Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Blazzic the Master of Weapons, Imperial Blade
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89514
89514, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Blazzic the Master of Weapons, Imperial Blade
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Dec 28 06:59:41 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Blazzic perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:83
89515, Thanks to all for the good fights
Posted by Grudan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just have no time to play lately, and figured it was only a matter of time before I logged in anathema. No point hoarding a couple limited daggers when I don't play, either.

I made Blazzic to see if pk was still fun for me, and I have to say it was without a doubt. I was actually very surprised how much fun I had with this guy, even in the dark times. In the end what killed my pk ambitions is the same thing that kills all my pk ambition characters. I just don't care about gear.

The upside to not caring about gear is I can die, take a partial or even a full loot and smile and say 'Okay, you wait right there, I'm gonna go get some charred leather bracers and I'll be back in a minute.'

The downside is when I'm level 40 and the best bracers I know how to get on my own are charred leather bracers. I'm sure I've stumbled across better in the past, I just didn't care so I never bother to remember where they are. Then when I play a guy who actually needs them, I'm screwed.

For a while I did alright with this guy. I think I was 7 wins and 7 losses at one point. I think if I bought a pbf today my record would me 9 wins and...oh 40 or so losses. It was just silly for a while. Log in, Fortress has the codex. Run to retrieve, get attacked by Gaelin on the road. Recover from that, get halfway to fortress, there's Haegen backstabbing me. Wait that out a bit, oh there's a nightgaunt. Kill that, I see Haegen off levelling so I try to hit the maran quietly, there's a ranger nearby with Lorn healing him. Recall back to town to heal up, Ullrick runs in doublethrusts me dead at the healer. I swear to you that was my day more often then not.

Not to mention Cyvus, Ustul, Matren, and a few other people I had fun fighting.

You were all great fights, and I have nothing bad to say about any of you but in when you were all around, well I was just in way over my head.

I make it a rule when I log in, to stay logged in for an hour, even if that means me vs 15 people and eating 3-4 deaths or just sitting in the middle of nowhere hiding for an hour. More often than not though, it meant eating 3-4 deaths. Was it fun? Maybe.

The sad thing in all this is I don't think I actually learned much with this guy. No new gear, no new zones, I had played a dagger spec to 33 before to screw around with so I knew the build. I was hoping I could see 'the end game' from a prespective different than goodie bard but I had no allies, was on everyone's hit list, and wasn't nearly a good enough warrior to offset the horrible downsides of being a dark elf. 16 con and vulnerability to mithril? Too much for me.

Ah well, thanks again for everyone who made this guy fun.
89517, FWIW
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did (as Dupmasione) try to, in as IC a way as possible, tell Glurgick how ballsy and determined you were to retrieve. Hopefully that made for a bit of Emperor lovin' at some point?
89518, RE: FWIW
I can't say. He never mentioned it. It might have kept me from being anathema'ed after dying one too many times though.

There were two elites above me and a good War Master so I didn't expect anything like a promotion really. I was okay with that though.

I appreciate the kind word. I like retrieving because it gives me some quantifiable goal to work towards. That plus the fact I didn't really care if I died meant why the hell not, just try and see if I get lucky.
89519, Glurgick is like anti-promotion
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're not helping either, Twist!

I've been very surprised at how many and how long characters remain as Oath or the lowest citizen level.

So while telling Glurgick about how deserving a character is of a promotion is nice and all...it just doesn't do much.
89520, Actually he promoted me once
He promoted me to Imperial Blade personally. I believe this is before Dup's comment to him though, but maybe not.

I didn't really see him as anti-promotion. Seemed like a good amount to me.

89531, Whether I had anything to do with it, I don't know...
...but I do recall you were a sheathed blade when I commented to Glurgick about it, because I remember thinking "Why is this sheathed blade trying so hard to retrieve when another guy who is "above" him hasn't stepped near the Fort?"
89526, Funny thing here is...
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think Zulg implemented code that will auto-promote you with the right amount of donations. I think I read that somewhere.
89532, Yep, but only up from Oath to your Sect.
The rest still relies on buttkissing and showing chutzpa.
89539, Yep...the specific part of the post said something about sitting at oath. nt
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
89540, RE: Glurgick is like anti-promotion
Posted by Dzin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh and do you expect all those 20-30 lvl chars to be Elites or what? Also, don't wanna be oath - go and donate some coins, you know first promotion automated now. Or if you can't collect coins, yeah you should prove yourself somehow else which is not easy at let's say 25-30 lvl.
89555, Arent you also Gurgthock?
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh
89558, Yep.
That's how I even noticed that Blazzic had been promoted, was I was going to do so if he hadn't been, but he already had been.

Man that's a run-on sentence.
89528, RE: Thanks to all for the good fights
Posted by Cyvus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf Con and vuln does suck. The damage vuln is bad enough without all the gear you can't use as well. We had some great fight, that was for certain. Hopefully time becomes more available to you.