Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectToodles
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90118
90118, Toodles
Posted by Gujra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a couple of theories about monks and I decided to give it another try. I am not gonna rehash this whole discussion over again so I will just say this, they were a good idea that got completely lost in translation.

Thanks for the juicey juice Iunna. Thanks to Adekar for the induction as well.

Much Love
90135, Didn't get to hang out much...
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...but I liked what I saw. G'luck on the next one.
90119, RE: Toodles
Posted by Athtar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am really dissapointed that you decided to kick the bucket, but at the same time my first interaction with you was suprising when i learned what you are. A virtued dwarf avenger is damn exhausting to be, nevermind one whos abilities sap mana like its going out of style.

You powerranked which would explain lack of pkills, but what i did see of you was a stellar preformance and i thought you were making the dedication look appealing. Whenever i saw you raiding or fighting any mobs i was amazed at the amount of hits you were getting off to the point i thought you found some secret method of sanc. I remember seeing regular hits of the range 4-8.

Lack of edges sucks, but Avenger class only has two itself (I believe)

Anyways, i enjoyed your presence and thought you were doing a great job considering how controversial the dedication is. Feel free to
come on back.

Athtar
90120, Correction:
Secret method of haste.
90122, RE: Toodles
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say way to hang in there with all those gang/loots. I would have rage deleted a long time ago. I was more than a little jealous of this character because of all the love you got, but I think it was well deserved. All my recent chars in cf have just been meh.

Basically monks are pretty awesome if you don't mind being attached to someone elses hip. Be it a lagger, a tanker, or a healer. They are pretty damn hot for exploration since mobs cant cover vulns.
90123, RE: Toodles
The build has alot of potential, but really the success of the character all comes down to the opposition. If you are in the market of being swarmed by Villagers/Imperials/Scions you are going to have alot of success, but since that is nonexistant you get the outlander gangs, well it is a completely different story.

I would take a ten member imperial army online at all times in my pk range over a god damn ranger who sits outside the cabal snare ready waiting to jump you.

No bashing really sucks, but since avengers get a temporary blindness, as long as you pick where you fight and use blind/summoning to your advantage, you can have alot of success.

I really liked gujra, i hope you will come back with something that fits your style more.

Everytime i hear you talking dwarf i wanted to get down and dirt into it. But after a year of dwarfing in all sorts of cabals, my grammar and punctuation, spelling everything has gone down the drain. So for my own sake i had to make an intellectual dwarf who didnt grow up among his kin.
90124, Yeah
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The build def has potential I will agree an in the hands of someone else I am sure the class would have a fair amount of success. What I found in most of my pk fights was that either I got lagged out or I lagged myself out via intensify. In the hands of someone that likes to gang though this class would be retarded.

90128, Gujra! OI! MAH KIN!
Posted by Aurilimilis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a pleasure to fight so many fights along you. You were a nasty little fighter. Always willen to explore. I am losing all my fifth age friends! OI!!!! Gujra, Iladia, Arun! good character all around its crap stick you didnt stick it out! CRAP STICK!

Aurilimilis Kratiliztar, Acolyte of the Golden Sun