Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Auto) I'm out due to life.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90636
90636, (Auto) I'm out due to life.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hung up my spurs last Thursday.

Caught/helped catch more fugitives than I can remember. Hundreds. With probably a 1,000 turning themselves in at my insistance. Only two escaped. 1 a Saudi Arabian who went back home, and another a girl who moved to Louisiana and it was cheaper to pay her bail than go pick her up.

I put 75,000 miles on my car in 1 1/2 years.

Thursday I had a falling out with my partner because... Wait for it... He lied to me.

I have offers from other agencies to join them, but I will be a strait Bondsman and not a paid full time Bounty Hunter. I'll probably make better money anyway and I'll still freelance a little on the side.

Then Friday The Army tells me I'm NOT able to retire after all and I have to do two weeks of duty starting TODAY in order to avoid having to another yearm

Then I broke it off with my girlfriend Saturday which to me is like having someone you love die.

But at the end of it I am driving out to California to help out a friend of mine writing a screen play. I planned on being there for a couple weeks and hitting the mountains for a week, but it looks like it will be a month at the least before I return home.

CF has been so much,... To much a part of my life. Maybe this will be the cure?

Agmar Stonebones was my last character and that's fine. I've had so many because of my OCD when it comes to min/maxing specific traits with characters and feeling disappointed when they failed in that area.

Thanks to those could tolerate me in the staff and among players.

I suppose I'll poke in the forums when I am absolutley bored.

Be good and FTA!

P.S. --ARE-- there any of the old FTA guys around?
90753, Good luck man
Posted by Rodriguez on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hope it works out well for you.
90687, Sorry about you and your partner not working out.
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lying spouses are the worst!

Good luck with the next.

Much Love

Parv
90655, RE: (Auto) I'm out due to life.
Posted by wareagle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We've been cut off for a long time, but you've my best wishes.

FTA
90647, RE: (Auto) I'm out due to life.
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good luck with everything man!

I was following your story just fine, until you got the part about driving to California to help write a screen play. Now it sounds like the theme to a movie!

Aarn
90648, I have had a few pen pals over the years...
Since before Email.

I picked one up a couple years ago and helped her write a show that came in second to "United States of Tara".

It has been picked up for review buy a new station co-owned by Lions Gate and Sony. And they want four more scripts other than what she wrote.

I had a lot of time on my hands sitting on stake outs. I didn't write any one story but I help her find holes in it and provide advice and experiences given that it's got a cops and criminals/hitman theme. It's a comedy drama and while you couldn't guess (unless you knew Rathgar and my orcs) I'm probably quite literally one of the funniest people you will ever meet. I've even thought of doing stand up but CF killed that.

Anyway since I'm a funny guy with a penchant for violence I kinda became her defacto consultant.

Her husband actually designed the computer programs for the cameras used in filming Avatar and was a part of the film crew responsible for that.

Anyway, she's just cool and want's to fly me out there again because of the new intrest in it and put me on the pay roll as her token redneck. I may even be in it as a background actor! Lol.

I don't claim to be the driving force in her show or even the greatest talent but she's a friend and a paid working vacation to California is a good thing. Am I right?

And to think,I've never won a role contest.
90649, RE: I have had a few pen pals over the years...
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's awesome. If you get a background spot, you'll have to let us know. You can be the famous CFer!

Aarn
90650, hrm, actually, I could incorporate the CF
Motto, "By what name do you wish to be mourned?" Somewhere. If a fitting spt comes up.

And depending on the part, I could wear a t-shirt with the Skull on it.
90657, That would be cool
Posted by Alondarin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Did you read about those fans of the lord of the rings movies who made a prequel from 30k sterling pounds? Kate madison i think..
90667, RE:a paid working vacation to California is a good thing. Am I right?
Posted by Pendragon_Surtr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Think you will be able to handle being in a state with so many illegal aliens though? Don't go postal and kill them all, otherwise you might be back to playing CF since there is nothing better to do in prison. Good luck with life!
90669, While I admit to not liking Illegal aliens.
I don't know if The Peoples Republic of California is really a State anymore.

90640, Good luck with everything!
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Been a blast to have played with and against you. I hope you get time to play again in the future.

Take care!
90641, Thanks. If this was a table top,
I would want you at the table.

You are among the fun ones here.

Thanks for the good times.
90642, Even though he's ESL?
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry, had to do it. I love Arrna, btw.
90643, Hey! I'm no ESL! I'm a swede dammit! n/t
n/t
90644, Just ignore that... DOH! n/T
N/T
90659, I heart this post. (n/t)
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

valguarnera@carrionfields.com
90664, Because Swedish people learn English first now?
Hehehehehe.
90638, Good luck, Pro
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
even though you live in a completely different universe, good luck keeping life and work and love together.

And try to look outside the cave, sometime. It's interesting out here.
90639, Yeah...
Started life a lib and thought I was a Democrat. Became a Republican in my late 20's and now I'm a non-religeous radical right wing independant/ Libertarian now.

Travel all the way around the world... twice, fought two wars, and some operations other than war.

Been to 9 countries as well as every state in the union except Maine, Rhode Island, Hawaii, Alaska, and New Hampshire.

I've been everything from a bus boy to a bounty hunter. I've got something like 80 hrs of college but no degree.

Had a kid, loved and lost. Screwed up and succeeded.

And now I'm going to Hollywood to help write for a program that's already been picked up by Lion's Gate/Sony.

All before I'm 40 and as far as I'm concerned, I'm just getting started.

You're right man... I should branch out and see what there is to see so to speak.
90646, We'll miss you and Aether both. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
90688, Seconded n/t
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
90637, Even though I think you're crazy, good luck.
You've certainly made me laugh over the years.

And Brumm was awesome.