Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Growwlis the Legend of the Battlefield, Apprentice of the Anvil
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88316
88316, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Growwlis the Legend of the Battlefield, Apprentice of the Anvil
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 21 15:09:24 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Growwlis perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:151
88350, See ya
Posted by Growwlis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey all. It was a lot of fun and I had always wanted to try my hand at a berserker with the same legacy and combo as I had with Gryssil. It worked well for the most part, but some people could just absolutely rule me. Anyway, was loads of fun.

A few specific goodbyes:

Thror - Thanks man. It was cool that you watched and gave me your tattoo. It was very neat, though I'm not sure where peoples comments about it came from. Maybe I'm just crazy, that c ould easily be the case. Anyway, the only bad thing was when you slapped me as an Immortal for handing an item to a applicant to give to Tahren. I understand your reasoning, but I disagree. I'll just leave it there. I almost broke role to say something over pray, but I took a deep breath and just decided I was for the most part done with Growwlis.

Malakhi - Great Char, not sure you are a great leader as you aren't around much that I ever saw. I don't mean that in a bad way. I just remember seeing you a ton as Lornis and then you get commander and "poof." Commander Syndrome.

Fulgrum - Well deserved but in my opinion the same problem as Malakhi. You just aren't around much. I know the cabal seems "strong" in the cabalwar numbers, but I'm not sure its even close to accurate. I knew though that when you came around we could have a bit of fun. Thanks for that.

Cyre - Tough road bud, but I hope you learn a lot.

Azem - Probably Growwlis best friend and confidant for his entire life. Thanks for being cool and exploring with me. I hope we can do so again in the future. You are a great rper from what I see.

Macaca - I hope your combo and legacies work out for you. I did notice a drastic improvement when you got them. I liked you a lot.

Ohter villagers - I don't mean to forget you, write and I'll gladly respond about your character.

Enemies:

Derogker - I'll start with you because our back and forths could have been something great. You lost it over a sword and started the ball rolling on your eventual full looting. I killed you a number of times after and never did it again. The funny part of the whole thing was the nice things you said about Lornis, and the negative things you said about Growwlis. Its ok, I can be a bastard sometimes, and maybe I did step a bit too far with you in the village that tiem when you lost it all.

Maldaris, Valkyneth - I lump you buggers together because you guys sure caught me a few times with my pants down. I never tried to back away from fighting you though, even when it wasn't going to go well for me.

Lirad - I don't see how your existence can be fun.

Tinsalaop - You are strong, but most of the time I could handle you if I was ready for it. I think you did get me once on eastern road when I couldn't seem to move for jack. Good character.

Ahtieli - Why are you so surprised when everyone comes after you? You are a target that berserker's don't have to hold back on. You understand that right? You don't take chances, don't say you do. I don't fault you for the way you play, but the disillusionment is where you lose all of us. Nobody, except maybe your friends think you take chances. Which again I'll say...that is ok, but it is that you think you do that makes us all shake our heads. Oh..and saying you don't do things like c "forget" flee, c "forget" flee, c "forget" flee on a shifter, yeah, that kind of crap is what we all see.

Glurgick - Ug...thats all I can say...ug. Actually, congrats as well.

Rhyaldrin - Same as Glurgick, ug.

Biklaha - Same, ug...bash...crashing...ug.

Ilvo - All I can say here is "bah!" you were so damn close in the village to meeting your end.

Barandilora - Your threats were amusing and the fact that you didn't think it came across that way was even more so. I liked you up until you went all derogker over a stupid staff of striking.

Ok - well...I think that is about it. See you around the fields.

88353, Spotted you a mile off, felar fetish boy! ~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
88364, Haha, whatever! nt
nt
88354, Thanks for the best fight I had with Biklaha by far.
Posted by Biklaha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Others were way more one sided, heh.
88363, yes...you getting away because I missed a slice was annoying.
bAH!!!
88355, RE: See ya
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thror - Thanks man. It was cool that you watched and gave me your tattoo. It was very neat, though I'm not sure where peoples comments about it came from. Maybe I'm just crazy, that c ould easily be the case. Anyway, the only bad thing was when you slapped me as an Immortal for handing an item to a applicant to give to Tahren. I understand your reasoning, but I disagree. I'll just leave it there. I almost broke role to say something over pray, but I took a deep breath and just decided I was for the most part done with Growwlis.

- This was an exceptionally gutsy character. It's actually one of the primary reasons you got the tattoo. It seemed like you were making a very strong effort to see how certain circumstances (not usually in your favor) would shape you. It impressed me and I felt you deserved a shot at growing in my religion.

I'd be more than happy to get into why you got slapped for having an applicant run something off but I'll challenge you to think about both my religion and the Battle cabal and determine whether it's truly in the spirit of either to have an applicant be your runner.

If that one incident is the only stain on both you and I throughout this character's lifetime, I would consider your character a remarkable success! Good luck with your next.
88362, Yes...this character was definitely a test of things.
I haven't played a succesful berserker in a long time. I'm not sure I would call this a success. I died a lot with Growwlis and burned through con pretty well. I definitely wanted to see how I would stack up. I often was disappointed with stun. When I played Guenrayn stun didn't fail nearly as often as it does nwo. maybe I'm just crazy though. I remember vividly going to the nexus rift on the river and stunning out two defenders to finish retreiving the head. I missed way way way more stuns this time around and I worked hard to perfect it. A lot of folks think that Polearm isn't a good specialty for a felar, but I think I hve proved that wrong now twice. You just have to know which polearms to get. Legacy choice also goes a long way with this. In hindsight I think that I should have gone with fist of the titan/incarnadine as a berserker really doesn't need the +10 damage. I think soul of the mountain also could have been great.

I probably should have stuck with the char more and achieved a goal of another legacy perhaps, but I was disappointed in my role achievements and I died way more than I should have. Having wimpy at 0 definitely was a factor. I think though that Berserker's should be this way, and was slapped long ago when I had my wimpy higher
88356, Yeah.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Basically, my hours are regularly 12am-2am EST +/- (I'm assuming most people missing me play EST). Over the last month or so I've been able to log in for a couple hours earlier in the day here and there - as early as 11pm EST, and couple hours somewhere between 1pm-4pm EST, but it is literally impossible for me to change it much more than that. And then there's my "ADD problem" as Derogkar called it. It sucks for me, too, to see someone like Growwlis or Faeghn delete and know that I never saw them for more than a few hours in their entire lifetime. It also makes it hard for me to earn my 5th and 6th legacies. :) It's odd, though, that I fought so much with Dierj but haven't seen you later characters as often. Anyway ..

I thought Growwlis was pretty impressive from the times we connected. Good luck with the next!
88361, My times.
I tend to be able to play from 8pm to 11pm EST and sometimes during the day. Dierj was pre baby boy being born. That changed a lot of things for me. Keep trucking. Nothing bad, just didn't see you much.
88357, Great Presence in The Village
Posted by Mac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go.

You seemed to hit astonishingly hard, I think you
told me that you took Chilling, but what was your
other legacy?

I had a great time running around with you.
You will be missed.
88359, The Build...
I was polearm and hands (claws).

I took Chilling Embrace and Incarnadine Wave.

Incarnadine I've found is a very underrated legacy and really has some great stuff to it. With a felar polearm it is pretty sweet because of the affects you get from the polearm strikes. Felar get a bonus (I think) to hand to hand legacies, and so couple that with the +10 damage and you got a pretty good setup going. I could have opted to go for more damage, but I found I was good enough in that department, so instead I gear for strength.

Good Luck, keep those mages dead!
88365, Heh you took me wrong
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't mind at all that rager who beats my ass solo comes after me with group. That's okey for sure. But Ahtieli as char does not like when she see two cabals working together and she sure will try to destroy those who do it and won't respect them.. unlike she was respecting Woldrun. The rest of conversation was me trying to joke on you :P
88374, RE: Heh you took me wrong~
Posted by huh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
88380, RE: See ya
Posted by Cyre on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, damn...i understand what you mean by cabalwar numbers being off, cause hardly anyone is ever around :( And now you gone :( :(
88387, RE: See ya
Posted by Ustul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for your help ranking. Sad that I only got to hunt with you a few times, and the results were less than pleasant. Good luck with your next!

Ustul
88404, You are very skilled.
You were amazing to fight alongside and also just watch fight. I can't believe how well you do as a thief. I remember that fight where we fought Sahel and Rhyaldrin and you were taking shots. You did better than me, a polearm spec for goodness sake. Even when you got jumped by a second person you were still whoopin butt, and end up taking out the guy who jumped in our even fight, while I got destroyed.

Keep it up man, go down as a legend!
88388, RE: See ya
Posted by Derogker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted the same interaction relationship with you I had with Azem, having been already upset with the scion drama at hand I was pushed a little to far by the sword incident and I'm sorry it did not lead into something it could have been. I've moved on from that now though and I feel I could have approached a lot of things differently for a positive benefit on my part. Oh well it was a definite learning experience and I am not going to let it hold future characters back.

One important aspect of Thror's religion is the difference between the persona of a "hammer" and an "anvil". I am not sure which you where I don't remember but I can see that situation you mentioned going the way it did you if you where a hammer. Id like to know Thror's thoughts on it as well. I shared a great amount of interaction with him as well, top notch.

Your legacy choices where a nasty combo with berserker powers and when you where geared correctly I found it a beast of a chore to deal with you. Well played sir.

GLWYN
88393, Thanks man...I'm glad you responded
I'm also glad that you have had time to rethink all of the situation and the approach. I know I have not done everything perfect in any of my chars, and I've definitely had my share of meltdowns in the past. I also know how frustrating it can be to be in a situation like the one you had with Scion. The funny part was that with the char before Lornis I had some negative moments with Mergulla and I said some things against her. I decided to roll up Lornis and try again with a different take on it and man did that change my perspective on mergulla. I really respect all that she does for the game, though I honestly agree taht she has way too much to deal with. I see her as someonel ike my father in law who doesn't know when to say no sometimes and it ends up making her very frustrated in the end. In my father in laws case getting ill to the point of having to take time off from work. You hate to see good people go through that. Anyway..odd way to go off track. All that to say I hope you have something now that is fun for you and gives you the chance to grow. Lornis was that for me again...because I had a good start, then started to go downhill, then got a slap in the head from Mergulla and took it up a notch.

Good luck!
88392, RE: See ya
Posted by Barandilora on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Barandilora - Your threats were amusing and the fact that you
>didn't think it came across that way was even more so. I
>liked you up until you went all derogker over a stupid staff
>of striking.

I don't really want to get into it, but here's the deal.

When you died near me before, you whined to me a little about your stuff, which was annoying since I never once touched anything of yours. But I figured whatever, let's be nice, so went out of my way to get stuff back to you that I hadn't even taken to begin with. That's why I felt it was a slap in the face that you took the staff. Since the staff was worth more than everything else I had at the time combined, it seemed reasonable that from then on we'd full loot each other. Which is fine with me, since gear just isn't a big deal. The tells were just to explain so that you didn't go around complaining to other villagers about how I'd taken all your stuff.

If I hadn't gone out of my way to be nice before, or if I had more valuable gear that you didn't take, then it wouldn't matter at all and there would've been no reason to full loot you in return.

As for your goodbye, meh. I'm sure you were fine, but seemed a bit whiny about stuff (like gear and also that I called Gzurweeg for help that one time). Good luck with your next.
88400, If I was you
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd not have explained that.

The explanation doesn't cover you in glory.
88394, Good enemy
Posted by Sahel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think we had some good fights and enjoyed the back and forth. You were really tough and fought smart - esp. when I try to retrieve. You seemed exponentially tougher with a defender around. In general, you made my life hard and I hated fighting you - which was awesome.

Btw, I believe the village spy network is the best in the game. The number of times you found me/us resting/sleeping/chilling was ridiculous (of course, the spots I chose were pretty lame). The time in Galadon with Rhyaldrin was downright funny.

GLWYN (Go Team Nexus eh?)
88403, Thanks
Yeah, you have some nice forms I think for what you do. I was pretty amazed how well the Walrus kicked me all over the place. Good job! Yes, your spots for rest weren't all that complex, so finding you was easy. I did have help from a spy one time though.

Good luck! I hate nexus btw.
88421, Good job. Great build, always wanted to do it
Posted by Tinsalaop on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think it is less of I'm strong or not, it is more if I have a good devil or not. With a non-black abby devil, fighting me as a melee class is a bad idea. That is actually what happened on eastern road when within three rounds you were pretty much screwed. Now, a black abby it becomes more of a throw down and toss up.

Great work and good luck with next!