Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject[PURGED] Barandilora, gnome, healer, Nexan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=90080
90080, [PURGED] Barandilora, gnome, healer, Nexan
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was me, and by far the worst of the characters I've played seriously. I somehow got leader (mostly by playing lots and having all the other people die at once) and then promptly stopped showing up (due to crappy work/life stuff). Basically this character felt kind of uninspired rp-wise, a generic mishmash of my verbose, sort of nice characters but without anything really interesting going on. Also, I will almost always play female on a mana-user, because it's OP. Normally I think I pull it off, but this time, not so much. Pretty much a dude in a female gnome suit this time. Bleh.

Pk-wise I wasn't absolutely horrible, but I played very stupidly and lazily. I did get one PK on that battle elf, yay kick, and I did pull off a few nice saves, but there was way too much forgetting to keep people sanced and getting perma-lagged because I couldn't be bothered to put protective shield up. All my trains went in mana, and that was actually pretty enjoyable. She was pushing 2000 for a while there, though I never quite hit the mark.

Anyway, sorry for being a deadbeat leader and a chore of a follower. I enjoyed my interactions with almost everyone except for staff-of-striking guy.

My opinion of the Nexus is that it would be completely awesome if the mud had about 2-3X more players online consistently. As it was, there was usually only me and one ally and not a lot of choices for opponents. Also, as a healer having more people to heal without me feeling like Nexus O'clock makes us too powerful even if I do nothing.
The immortal presence was the most subdued I've experienced in a cabal, and though I made an effort to approach the leaders, I didn't get far. But then, if my RP wasn't exciting to me, there's probably not much reason it would excite them.

Iunna, thanks for empowering me and putting in a few discussions even though you weren't into Iunna and I wasn't a model follower. That time I started talking about Passion I felt like an idiot. The funny thing is, I wasn't thinking of Padwei, I was thinking of Arvam. Must be getting senile. Our interactions seemed strained because I couldn't get the feel of the character. Didn't want to be zany like Zandrumial, thought it might be fun having the tension of the frisky Iunna with the awkward, unsociable Barandilora, but it just didn't click into place the way I would've liked.

Now I need to figure out what to play next. I want to play a battle character, but there's 6349714 low-level (i.e. douchebag) villagers right now and I must feel like I'm a unique and special snowflake. Also, having never been in battle, and never played a real warrior I probably can't hack the competition and will just sit around being an app forever. Oh, I dunno I'll probably figure something out, but right now I'm not feeling anything. Could use a suggestion here.

Past chars:
Sythvaur - half-elf necro, good-aligned warlock
Zandrumial - gnome healer of pico entropy heroimm
Elrys - human conjurer acolyte Prophet/Cardinal
Edimus - human bard scion advisor
And now:
Barandilora - gnome healer of Iunna nexus Meter
90137, RE: [PURGED] Barandilora, gnome, healer, Nexan
Posted by Quindelbin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was good knowing you, I always enjoyed the few interactions we had. You may not have been into a single role, but you still reacted well. I'll never forget the time I was like "How you been beautiful?" Trying to be all smooth, then you blinked and I read your description about how ugly you were and felt like a tool lol. I just played it off as forgetting how to be socially interactive with females as I hadn't had much experience with female gnomes =P
90145, Actually
>Was good knowing you, I always enjoyed the few interactions
>we had. You may not have been into a single role, but you
>still reacted well. I'll never forget the time I was like
>"How you been beautiful?" Trying to be all smooth, then you

This was the one part of my role I played consistently - the awkwardness whenever attractiveness or anything related to non-platonic friends came up. Barandilora ate sirine grapes as a kid and never filly adjusted to it. That was my thinly veiled way of excusing generally masculine behavior on my part, as well as a perfect excuse for never being at all flirty with anyone.
90103, RE: [PURGED] Barandilora, gnome, healer, Nexan
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I was never really sure what to make of the character, so
that was a hard one. I'll always have a special place in my heart
for Zandrummy though. :)
90088, You could be such a pain..
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember this one raid that went on for what must have been over an hour, where between you sanc'ing/healing the guardians in between recalls/healing-sleeps, and the guardians just kicking the hell out of me with organ disrupts, it became a Sisyphus-ian activity that I just had to abandon out of time constraints and frustration :)

You should try a rager, there's plenty of room for a unique and special snowflake. Just don't say that out loud or you'll get called to the Circle.

Good luck with your next.
90095, Yeah
>I remember this one raid that went on for what must have been
>over an hour, where between you sanc'ing/healing the guardians
>in between recalls/healing-sleeps, and the guardians just
>kicking the hell out of me with organ disrupts, it became a
>Sisyphus-ian activity that I just had to abandon out of time
>constraints and frustration :)

Yeah, I remember that. I was pretty happy about it. :) At first I didn't think I was going to succeed, but hooray I did. A real healer would've just fought you off though.
90085, Play a thief. Lot's of gear circulating around.
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't you want to steal it?