Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectIt's Ironic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88041&mesg_id=88249
88249, It's Ironic
Posted by Hyshrawr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're right, he could have stunned, eyejabbed, choked, etc. but as he mentioned elsewhere and should be obvious, as soon as he thirsted all of those options were gone.

The facts in your own log uphold his explanation of things rather than yours. It's simple if you pay attention to the details.

When he fled from you, you were using your scimitar and dagger. He was taking decent damage, but not all that much, (still taking more than he was dishing out) then he thirsted. Then you shifted to your ladle of destruction and started unloading the can of whoop ass on him. He was just seeing scratches, but he's not hitting you much at all, so he decides he's most likely losing, time to run.

Granted he gets jumped by a dire wolf, since he can't see camo and so forth. Rather than flee, he decides to fight it, at least, one assumes, until you make an appearance. Whether to keep you from summoning or sleeping him, who knows. In truth it's moot because he wasn't aware of just how hurt he was. Hasted against the dire wolf he probably was doing pretty good. He was either command lagged or thought he was healthy enough to linger when you first entered and he was fighting the wolf. The wolf waxed him.

For what you assumed to have been true, he'd really have had to know he was next to dead, or if he really was trying to die that way and avoid any nasty repurcussions, he would have ping ponged to gather as many dire wolves as he could in an attempt both to suicide and safeguard his corpse from you. With 8 dire wolves in a room you'd have left his #### alone more than likely to avoid risking your own ass.

Rather than think the obvious thought, which is. (Sucks to be him.) You decided to think. (That sonofabitch robbed me of my deserved charges for whipping his ass! I'll show that cheating expletive!) So you full loot and sac his gear. This makes you a loser of epic proportions. Not because you were wrong and acted like an angry kid who can't play well with others. But because you destroyed all of his gear to assuage your wounded ego and didn't even have the sack to just tell him, I was angered by losing your soul so I destroyed your things.

Also, don't toot your own horn because you have only full looted X amount of times. In this case you didn't full loot, you full looted to sac all his things. In general, unless this is a repayment for them doing the same to you, this in and of itself makes you a loser. Citing that people want to and will destroy your unholy weapon, so that makes it all fair is a weak argument at best. And a dumb one.

The sad fact, (For all of those who fight you) is that because you are the type who has devolved the game down to an lesson in mechanics and how best to make use of them (some would say abuse)(and also why you love empire and it's hands off approach over interaction and the greater call for roleplay in other cabals, etc.), and don't bother investing more into the game than trying to tweak and work the system all in an attempt to stoke the fires of your ego by PK'ing, sans any real RP, you assume others are just like you for the most part. So when in doubt, they become motivated and make decisions based on your own limited paradigm. The fact that people who to your eyes do this piss you off so badly, is more a reflection of your opinion of your own playstyle and focus.

If you think someone throwing themselves to the wolves, (even when they didn't do that) to avoid giving you charges is cheap and an abuse of game mechanics, and respond accordingly that is purely a reflection on you, not them.

So the douche designation sticks to you aptly enough.

If you want kudos, and feel you deserve kudos, then earn them by addressing those aspects of your gameplay where you don't necessarily shine. Challenge yourself with more than just game mechanics.

From my brief interactions with your character your RP was non-existent. You were kind of selfish and a prick, but sadly and in light of everything I've ever read that you've posted, I think that's just the player shining through in the character.

GLWYN Hope to see more than the usual fair from you. On the ego front, if you crave strokes your kung-fu is weak.