Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Deleted) Ovineas the Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90125
90125, (Deleted) Ovineas the Shadow Lord
Posted by Beer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what can I say? Assassins are fun. Reaaaaaaaal fun. Might have enjoyed it better though I think I need to play something that has more protection with the class because without martial trance, which was good for a few hours, I'd be dead meat.

I started as Lemeliun before the crash and it was fun really! But then, it crashed. I started over with another role, real basic. Usually, when I do that, when it sucks I delete. I had some ideas but never felt like putting them on paper. + I wasn't inspired to RP it so, whatever. Empire's always fun as usual...but I think I'll stop playing them for a while. Only thing that irks me with this cabal is : You have too many enemies. It's fun, sure...but I'll need to stop playing a char per year and know some stuff before I play one since I have only basic knowledge of the game...the gear, the preps...and it kinda became a shore to prep with all those deaths.

So yeah, kinda played an assassin like a warrior...but eh, I'm always looking for ways to get some adrenaline going and stalking someone is kinda boring sometimes. But hey! Got my first ever assassinate! So at least that's that.

I deleted because I was too bored being submerged by Ragers/Outlanders/Fortress and that I couldn't rank without being spotted or raided. Funny thing though, I kinda got some respect from some players who'd feel for me and I'd have nothing looted...because I stuck around and did my thing even though I'd die my share. I could have stuck around more and con-die but when I start thinking of other things to play, it just shows that even if you got a leader position, you need to move on.

So finally, thanks to those who made it fun...which is mostly Imperials. Some fun guys, some less fun. Most of my enemies pissed me off because it felt just good to hunt me. Last night, I died to an Outlander/Villager/Villager/Outlander? in 30 minutes I think just trying to get to 47. Hard to stay focused to RP when that happens.

I'll be back surely. The game grew back on me.
90144, By beer, do you mean collegebeerdude?
Posted by Kiiyle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cause if so, it's great to see that name. email me at oawenisou@hotmail.com if it is heh
90138, RE: (Deleted) Ovineas the Shadow Lord
Posted by Fwipplethunt on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pity, I enjoyed your tenacity and we were just starting to forge a relationship. I was somewhat surprised you attacked me the first time we met and glad you picked up on the fact that I had no real desire to be openly hostile while darkness and order were not tipping at least with you anyways.

Good luck with your next, I would say go village since that would suit you best but... don't go village, I want to be able to cast at something other then 10 levels below my level for once.
90139, Heh
At first, you kinda pissed off the combat guy by killing the giant while he was at it. Then I'm talking to the meter saying 'Hey your guy's a bit annoying' and you attack me again! :P

Knew it was just temporary when you asked me to join you that other time to raid.
90134, Balls to the wall!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's certainly how you played. We had some great fights. I had a great deal of respect for the way you'd run in, guns a'blazin'. You surprised the hell out of me with that owaza making me lose my spear and die like I did that one time, great job! And that time you tripped me to death and ended up tripping yourself to death, man, I was sure you had me. Well done, all around. It's hard being a punching bag at times. Best of luck on whatever's next and welcome back to the fields.
90140, Kinda liked you!
You were fun to fight and if it wasn't of the fact that we were submerged by foes and no sight of me heroing, I would have enjoyed you as our archnemesis!

Good luck!
90132, Farewell!
Posted by Eldower on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I shan't lie, I was tempted to ditch you in Organia last night during our little fiasco, but we made it out well enough. You seemed to have spirit, and were willing to fight.

GLWYN, hope you enjoy it more.
90129, Ug, to bad...
Posted by Aleen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rats, I was hoping you'd stick with it and get Emperor. I know what you mean about constantly being submerged by enemies... normally I like that when I play my Imperial Shadows, but this time was overkill.

That, and double-XP makes it difficult to learn kicks... man, when you are at 36 and can't get mule kick or evade to budge past 80% after 20+ hours of fighting hooded mobs, it's time to hang it up.
90126, There are some midbies imperials growing up now. A lot of them.
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So roll another Imperial!

Oh, and thanks for a good fights and leaving my newbie breads.
90127, Good Character
Posted by aurilimilis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember the day hearing you got shadow lord our cabal kinda went silent for a second. I saw a few good interesting fights with the fortress that you had. I though you were gonna stick it out! ONE MORE IMPERIAL DOWN! Yay Forties!!!! We gonna bash dem evils bash em I say!

Aurilimilis Kratiliztar, Acolyte of the Golden Sun
90141, You were fun
Hell, I was looking forward to fight you in the hero range! You and Athtar. Man, I was almost dreaming pulling an assassinate on one of you. Mostly Athtar who caught me a lot with my pants down. Heh.