Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Sema the Kingpin
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=91353
91353, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Sema the Kingpin
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 21 23:37:08 2010

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Sema perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:thief
Level:34
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:48
91360, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Sema the Kingpin
Posted by Patakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What? After I helped you get some dragon hide too?? WHAAA??? You bring her back to life right now and make a name for your self!
91362, I'd like to know more about this charater
Posted by Klar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And whether this was the Player getting up set or part of the character.
91427, RE: I'd like to know more about this charater
Posted by Sema tesslama on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well I got rly rly mad i got sick and tired of the captain never being on so it destroyed the fun of this character
91440, FYI,
Posted by Klar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf thieves are not typically set up to battle assassins.

There's just not a whole lot you can do in most cases. When you were tripping me, I was trying to lag you too sinse I was winning the fight.

I hear you about fort. Seems to be as cliquish as they say Empire is. It traditionally has the gawd awefull most terrible interviews and it takes for ever to get anywhere near what you want your character to play.

Can't say I've been successful with one in 3 years at least. Never make it past the interviews so I just quit trying.
91441, Thieves are too set up to battle assassins!
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thieves can get haste, nasty knockout effects, dual wield maces and permalag assassins on occasion. There's plenty else they can do, but suffice it to say that a well played thief can often enjoy a slight advantage on a well played assassin.

91442, It's not just slight.
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thieves have some of the best openers in the game, only warriors can top them and that pretty much amounts solely to pincer.

If you can as a thief leverage it using dam redux (haste is not necessary if you make good use of knife) then you will beat an assassin even if they apply their -14 str/dex (more with axe kick) and the slow effect on kansetsuwaza.

If you lose your offhand, you switch your dagger to mainhand and continue knifing, the dam redux is important when you lose all your stats, not before. You'll have to eat at least one throw or MSK to finish it, but you have better openers and can do more damage faster by leveraging backstab, knife, parting block and bindings or sucker hit.

Dagger specs are far trickier because they get more concealeds the lower your dex goes, but again, you need to leverage your openers to mitigate the mid-battle damage moves and concealed. Your options for doing this against anyone tough is once again, bindings or dam redux.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=
91463, RE: It's not just slight.
Posted by Sema on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is all true i hate to say this but this was my worst thief ever...i dont know what went wrong i just didnt think of my fights...but then again this is my first thug. It was fun and all. I had a hard time with the nobby elf thing but rp for her was bad...