Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Myzthock the Wizard of Transmutation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88879
88879, (DELETED) [None] Myzthock the Wizard of Transmutation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Dec 2 20:56:20 2009

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Myzthock perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:32
89024, Just a quick FYI
Posted by Tinsalaop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hope this was not because you were not instantly interviewed and possibly inducted into Scion. Scion has a tight membership list and cap and I hold to it. I also respect those who put in some time and pledge at a young age instead of at level 37. Now I know you were at level 37 for a while after pledging, but Scion is not about just pledging and then talking to the leader 5 minutes later asking for interview, getting an interview, and getting in. There is some time in there. So I hope that was not the reason for the deletion. Also, I try to make every effort to find the applicant's playing time and come to them and talk to him if there is a good amount of time where I don't see them.

So for applicants out there, if you note me, I will try to find a time to be around once or twice during you time and give you a chance.

Beyond that, you were moving up the short list of those who would be given a chance. You were just not there yet. I was hoping to talk to you one more time and then make the call.

GLWN
89028, So
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Now I know you were at level 37 for a while
>after pledging, but Scion is not about just pledging and then
>talking to the leader 5 minutes later asking for interview,
>getting an interview, and getting in.

So, if not that... what about Scion is?
Other than getting inducted for powers, Scion doesn't have any other purpose.
89036, I sense you do not want an answer you want to argue so I'm going to say GLWN n/t
Posted by Tinsalaop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
89037, RE: So
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gain power so you're not hosed when the Cc'culgra invade.

If you think you're in good with the invaders, try to hasten the invasion so you can assume your position of power.

There you go.
89042, You kind'a miss the point
Posted by Hyshrawr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>Now I know you were at level 37 for a while
>>after pledging, but Scion is not about just pledging and
>then
>>talking to the leader 5 minutes later asking for interview,
>>getting an interview, and getting in.
>
>So, if not that... what about Scion is?
>Other than getting inducted for powers, Scion doesn't have any
>other purpose.
>
As Isildur said, as well as a big duh. If you're going overall What's the point?! then you're kind of silly in the extreme. What's the point of getting caught up in the ebb and flow of cabal wars under emperors and so forth? What's the point of warring with mages who will continuously spring up like weeds and so forth? It's the game?

I'd hazard a guess and say the primary reason you don't see the point in some of the cabals is because you're more about the number crunching perfect combination so you can avidly pursue the PK aspect of the game while largely neglecting the RP aspect, at least in relative comparison to your PK focus. So... you just won't get it, until you try it. Possibly, even not then but it's worth a try.
89056, RE: Just a quick FYI
Posted by Kalisda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Scion is not about just pledging and then talking to the leader 5 minutes later asking for interview, getting an interview, and getting in. There is some time in there. So I hope that was not the reason for the deletion."

It's really about whatever you as the leader want it to be, along with a little guidance from the Imm. I imagine if someone had the most stellar rp of all time, he's getting in much quicker than one who says I like evil so let me in. That said, there is no time definition that you are required to spend as a pledge, but I imagine it's good to make sure that one session of good rp is something consistent, before bringing them in.
89059, No complaints
Posted by Kadsies on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interaction and I really didnt delete because lack of cabal loving. After I leveled up to 37 this character just started to feel like a ####ty copy of Llorenz and I really didnt want to play him. That and ive got a brutal series of finals this semester so I just decided to let the char go.