Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(Gone) Destrig Viaas the tribunal druid
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89827
89827, (Gone) Destrig Viaas the tribunal druid
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had real high hopes for this character - I was nearing the apex of a severe role-playing change in the characters life and shows my luck when it gets the axe right before then.

Destrig was from a family of lycans, descendants from Joheem the Wolf (CF trivia points to whoever knows where that's from in Thera). Taking Ancestral Curse at level 1, I was an Enlilth empowered druid seeking to protect nature's greatest evolution (man's civilization) with the intent on using the Spire cover on hiding/helping my true problem....that at age 30, men in my family lost their control over resisting the Black Moon's call and giving into the insatiable rage (got the idea from watching the Wolfman trailer). Hoping to take Vindicator (I was close I think) as an outlet to hunting people down, but inevitable it wouldn't be enough. I was 29 in-game :( I was already chugging down potions of desensitize constantly....I was starting to fight back and hunt random people down in form, even struck outlanders in town as a condor breaking the law for the first time in my last login. I was even planning on killing the elf provincial the second she stepped out of town on a full moon (but never did).

I had my growing pains playing the druid and wasn't exactly deathful, since my last real druid was way back as an initiate of the great wild beast, so yeah...several years ago. I didn't prep either which is problematic when you fight rangers who ambush for 700+ hp or shifters who go through all your protections (deny flesh booo). I was hoping to retract or prove my point on telluric surge, but I never really used it since most of my enemies were from the Zoo from Hell (aka Scion shifters) or Outlanders...neither used metal much. It did get me one of my first kills on an orc though, very easily I might add so the argument still stands to be proven ;) I could have edged it easily enough but I always found more important things to take (think I ended with 9-10 edges). It's also hard for me playing any ranger/druid, mostly since it's so limiting where your turf is - just not my style.

On being a Tribunal, talk about a boring and horrible choice for a druid but I didn't have the intention of being there long. Given that spending time in town screws up your wilderness familiarity and half your stuff doesn't work in town, especially indoors or defending....attacking the Tree was easy enough though so I was on the offensive as much as I could and rarely in town. I really should have taken Initiate of the Desert given how much I was fighting outside the Chasm (more criminals than Outlander), and fighting Outlanders who camoflauge so you cannot see doesn't make it easier. I think it's absolutely stupid that you cannot attack criminals unless it's in your own city (miss Arbiters).....when a criminal can rest to full in Hamsah/Voralia and you're sitting with your thumb up your ass looking at them and unable to attack, it's just stupid.

Anyways, I had fun and was really on the edge of a huge change for the character....I'd probably get uninducted at some point, maybe go evil, maybe go Imperial, maybe go insane/nuts, maybe get stuck in bearform, maybe get kicked out of the Conclave/druid guild, etc. It was kind of open whatever would happen and was hoping Enlilth would provide some direction on that but it never happened. 1 short year from that answer :(

Oh well, cheers. I wouldn't mind hearing what ya thought of him.

-Sand/Torak
89868, RE: (Gone) Destrig Viaas the tribunal druid
Posted by Asetath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despise knowing how spider and pits work, I wasn't exactly sure how you died in the desert until you posted the log. It completely slipped my mind that you had probably fallen into my pit when you fled and died to the fall damage. That was probably the coolest use I got out of what was an incredibly utilitarian form.

I liked you though. You handled dying really gracefully, even when the odds sucked and you had equipment good enough to loot (and wear).

Tribunal druid is something I'll never have the ambition to try.

Kudos and all.
89865, I didn't feel much RP from Destrig however...
Posted by Lamanee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I really enjoyed the idea of a druid in the spire. It sounds like awesome RP and quite a shame I didn't get to see it.

I actually doubt you were closet to Vindicator as you most likely would have needed my recommendation for it. And you wouldn't have gotten it until you had been a provincial under me for quite some time. (Just as I had to stay a provincial under Valkyneth and Mizze one under him as well etc...)

You were however VERY close to make it to provincial.

As I leveled with you as Kaer I really got pissed at your betrayal. But I assumed (and still do) that it somehow fits your role. :D

Anyways, GLWYN. See you in the fields if I get back. (Which statistics says that I will.)