Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Rathgar the Master of Stealth
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89588
89588, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Rathgar the Master of Stealth
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Dec 30 20:25:25 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Rathgar perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:97
89641, I guess thats right.
Posted by Zephon-lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never had an svirf warrior in battle, or even played one.

But I even had a sucessful village assassin, even made mageslayer.

It was fun though ^_^
89631, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Rathgar the Master of Stealth
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is such a disappointment. You had some hilarious RP and I was looking forward to more interactions. There were several things that you said and did that crossed the line of discipline in Battle, however your role and RP were entertaining enough for me to want to see where you took it.

Great job, really disappointed that you didn't stick this character out.

The one opportunity we did have to interact was very worthwhile. Hope you get back into a character soon.
89633, hehehe.
Posted by rathgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rathgar had done so many things wrong (even punished himself for it) I wasn't about to fess up to anything until I knew exactly what incident you were talking about.

Thror: Do you know why I pulled you over Sir?

Rathgar: For doing 85 in a workzone?

Thror: No sir you had a flat tire and it looked unsafe. Oh and here's your speeding ticket.

Rathgar: May I lick you balls sir?

Thror: You may Sir and have a nice day. Call smite rathgar
89617, Well...I'm honestly sorry to see this.
Posted by Matren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are a few reasons. I guess I want to be clear and say that I really liked Rathgar up until the "incident." I realize it was your "RP" and that is fine, but you have to see where my RP is going to conflict with that. I don't want to get into all of that until I'm gone, but I will say I wasn't surprised to see you made it in.

I am surprised though to see you delete so soon. I was looking forward to beating you up in the circle a few times for the attitude you displayed toward the char. After that we would have been clear, but until then Matren just kinda saw you as a insubordinate little nuisance who he couldn't face off with in the circle. The fights in the circle would have satisfied the issue for him/me. You made me chuckle a few times ooc with some of your commets and I was beginning to like the banter between us.

Oh well...I hope you can come back with something you like wether it be foe or friend. Happy New Year.
89625, Sphere rage and
Posted by Rathgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A broken soldier of Udgaard Loke who no longer possessed rigid discipline.

He understood orders and what not but wasn't going to "take orders" from someone without an official rank. Matren, while titled doesn't have a rank that provides for authority.

So basiclly I flew off the handle with him. I tried being so over the top that it was apparent I was in character.

You weren't the only person I was like that to and I never had it against you the player, though I did try to get others riled up against you. :)

As for a delete... 97 hours and only 35th? That wasn't my choice. Ranking was near impossible. My range was was nearly always "Maran and Mages".

As for actually not liking and using ignore on people that was reserved for one applicant (for a myriad of things I won't go into), a bard who felt compelled to lecture me on being a proper rager, and and Jarelin who posses as warrior on my threads and lies.

At least there is truely peace between the Slaghammer Clan and the Kobolds of The Warren now.
89626, Just one thing.
I never have tried acting like my rank is anything official. I do try and keep things moving along though as there are no "present" leaders and I am around quite a bit. That being said, I think someone who is an applicant should at least hear an "elder" as Thror called me out. You didn't even listen to me, you just said, I ain't your errand boy and that was that. In my opinion, an appicant should bust their hump to get in, or at least hear someone out before out of hand saying no.
89632, I don't like that interview style
Posted by Rathgsr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I wasn't going to do it with Rathgar.

You do strike me as a bit pushy and needing of attention. You have written works and.you say things in such a way that it infers expectation.

I'd lost count of Rathgars PK's and had three recomendations when you came to me with what was going to be your version of the Boot quest.

I think you are going to be commander but I don't think you should be.

My opinion and I don't think you should respond over much to my thread for your own sake!
89638, Stupid curiousity
Maybe I shouldn't be curious, but I am...so here are my questions.

How do I seem to need attention?

I have written things because I was given an RP task, and I've run with it in my own way...is that not ok?

You have no idea what I was going to ask you to do, so what is the boot quest?

I'm not saying I should be commander, but I want to know why you think I shouldn't be? This post smacks of another villager who made comments about my char and was in the cabal for a few days. I'd honestly like to know why you think I'm not worth being a leader.

Who else have you played?
89639, These are my opinions and I'm not going to flame Matren
I just have my reasons and when you delete if I can remember them, I'll post.
89605, FFS n/t
Posted by Kastabahal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
89615, Whats this mean? n/t
Jhhj
89589, good farking riddance fark face n/t
Posted by warrior on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
89591, It's cool Jarelin.
You can hide from folks here, but you can't hide from the fact that you've lied about what I did to another player.

What's more what ever you say or do, doesn't change the fact that I always fought you on even odds, or two to one in your favor. I beat you once and didn't even touch your things but your temper was such that you had to not only fully loot, but sacrifice my pies.

I win.
89596, Actually, you lose. :(
Posted by Zephon-lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was hoping you would stick around a bit more.
We had some fun interations. I liked your RP it was funny.

I still think you should have stuck it out, village thieves can be fun.
^_^ I still would play a village warrior or assassin over one any day.

Yes, I realize you probably dont know who I was. :P
Hope to see you in the fields.

89602, naw.
I had never played a thief in battle. I could have been much better if I wasn't a sphere rage duergar who had next to noone to rank with.

Assassins I have played and they are silly easy to be successful with. I always see assassin and svirf applicants and thing weaksauce. They don't really earn their huts pre-induction imho.
89608, You always made me paranoid when I saw you in game (n/t)
Posted by Ghoran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
See you next field.
89634, if you only knew how many times your drowness
Posted by rathgar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Saved you!

Farkin sneakin fark face!