Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectAurilimilis
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90375
90375, Aurilimilis
Posted by Mamed on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aurilimilis Aurilimilis, he was a douche elf out to make his mark in Thera. Thats how I veiwed him in real life. The douche elf grew on me and I just decided to stick with him for as long as the character didnt become none fun. Then three hundred hours later no virtures multiple full loots, last name coolness hell ya! Acolyte coolness! Hell ya! the trash talken the drinken the whoren elven. The soul sharden. The multiple characters he interacted with later. It just became a chore. I am in a rough spot in my life and just dont need another oh great I got to log on thing. Onto goodbyes.

Honestly I think all those I interacted with are great players. I cannot complain on any of your guys roleplay or anything. thanks to the imm staff. Padwei Adekar Enilith, You three really just made me want to keep goin. All very neat and interactive imms I pat you on your heads. Sorry for baggen out but dam you should really see the six evils to one elf kinda stuff thats goin on. I wasnt haven fun sorry :)
90457, Fare well Dear Knight
Posted by Jeeiceahe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice solid Paladin I thought from what I could see, constantly trying to live up to Paladinly ideals.
I really thought we would have more time to continue our explorations and friend/relation/ship, but alas not.

If I could give one piece of advice: while I think its awesome and very cool for high level chars, or people familiar with not widely traveled areas. You should try to let the people that are tagging along try to discover some of the things for themselves. A few hints and clues, but the "AHA!" moments are so much better when someone figures things out for themselves. It also expands the chances of good RP banter.
Hope you had as much fun hanging with me as I did with you.

GLWTN
90460, I really loved you.
Posted by Aurilimilis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)miss ya
90430, RE: Aurilimilis
Posted by Nog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good scraps, don't think I ever got you though.

GLWYN
90429, RE: Aurilimilis - Comments.
Posted by Ardryll on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between Ardryll, and Athtar, I experienced your three attempts at the role of Acolyte. Liandrianer, Liffit, and Aurilimilis.

Liandrianer was a pleasant experience because of how well our times fit together, and giving me the opportunity to run through the motions to get reaqainted with everything from dressing, to remembering where prep locations were after a year spent in the trenches in the village.

I never spoke anything about the other two characters, but I would really like to take this time to give some constructive criticism.

It is always a boon to have a player which can commit alot of time to a character, it allows for alot of opportunity to build connections and interactions with other players, and take a hand in shaping the cabal.

The biggest negative view was (like Athtar being a shell of Ardryll), it was very obvious, very quickly that each continued character was a shell of previous. Alot of interactions with Aurilimilis, the adopted speech patterns of liffit often came out, and there might of been a slight modification of each of the characters; for example Liandrianer with the Captain going down with the ship thing, Liffit wanting to be a dwarf, and Aurilimilis being non-aggressive, there wasnt really anything that was distinquishing between the three characters. Considering i made the same mistake of wanting to continue where i left off with Ardryll, (Even though i think Athtars role was just awesome), it really did seem to sap the enjoyment when i felt like i fell back into my previous role without being able to distinquish the two. a combined 400hrs, and i'm thinking to myself what am i wasting my time with going through the motions over and over.

I am glad that you were able finally get beyond the scribe-stage, although they did seem to make alot of improvements in the new age regarding rewarding promotions to players who put the time in, there still seems to be alot in place that dissuades players from trying out Fortress. From all the interactions required with members in the cabal, all the interviews and recommendations, to finally getting inducted and realizing you only are granted a form of protection until you've put in 100-200hrs, all of it can be very discouraging.

You always seemed to enjoy voicing your opinions and thoughts, but just remember when it comes to interviews to keep is quick and concise, and to the point. It seemed like alot of interviews I listened over seemed to drift off topic as a new thought came to your head.

You were nice to have around, especially so i didnt have to do alot of things Solo, and i appologize for reaming into you that one day, but it was a bad day as it is, and you really just seemed to press my buttons that day which put me over the top.

Anyways, I hope you can bring a new character to the game, maybe something out of your comfort zone?

After a few failed attempts, and a severe loss of interest since Ardryll passed, i might be taking a month or two break, but hope you dont get discouraged with the no virtue thing etc.

The promotion but no virtue is odd considering she gave it out, even if the character isnt grasping the religion to well, the sheer determination at working at it usually pops up at least one as a reward.

GLWYN

90436, To be honest the other two were my brother. I just came back after the perge.
My brother is gay ok leave him alone. lol. Aurlilimilis was gay to but that was because he was suppose to be a annoyance. To be honest I have played multiple class hero'd each class found each wand for each mage. Hell I remember playing in the first age as I said in the library. Still many cool imms. Padwei still rocks. I remember Iunna not being able to speak. She use to have to write everything down. Cool stuff to see her as padwei. Honestly I told my brother I could make Acolyte before he did and I was correct As far as for his speech I contributed his life to being raised in a long forgotten village called Kratiliztar, he adapted speech to those he was around mainly do to the fact he had no other family. I liked Athtar personally other then the fact he didnt know when to shut his yap. Always thinking he was right pissed me off. But sadely nine out of ten times I already knew you were right just didnt want to let you go down withought some ale' resistance! I still say I was able to escape bearcharge better then you.
90437, Again I was just returning to shut my brothers yap. And I did. So bleh
...... and he still doesnt get laid and I do. by my hand, and occasionaly a boy or two, and if I am lucky a female.
90438, Well if you hang around dwarfs you start talken like dwarfs just how social ecomomics is.
Posted by Mind on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
........ aurilimilis was still dumb for sitten in his guild so much and talken like a dwarf when clearly he wasnt
90441, RE: Well if you hang around dwarfs you start talken like dwarfs just how social ecomomics is.
Posted by Ardryll on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It really came out with Aurilimilis which just echoed it was the player of liffit, who continued to act as a dwarf in elf's body. He continued to put the name on being around Athtar, but considering Athtar didnt speak like a dwarf (as per being raised alone and without companionship). that just couldnt be possible.

I dont know what the flaming your brother (or yourself?) is, but considering you have the exact same speech patterns, you can use this guise as you wish.

Never was i saying your characters were poorly played, just giving you some of my thoughts.
90442, I am so glad Aurilimilis is dead.
90443, And after this character I go back into retirement. Time for Beer.
/
90444, Sorry you didn't like your character
Posted by reflections on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If it makes you feel any better, Aurilimilis has a song about him floating around Thera.

And for the record, Aurilimilis acted like an elf around elves, so in context to what's being said here, it sounds like he adopted patterns of behavior around different races. I could see an Acolyte doing that.
90445, Thank you Man! U ROCK MAN! I am glad I was not the only one to think so.
//.
90446, And no I really do have a ten year old brother that talks the same as I do cause I taught him how to play.
... ass
90420, Farewell Fairborn
Posted by Malindur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions, very much.
90419, NOOO NOT MORAL AURIL!
Posted by Rorgoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was great fun interacting with you, I'm sorry it got boring. I couldn't believe the sheer amount of crap you gathered and gave away. It was ridiculous heh. But alas, you'll be missed, thanks for all the help and for having a fun char.
90417, Big brother
Posted by Uial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll miss you, that journey we had was fun, and I really liked that talk afterwards. I wanted our characters to be close, too bad your con was dropping and you weren't having fun. Best of luck with your next character.
90399, Whaaa???
Posted by Patakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man with out you I wouldn't of been as entertained as I was with Patakie. You were always there in times of need for me and many others! Thank you for all the Interactions. Hope to see your next char!
90413, RE: Whaaa???
Posted by Patakie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah You abandoned me! Whats wrong with you? j/k.
90395, RE: Aurilimilis
Posted by Ageryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I gotta ask: were you drunk/high last night? :)
90396, Probably every time :)
90393, RE: Aurilimilis
Posted by Alondarin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

My stalwart friend. I knew I could count on you. I knew you were an old return player like me. I knew you weren't a newbie, but were a bit PK rusty, and trying to balance that also with being a scribe. We had a bit of friction because of the altruism thing but that was more on principle rather anything else. You were a boon to the fortress, dependable and showed a lot of effort to help out the light.

Sorry the light is not treating you well. Try the bible. Its the scribes in real life and it works more than you would know.
90394, RE: Alondarin
Solid player good friend, I didnt really see friction really i could never see friction because you and me and all the boys went down and literally got blasted away countless of times. I think you shoulda got Acolyte way long ago. Hope you do.
90406, Damn! I was hoping to get a fight with you on even terms...
Posted by Ckath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... First meeting you had 6 levels on me and I was unprepped. So, I ran after a few wraths...

Second time I think was when I came to raid with a bard. Wasn't a fair fight really, was quite impressed that we didn't get you.

Third time was in the jade mountains. I saw you in that area, you ran out, I missed you, saw you in the crevice. You really tried your best to get me to follow. But for me, that is a lose lose situation, and for you it's either win win or break even.

Had I killed you, you would have walked back in as a ghost, gotten your stuff, then just either waited out ghost and killed me, or just worded out and waited for me to die. For me it was a certain death. Either by you, or by starving/thirst/suicide. Whichever more convinient. :)

I enjoyed our banter that time however. Good stuff.
90408, Ckath Oh how I was mad at you for not coming into the crevice .
After the smack talk between each other I was ready for a rumble in the crevice I didnt sanctify it and it woulda been either win or lose! I was ready to be balsy and you didnt take it! It was fun.

auri
90409, Well, sanctified or not... It was a lose lose situation for me...
Posted by Ckath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I was in regear mode and had 0 potions. So, if it was sanctified and I had won? Well, I'd still be stuck. heh (But yeah, didn't really think of that I could also have worded out after killing you if I had had a potion.)
90392, RE: Aurilimilis
Posted by Niran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was kind of getting to like you. I'd look for you as the Char's I rolled kept on rolling. I think I've got one to stick for a bit, so I'll hang this one out. I did get an overly preachy vibe out of your Char, but you really put it on RP wise. Impressive. There aren't a whole lot of people out there who do that. Too many "Ugh You mage, me kill" or "Ugh, You dark me kill" people out there. It's fun to get a bit of the other side of what I think this game could be. Yeah, you could be a little long winded at times, but I got that as part of the char... I hope you come back with something cool...

Keep playin goodies, we need to outnumber them...
90387, Biggus Sighus
Posted by Melememelem on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And here I thought we'd have weeks and weeks of fighting and total rp conflict, priest to priest, faith to faith. I hope you realize that all the vitriol and #### was pure rp, you were the symbol of everything we, me and my big boy Enlilth, hate, and killing you was always high on the list.

I got the feeling you were not a newbie but not a vet either, and still kind of learning the ropes. I bet your next paladin will kick a lot of ass.

Submit to Enlilth and roll up an Imperial! :)
90388, No it wouldnt of been weeks. It woulda been about two days at my hour rate lol.
I lived for so long I was almost con dead anyways I just hate to die that way. I loved your character by the way. Great ####.
90389, Oh my Carreer in cf
I remember back in ninty four sitten in the ymca playen the fields was a lot different then I went through my days of hacken the library files just to play. Got expelled from school a few times to play. Then got a computer runed my relationships to play. I do know a bit but then I quit for a long time. Really long time it seems. I didnt even know dawn wasnt around anymore. It was fun to get back into the grove of stuff.
90397, Just a quick question. Is this the immortal Boca?
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I love your characters if so.
90390, That rot of yours was taking my out in two hours lol
Then i searched and searched found out half of the stuff i could use was iron the other half was on nuetral mobs and Aurilimilis did not kill nuetral mobs it just didnt flow that way. So, the rot was so bad my con was so low two hours later poof. I thought I had enough but then relized even with the set of gear I had I couldnt make the con loss.
90404, Rot stuff
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alchemist ring x 2 (+4con)
Amulets from goblin village (+2 con)
jerkin from under arkham (+3 con)
cloak from Llalenhya (+3 con)
juggling balls aldevari (+2 con I think)
belt from goblin village (+1 con)

potion that adds 3 con (for the end).

That's 18 con there and I'm sure if I thought about it I could add a fair bit more for the other slots. Even an elf can carry these and put them all in a container.
90378, RE: Aurilimilis
I liked this character because you were fun to banter with, BUT:

- No wonder you got burnt out. I've not seen a paladin spend as much time in the guild as you did since the days they had locate object. I'd walk through Voralian City and see you in your guild. Then I'd come back 20 mins later, and still see you there. Then I'd come back 20 mins later and see you were gone. But a few seconds later I'd walk through Galadon and there you are again, in your guild, where I see you remain for a long time again.

That's not to say you didn't do other stuff, but you effectively wasted a lot of your time on line, from what I could see.

You'd probably be less bored, and get more solo fights (and virtues), if you went out and about and didn't give your enemies the chance to pin you down quite so easily. A huge part of pk is being able to pick your fights, and to do that, you have to be on the move (just not into outlander snares).

- Being ganked sucks, but if you did get temperance virtue, ganks wouldn't be a problem any more. Or at least, not a serious one. So hanging in there might have changed everything in time. Bear in mind that Adarmar probably didn't enjoy being ganked either. If you see it as a problem, try not to be part of the problem. You can just make an excuse not to partake in those fights (although Nererial did have a pbf comment saying "I've never seen an imperial so scared to go and gank before" -- so imms won't necessarily see your excuses not to gank as a good thing at first).
90380, No I was completing a set of guides for the fortress is what I was doing.
He was a scribe afterall I really didnt spend offline time writing anything all in character in his guild writing. He even would act it out.
90381, And really he got out a lot and got pk'd a lot if you could see his stats on explorations and all that you would see that. But oh well.
. And he always got most of his eq all by himself as well..So he did a lot more then just guildsitten which he did love to do just to write.
90383, It's possible
That I happened to be around more when you were doing your writing, so got the impression that you were like that a lot. In which case, ignore the advice.
90382, Oh, ok.
Well, I still recommend finding an out of the way place rather than staying in your guild.

Especially if you have no virtues and can be stalked without knowing it.
90376, *insert sonic sigh here*
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Honestly? I just don't know what to say. I'm not very happy with you right about now. Not sure what to say, really, other than to express disappointment. Sorry you weren't having fun. If I'd have known, I'd have shared more of my plan with you. *grumble*
90400, Dont be mad at me. I personally was mad at the game.
As I said it really suprised me first to become a Acolyte before getting at least one virtue. No complaints to Padwei what so ever. I loved her relegion as was starting to grasp it a lot better. She rocks as a imm thats just all there is to that no excuses! Then I was like ok I can get a virtue just got to continue being a good Acolyte, so.... the amount of hours i dwindled into this character was sick for one. Like a crack habit. Then to still have no virtues getting mowed down by imperial armies each step any where you took cause there was like fifty million. Even if I got a leader spot I woulda just kept getten smoked like a cheap blunt. As for Nnaushuck I felt kinda like I raised him. Put him undle uncle Aurilimilis's wing. Watched many fellows grow helped them even. Just there is a time when I couldnt stand each time logging in cause it would go like this. Log in, Rot, die, unghost imperials gank you once again. Oops step on eastern get entangled. Not to mention, OH not to Mention the fact most of my life those dam OUTLANDERS! CHEATING BASTARDS. Costed me so much con. I really didnt like that one friggen bit. Ok Im done. I love you!
90401, And I dont blame Athtar for deleting after the crap me and him saw and went through
It wasnt fair.
90402, Go to whom ever smoked them like a cheat blunt I saw that echo.
/