Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kolobok the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89561
89561, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Kolobok the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 29 17:55:39 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Kolobok perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:94
89650, Hey grobbak
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Ever consider the situation that:

A.) Omsomqua is a nexun and thus someone who gets in they way of the return ofen. Likely weaponbroke koloboks weapons often as well..

and

B.) Omsomqua was engaged in a fight as well with another Good aligned. So in essence, I feel it was a good reason for him to attack omsomqua. Salenya is of the light and he was helping in that cause against someone who Kolobok likely has been slighted and attacked by in past enagements. Omsomqua who is not of the LIGHT. And not very keen in helping the RETURN. And lets not forget, Kolobok is a savage. Not a Maran.

If you want to do something useful. Make cityguards not all ####ing good aligned.
89652, Channeling Qaledus:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your opinion will be given the consideration it deserves.
89656, How about stop making pointless posts?
Posted by CrafteD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

And write something useful. For instance, the thread tony made on gameplay. I mean, people actually care about stuff like that?
89685, RE: How about stop making pointless posts?
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ehhhhhhhhh...

You're an asshole. I wouldn't give you anything useful, either.

Furthermore, he's a volunteer administrator for a free game. What are you going to do, call the Better Business Bureau? Idiot.
89653, RE: Hey grobbak
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even if all the above is true, I find it hard making a case for a
lightwalking Outlander to wait below the Nexus inner and bash
down a cloud giant when he had to flee from being hurt fighting
two ragers.

There are some roles you take on, such as a goodie rager or outlander,
which require you to take the higher road when dealing with "neutral"
cabals and characters; I'll also add it has been debated over and over,
so lets not hijack this goodbye thread.

Also, you say Kolobok is not a Maran. You're right, he was an Outlander,
so the argument for helping a lightwalker at the expense of your cabal
goal is unacceptable. If he was a Maran, then by all means: help Salenya
however he could. But as an Outlander your main goal isn't to help the
light - it's to keep the Nightreavers in check, teach and defend and
rebuild ahead of the coming of Thar-Eris.

None of which was attained by fulfilling a personal grudge against
a cloud giant Nexun in the above scenario.

Uninduction was possibly harsh, alignment altering might have been
a better route- but as you see, he was out all of 24 hours before
he was reinducted. Hardly the end of a character's life.

I've said my peace. Kolobok was a cloud giant in storm giant skin,
who would have been a great Outlander in the Harbinger branch.

G.

89655, Well

Were you not the one who also posted that Cabdru was just a human in a fire giant skin? Its hard for me to take you seriously.

Omsomqua isnt good for the return--as a lot of people are not. In fact, he is very much against it ever being replenished or coming.

89657, Furthermore, I view good outlander now more like the guys in the movie avatar

And i'd consider to a nexus to be like the mainguy, only he doesnt fall for them. And intends to keep them in check. So they slit his throat rather then freeing him because they dont actually remain faithful to their world.

And I consider those people to be good aligned. And they help other spirits that they feel are balanced and true. Maybe Kolobok felt a bondage and friendship with the elf? You dont have to be Maran to do that. And I'd actually view it as a non-negotiable thing there for a maran. Which apparently you think is alright for them?
89666, Agree to disagree...
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you Imm and start the balancing act of running a cabal, you can
run it how you see fit.

G.
89664, RE: Hey grobbak
Posted by Salenya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Apparently this char's little ill fate had something to do with me, or that he did something crappy and justified it on me being an elf, which is kind of disappointing in a way.

I can't say I know the motives of the storm, but I do not recall once asking for some outlander giant to come and interfere. I think I recall this time and complaining that he was interfering in business he should not be. When you're caballed you have to balance cabal duties with being a goodie. So yes you're outlander, and also the light, but there's no obligation to help Salenya since she is an elf, and probably disapproves of the fact that you probably use magic. Villagers tend to dislike others intervening in the village's affairs, just how it is.

I get the sense that villagers really are more likely to kill the person that intervenes in their fight than thank them, even if they end up saving the villager's life. Yes, the light is important to an elf, but at that same time she would expect others of the light to respect her wishes in joining the village and to not do something they know she does not want them to (like use magic to save her-assist in her fights). Let her worry about her life as she probably knows what she signed up for when she chose it. Maybe you were really trying to be helpful, and this was just unfortunate timing, but I don't think so. Outlander storm has no business heading to the isle most of the time, and if you see two villagers in there, probably best to let it go, instead of being opportunistic and killing some poor guy trying to defend.

89569, Well feh
Posted by Zod-Kolobok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This guy was definatelly intersting to play, that is until I got booted outa outlander, heh. I believe I ended ####ing up my legacies/weapon specs, maybe I should've played it out but oh well...

Outlander was definatelly a fun(er?) cabal to be in, but I am not sure I'll play one again any time soon. hrmm... One thing that got me as an outlander was the immortal presence etc, granted I only saw one part of the story it would just seem that people that log off against somewhat unfavorable odds or void out seem to be rewarded when it made me feel like bleh, retrieving against 'em same odds, or at least attempting etc. Granted not all people were like that heh. Well I am rambling... peace out-o
89571, Nice name, though I would imagine...
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... it's more appropriate for a dwarf or a gnome. A fatter, rounder race, with raisins inside!
89575, I didn't get much interactions from you...
Posted by Lamanee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... But you sure got balls. Even though I was a VERY bad matchup towards you, you showed up. I don't think I would have...
89577, RE: I didn't get much interactions from you...
Posted by Zoder-o on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh for some reason I would never prep vs you go figure even thought I know I should I am like WOOT WOOT FTW bash bash, but ####, it kinda sucks dying with a couple charges of aura/shield,ethos prot stoneskin, and I didnt end up using any of 'em ehhhhh well :) you had my number mate!
89587, That fight in Hamsah was pretty insane!
Posted by Lamanee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had fought 3 of you guys in the prosimy, retreated back to Hamsah with 400hps, insects, plague and poison. Managed to cure the poison and plague and heal 1 tick before you guys killed the guildguard. Then you bashed me down and Yani became overconfident and died REAL quick to me and my guards. I ran to heal, you came after and promtly died to me. When it all was over I had 200hps.

Damn Valkyneth showing up and landing the final blow on you. The only damage he did in the entire fight. (Btw, you were hasted weren't you?)
89579, RE: Well feh
Posted by Ingnali on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really hoping for more of you! A healer with a warrior equals a lot of fun. Sorry it didn't work out well for you. I was looking forward to seeing what you'd do.
89698, GLWN
Posted by Mizze on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some fights but they where always quite onesided. Either you would beat the crap out of me quick or I would return the favor. Only one that really was intresting going back and forth. I hope you had fun.