Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThaneln(pilot character to test legacies) is dead and gone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=91460
91460, Thaneln(pilot character to test legacies) is dead and gone
Posted by Thaneln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thaneln was a fun character but I do not have too much to say about him. I mainly wanted to see how Gates played out and I wanted to see how good Striking was. Striking was fun. It felt right to me in that it was nice when it charged but sometimes when it didn't you got screwed. Gates I felt was good also but not to someone like myself who doesn't really gear around it. I got more mileage out of gates with minor preps than I did with gear.

I more or less wanted to make this a short-lived character as a leaping-block for a better, more fleshed out character. However Fortress seemed to be in dire need of someone to help out so I decided to stick around and pk some and slowly began to acquire and build a rather nice suit.

It was really interesting how the fights played out with this character. Either I won handily RE: Imperial Bards. I felt bad for how easily I managed to negate you. Or my enemy spanked me up and down the court RE: Adarmar, Ckath.

I do think Imperial Training is a bit silly with the dagger spec. But if I had the time and patience I would roll a dark-elf imperial dagger/mace striking/whirlwind. I think that build would utterly demolish almost anyone one on one.

Thaneln
91499, This hurts to see
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not only because you were a great ally and friend, but because I could tell you had your crap together. Whenever we were both on it was like we were reading each others minds a lot of the time. I really dug fighting beside you and hope you had fun.
91492, RE: Thaneln(pilot character to test legacies) is dead and gone
Posted by Jeeco on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I saw some very good stuff in Thaneln, I'm curious to your next.

As an enemy, I really liked your no nonsense, come-here-and-get-me style, although, when facing a pickpocket thief, you might find yourself more often on the receiving side, rather than on the giving side ;). I really hate that VERY stupid death on Kiadana, one of the few I had to eat on hero-level. All in all a very nice character, even though it was just a test.
91466, Good battles
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm usually weary of stsf elves. For some reason, I just blanked during those two times you whooped me.

I don't know where all the grief is coming from...I liked your character and had a good time playing against him.

Join team Village!
91464, RE: Thaneln(pilot character to test legacies) is dead and gone
Posted by Khendel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I could have swore this was Arlettien incarnate. It's a big shame because you seemed to really know your PK.

Sorry you had to see the downside of Imperial looting. It's really all the best that you go into every fight expecting to lose everything. It makes you a little cautious while at the same time setting low expectations of your opponents.

Plus some of the current Imperial crop are rediculous about looting. Karma.

Good luck with the next. I had a great time learning a few things from you and fighting at your side.
91462, I enjoyed our fights...
Posted by Ckath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... but I heard a lot of #### about you from all directions. But I never saw anything of it myself except that one time when I lost a few things that you gave to a level 23! That pissed me off a lot.

3vs1 gang down and then you take stuff that none of you can use to give to a lvl 23 char. That really ticked me off. Other than that, I had fun in our interactions and fights.
91461, RE: Thaneln(pilot character to test legacies) is dead and gone
Posted by Ageryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boooo.