not.

I got an idea of what I want next, but I just don't think I have the patience for ranger, much like I don't think I could play a successful thief anymore.

Anyway, thanks for the advice on this stuff.