Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectBelieve or not
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=88041&mesg_id=88133
88133, Believe or not
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But people ARE omniscient.
For example, when imperials were in Inferno, our cabal was raided by people who would never otherwise approach the imperial lands.

I mean, come on, how often you would see Liethkim retireve/raiding solo when there 5+ imperials online?

Or I sleep a random shifter and people come to rescue him even though he couldn't call anyone (being in a form) and tell them the location.

I could say that they share info by means they aren't suppose to share. But let's pretend I didn't say that.

I'm nowhere saying that you should throw yourself on someone who has every other advantage over you.
But the point of TRYING is actually trying. Your enemies can't be prepared all the time. If you keep trying eventually you will catch them with pants down.
Even if you don't want to be trying, that doesn't mean you should quit.
For example, if I'm a dagger spec rager who doesn't want to fight an AP, I can still retrieve by silent runs. Or jump on him here and there and retreat if he is prepared.
Sure, sometimes it may go wrong and I may die. But chances are that in most cases I will made it out alive and with my item. Being a rager has a significant advantage. You can actually risk with your life because death is not that costly.
Think about it in terms of "pot odds" in the poker. An AP with a big unholy has a lot to lose, so when he enters a fight with 5% of death he is actually "risks" much more than a rager who enters a fight with 60% probability of death.

Literally all villages avoided me most of the time (which I understand), but there were those who just quit and there were other who kept doing their things while avoiding me.