Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Klar the Ippon Seinage, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=91296
91296, (DELETED) [None] Klar the Ippon Seinage, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Mar 20 09:24:57 2010

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Klar perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:31
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:44
91297, Definitly not my cup of tea.
Posted by Klar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I see why the Ruskies favor it. It's not what you know, it's who you know.

I just didn't feel like pumping any more time into a cabal that so many people could influence my enjoyment in. I had no idea Second tier Shadows could even demote.

klar was a bit of an ass, but i play my characters based on their actual age, and their experiences. Klar was a 18year old Shadow and thought he was king ####.

As far as why I never discussed philosophy with reguard to the Bloodoath. There's no need. The Law says administer it. Klar doesn't care about philosophy. so take it or die. After 25th rank or so, he never travelled with anyone other than an Imperial.

Anyway. I felt like I was kicking some ass with him, and assassins are way, way way to good a class. They need toned down/revamped, changed. Honestly. Every time I play one I feel like i'm cheating even though I don't wrack up huge kill counts.

Blah blah blah. pretty disapointing.

onward.

91322, RE: Definitly not my cup of tea.
Posted by Drogal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wish we had more interactions then... Only two fights and I know you fled from the second when I came at you with two friends, and killed one and started in on you.... I think you either died or fled from the first, but I don't remember that one, and I didn't log it.

As for Assassins, uber survivable. And in the right hands, they can PK pretty well in the 20-40 range. But they get lambasted pretty bad in pre-hero and hero unless you know what you're doing(Which I don't most of the time) I don't think they're over powered.... But that's just me.

GLWYN
91325, I only died once.
To a single warrior.

Assassins are rediculous in my opinion. They excell at all levels.
91340, RE: I only died once.
Yeah, I remember now. You quafed before we could fight in Darsylon, then almost immediately after I started in on you after killing the Arial in Eregion. How many kills did you end up with?
91409, I don't fight Conjies.
And I don't know. A handful, maybe more.
91412, RE: I don't fight Conjies.
Mind if I ask why?
91425, sure
They tank well.

They have serveitors that can exceed a high exp penalty classes level by far thus being hard/impossible to dodge or parry.

Their servants can burst rediculous damage.

Even rangers can't hide from an angry servant so all the player has to do is walk around.

Magic missle is a crude but effective spell with one round of lag that chases you when you flee.

It's hard to seal a kill.

Familiars are crazy tough in many cases and basically give them an extra 2 rounds of combat in a lot of cases.

Wands.

In short, they just aren't worth messing with if they have their pets.
91426, RE: sure
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And yet for as tough as you make them out to be, I can count the conjurers with positive PK ratios on one hand.

It's more that it's something that you specifically have difficulty with than something that's that strong in general.
91429, I didn't say other wise. :)
I do have difficulty, so I won't fight them.
91430, RE: I didn't say other wise. :)
You should have stuck it out with me. You might have learned something, cause I stink at PK and so it might have been an easier row to run through FWIW. There are plenty of people who run all over me on a consistent basis, but I'm getting better at picking my battles, and running when I need to run. GLWYN man.
91432, I have stuck it out with you.
You're conji #45434. Statistically I will lose so i'm not going to try if I can help it.
91433, RE: I have stuck it out with you.
No worries man. No insults intended. I guess as I try to go through my different classes, and people here can attest that I've done most of them... Just not well... But when I do them, I try to figure tactics out for each fight... Then maybe when I get 10 more years under my belt, I'll actually be able to pull off some of those things I've seen others do. *Like killing one of my angels that should have been 14 levels above them and then killing me*
91428, RE: sure
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>They tank well.

No they don't. They tank decently, and if you can put out multiple small hits instead of one big one, the damage adds up fast. It's just they can engineer situations where you'll tank as bad or worse, and that's what they're supposed to do. If they can't do that (see: pincersvirf with autumn harvest, there's nothing a conjurer can do to beat that build except hope to land a rot or instakill psionic blast) then they are going to have to leave the fight in 6 rounds if they are non-scion.

Granted, it's probably possible to mist-wraith them up between AC + parry + shield block to mitigate some of this early on, but it's not a real fight-turner.

>
>They have serveitors that can exceed a high exp penalty
>classes level by far thus being hard/impossible to dodge or
>parry.

Fight them at hero and you'll find there's a certain limit to this.

Even given this they have no kill-sealing ability unless you #### up so it comes down to it's in their best interest to make the fights as short as possible or find you wounded (the latter of which they have the tools to do but at great risk to themselves)
>
>Their servants can burst rediculous damage.
>

So can anyone with flurry or drum. On the conjurer himself. And it's worse when the conjurer uses an angel or demon since they aren't getting healed at the last second in combat, at least an archon can rejuv or a devil can vamp touch a low-saves or negative_vuln target.

>Even rangers can't hide from an angry servant so all the
>player has to do is walk around.

Don't piss off the archon or devil in that case. It's not hard to burst damage more than an archon can heal with about half the classes in the game and conjurers require a/b/s to be truly dangerous using angels/demons, even with a/b/s they are still in great danger of any form of bash.

>
>Magic missle is a crude but effective spell with one round of
>lag that chases you when you flee.

Magic missile is easy as hell to save against. Wear -20 saves and you'll find it less of a problem, conjurers don't get and don't need spellcraft. Though the one that gets that skill in a role contest will have fun using dispel magic.

>
>It's hard to seal a kill.

It's as hard to seal a kill on them as it is for them to seal one on you. FYI there's an item sold in protected cities available to level 20's that negates nightgaunt 100% with no effort. They'll start full saccing you once they realize you're using it, but it exists.

Conjurers, to have any sort of lag ability other than fighting mid-levels (where dam redux is scarce, non-existent or fatally risky) or giving up shield block, need to obtain and perfect an exotic weapon, which are notoriously impossible to improve at in the low levels and only get easier to get skill-ups in the closer you are to 100%, opposite of most skills in the game. Additionally they need to go through the trouble of their decision pretty much boiling down to batter or swing, and whatever they pick they are going to be stuck with the rest of their lives until they get it to 100%, which will without question take until level 51.

>
>Familiars are crazy tough in many cases and basically give
>them an extra 2 rounds of combat in a lot of cases.

That's if the conjurer in question is very lucky. There are familiars out there the imms refuse to touch and update further, such as raven (no passive benefit whatsoever in conjuring, can't tank, damage is mediocre, hp total is crap, it can fly and see hidden and it's so fragile in combat it's not even good for that), that are still useless even with warrior/warded familiar. Familiars matching your playstyle are as much of a dice roll as a/b/s and if you get the wrong familiar you're going to have to pretty much take the edge points you'd have spent on it and get something else.

>
>Wands.
>

Wands are a royal screwed up pain in the ass. Only the players who have a taste for tedium, don't mind a modicum of risk and are obsessive compulsive, with an optional wand list, are going to find their sleek black. Shield + aura + stone skin, while nothing to sneeze at, is going to make your run of the mill rager or imperial laugh if it's not paired with a devil/archon. Just don't use wrath/defilement on a conjurer and they will be forced to find further miscellaneous damage reduction such as resist heat/cold/lightning.

While it is possible for a conjurer to near-guarantee the existence of conjurer-only aura, and depending on ethos, shield, regardless of alignment, there is no such guarantee for barrier, and a conjurer needs a source of resist poison and quite a bit of svs paralysis to have stone skin on tap, as well as be fighting the appropriate enemy for prot vs. align potions/scrolls to work.

>In short, they just aren't worth messing with if they have
>their pets.

It's possible, and even likely, that most heroes don't care about those pets either because of the burst damage they can put out on the conjurer himself, or because of their own damage reduction. Devil A.I. is a little rotten when it comes to group combat and any one person is immune to a given attack, and devils/archons don't trend toward rot or plague on high-saves or high-dam redux targets like they should, and don't trend toward straight damage on fragile targets like they should.

Also, while it does matter less to them than other classes, disarm and shield cleave are still a threat to most conjurers and they are less likely to have noremove/nodisarm shields than most shield paladins.

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=
91434, RE: sure
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So assassins are so good they need to be toned down, and yet you elected not to fight conjies because it was pointless and they kicked your butt.
91437, Yep. I don't see anything at odds with my assertion.
Read: Assassinate Conjurer.
91345, Too bad
Posted by Silarik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really lookin forward to fighting you some more. Neither of us really got that close to killing the other. Usually Grishnak was more of a threat so when I fled from you when you initiated it was to re-engage Grishnak. Besides, he had barely gotten away from me so many times I just really wanted him bad.

Good luck with the next.