Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=89305
89305, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Dec 15 01:14:43 2009

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Akiyu perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:101
89326, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This had been brewing for a while, and a stupid death last night was sort of the tipping point. Basic reasons:

1. Neutral is hard. You can't request, but simultaneously you feel sort of douchey for killing sentient non-evil mobs. I started out trying to be "hard-core" and only kill only undead, non-sentients, and mobs I had a role-based reason to attack, but it sort of fell by the wayside as soon as it got in the way of quick ranking or gear.

2. Sticking to Tribunal rules is hard. Mainly the one about not associating with hardened criminals, since you can only judge in your own jurisdiction. That meant I had to commit to groups that were assembled using "tell", then have everyone come to the spire or Seantryn so I could judge them before going off to rank. Would it be so overpowered if judge worked everywhere?

3. Seems like Valkyneth and Marcatis both play during the day, which I haven't been able to do lately. Consequently I got promoted from Seantryn to Hamsah then stayed a Seantryn magistrate for like...a week. Only nothing ever happens in Seantryn, so I was hardly ever on duty there. I kept expecting that to bite me in the ass.

4. Couldn't get ahold of Daevryn. Daevryn: out of curiosity, is your shrine guardian progged so that "saytos" directed at him including the string "Daevryn" are logged? Because that's pretty much what I did instead of praying. I'll feel dumb if he's not strung that way. Whatevr he says when a non-tatt'd person tries to walk into the shrine makes it sound like he notifies you.

5. Not enough targets and/or frustrating targets.

6. Kinda busy in RL.

Liked Valkyneth, Mizze, Lamanee.
89327, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>4. Couldn't get ahold of Daevryn. Daevryn: out of curiosity,
>is your shrine guardian progged so that "saytos" directed at
>him including the string "Daevryn" are logged? Because that's
>pretty much what I did instead of praying. I'll feel dumb if
>he's not strung that way. Whatevr he says when a non-tatt'd
>person tries to walk into the shrine makes it sound like he
>notifies you.

I was trying to catch up with you and it seemed like I kept missing you. Sorry about that.

I think you have to say what he suggests when he blocks you for it to notify me, but I'd have to take another look at it to be sure.
89328, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Ah. I think I said the exact phrase once or twice, but most of the time it was more conversational.
89334, Ahmed the Dead Terrorist
Posted by Quix_lz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry. I never interacted with your character so I can't comment about your rp, but your name cracked me up when I saw you pre-pk. Was "I kill you" at all intended?
89337, RE: Ahmed the Dead Terrorist
No. I seem to have a knack for making unintentionally bad names. It was supposed to be vaguely Japanese-sounding, but not an actual Japanese word or name.
89349, Jeff Dunham - Look him up on Youtube. Look for Dead Terrorist. nt
Posted by minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
89347, Thought the same
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but did not want to say anything in case I was accused of 'whining'.
89341, I enjoyed the fights....
Posted by Jecenta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tough fight that was... and went down to the end.. figured I had to bait you as you did me and some skills went into play that I assume you just didn't expect.
GLWYN
89342, RE: I enjoyed the fights....
I didn't expect cavernfall to be that vicious. I'm not sure how much of my comments on that fight were relayed to you by our mutual acquaintance, but I still think it was winnable for me if I hadn't switched to lag mode so early. Also, I suspect you would have followed me into non-cave wilderness if I'd fled (or vanished) immediately after you attacked. So I probably should have done that.
89343, RE: I enjoyed the fights....
Posted by Jecenta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeh, well and I didn't bother to prep either... which from now on.. I'll give a look into before trying that one. :)
89366, Liked this one
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed pretty competant (which now doesn't surprise me).

The rule about hardened criminals doesn't bother me too much. I find I usually recognise them by the time they are a hardened criminal.
89382, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Akiyu the Shinan, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Asthania on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we were together alot. You were awesome and knew so many things. I had so much fun ranking with you. Then after sometime we had no one in our range to group with.

Thank you so much...GLWYN
89315, This is really disapointing.
Posted by Lamanee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were doing great. I had high hopes for you in the spire.
89314, Thought you where doing good
Posted by Mizze on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and was hoping to see more of you. Bad death?

glwn