Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fernufeyia the Mistress of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90981
90981, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fernufeyia the Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 7 20:43:53 2010

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Fernufeyia perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:50
90991, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Fernufeyia the Mistress of Changelings
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I heard various folks complaining about how this character full looted every single kill.

Was that accurate, or just peoples' skewed perception? If it was accurate...why be that way?
90994, The logs say...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Full looted every single kill is an exaggeration, but not much of one.

"Took everything they could carry from nearly every kill" is about right on.
91096, This character sucked
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Went ooc to me as a lowbie, so I watched for them ranking up and killed them.
91103, If it's consolation:
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Went ooc to me as a lowbie, so I watched for them ranking up and killed them.

It wasn't just you, and it was noticed and dealt with. The player has a long string of this sort of thing, and the gloves were off once it was noticed.

Feel free to send up a pray when you see stuff like this. You can always kill them later.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
91104, RE: If it's consolation:
Posted by Melememelem on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Killing this one out of range was one of the most fun things I did. She looted stuff when I died and taunted. I told her she should give it to me and not doing as I said would be a mistake. She said interesting ooc things essentially meaning "I'm level 24 you're a hero, nothing you can do, so #### you".

Well, a little bit later, the power of summon and a few elf scouts and guards in eregion combined to make a Ferny corpse. Good times.
91109, Haha, yeah I was there
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was ranking with him. Kinda pissed me off. But then, we started doing it again until an Imperial came again. Hopefully, I hope you didn't ask him to come for him again!
90995, Yeah, Both times she got me....T
Posted by Not-Amused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The first time I just barley touch down after being recalled.. Right when my toes touch the ground she is there chomping on me and killed me. Then I try to get all from my corpse but I can't due to some sort of lag. and she steals 75% of my things...

In the same day or some other time later I quaffed a potion of recall, and guess what happened there. Right when I touched down she was there again chomping on me and I still had not alot of items cause of her from the time before, And due to some sort of lag again, she gets to my corpse first stealing everything except for 1 or 2 things that time.

My two Interactions from the char, annoying char.
90996, Dying at your recall always lags you. (n/t)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mostly because wanted people, 10-15 years ago, used to just suicide their flags by: wimpy 0, recall, spam get all corpse.

91000, RE: Dying at your recall always lags you. (n/t)
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You might look at reducing the lag, depending on how long it is. My suggestion would be: make it as short as possible such that if I kill someone at his pit, I still have a decent chance of looting something given I'm probably lagged via a command I entered. (e.g. If I kill someone with the "kick" command, he shouldn't be guaranteed to loot all his stuff just because I'm still in the kick lag when he dies.)

As a deterrent to cheap ditching of flags, the lag on dying at your pit is a pretty poor deterrent. I can think of umpteen other ways I could die somewhere and be almost guaranteed to make it back to my stuff before anyone else does.
91146, Did it achieve anything worthwhile though?
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's still at least one character who suicides to lose each flag. I can only presume they do it from a short distance from their recall instead of at their recall. Either way, there's negligible chance of them losing their gear?

I've only ever been affected by that lag when I'm not suiciding.
91148, RE: Did it achieve anything worthwhile though?
Posted by Kamuela_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But if you're killed at your respawn, the victor should be allowed at least some chance to loot your corpse before you grab it all. Generally speaking, he'll still be lagged from a skill that led to sealing the kill. Suicide flags aside, this is the main reason I like to see the lag at the pit.