Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Qrikot Haup'Baog the Disciple of Ancient Ways, MageSlayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87708
87708, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Qrikot Haup'Baog the Disciple of Ancient Ways, MageSlayer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Nov 7 06:26:45 2009

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Qrikot perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:147
88022, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Qrikot Haup'Baog the Disciple of Ancient Ways, MageSlayer
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, damn. I thought you were going to take on the mantle for the foreseeable future. What happened? Did you reach the character's goals and had nothing else to accomplish once you hit MageSlayer and were the "best of the best"?
88027, Nail on the head.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had another goal to get a tat that wasn't going to pan out.

Secondly my legacies ended up really sucking for what I had planned out. After reading that Mercy of the Typhoon got a boost I thought it would be pretty good, but the big boost ended up just being an enrage effect like the setting stuff on fire for Outlandere. I never saw an extra parting blow and I never got more than one extra hit on anything when people fled or died. I still pwned folks at hero with thirst and daggers, but meh, I was looking forward to some deathblow parting blows and pincering folks that are bleeding to death.

I took greeting because I thought I remembered the reverse bashes and lessoned lag reduction from normal bashes being better. I think maybe it got downgraded but it could be me.

Also in both of these instances it is possible that my arialness took a toll on my legacy choices, and since the helpfile for both legacies mentions giants, I imagine thats what it was.

Either way, I was looking forward to Mercy and it just seemed like I'd get better mileage out of a thug thief, so I rolled one of those up instead since I didn't have anywhere else to go and didn't want to be leader. I tend to have the firecracker syndrome with characters that don't have awesome roles to go off. I really couldn't see myself con dying another villager so soon after Faeghn either.
88028, RE: Nail on the head.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>I think maybe it got downgraded but it could be me.

It wasn't downgraded, for what it's worth, but... the counterbash deal is pretty random and generally not that reliable. I've seen people pick Greeting mostly for it, but mostly it seems to pan out for them as you're saying it did (or didn't) for you. I'm tempted to say Harmonius or even Flow might have helped you more with the same kinds of situations.
88029, RE: Nail on the head.
I took harmonious and greeting previously with two different warrior types and got a lot more mileage from greeting than harmonious. Harmonious was with dwarf and greeting was with felar. Flow I think I wouldn't ever do as a non elf.
88031, Harmonious
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
fwiw, I have been disappointed with harmonious every time I've taken it, which is more than twice. Rarely reduced bash lag, or most other lags. Had it with different size warriors, and was never happy with it. Just my 2 cents on that legacy.
88032, RE: Harmonious
Harmonious reduces incoming lag 100% of the time.
88033, Yeah, but you can still get permalagged.
One thing I noticed was that a bash from mobs usually gave me no lag, whereas a bash from players usually gave me what seemed like full lag. I have totally been permalagged just from bash with this legacy.
88072, When I had it on Tinfalan...
Posted by DevotedDefender on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I once escaped 2 orcs, a warrior, and an assassin. got hit by 3 lag techniques and fled the following round from my own command. I always found Harmonious to work amazingly well. Could have been an int issue since I was elf, but whatever the reason it was damned awesome for me.
88074, You have to consider this...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I'm just guessing but say in theory that harmonious gives you 1 less beat of lag. And if we then take trip as an example: It would still in 80% of the instances give you 2 rounds of lag but always first command, AND it would give you second command to because of the legacy...

Bash on the other hand can lag 1 round, 2 round trip lag, 3 round and 4 rounds. 25% chance on each. So against bash it wouldn't do much really. Just give you 2 commands first after a "trip" bash.

Or perhaps harmonious always gives 1 less combat round of lagg. Then it would still be POSSIBLE to perma lagg you with bash. It's just a whole lot less likely as you ALWAYS needs to hit that 25% of 4 round lag as a "3 round" lag would be cut down to trip lag and give you first command.

These are all just GUESSES. But that's my thoughts on it. :D
88075, RE: You have to consider this...
HE is significantly better than you theorize; however, the basis of what you're saying (i.e., situations in which it helps, but it might not help you enough) is more or less correct.
88076, Bug?
Is it possible there is a bug on this legacy that only lets it work for fights against NPC's?
88078, Nope!
We tested it a little better than that. ;)
88080, RE: Nope!
If only assassinate changes were so lucky.
88082, ROFL. Subtle ;) NT
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
NT
88034, RE: Harmonious
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I don't see the code, I have no idea how it works. I'm just saying that actually having had it three or four times, I can tell you that from the player perspective, the character actually being lagged, it did virtually nothing noticeable. I was lagged 2-4 rounds, and usually didn't get a command in before they did (they missed sometimes, or did something other than bash sometimes). I know there are things people call pulses or bits or whatever that are broken up rounds, but whatever it is, all I know is what actually happened and I rarely got a benefit from it in respect to bash.
88021, I know this is going to sound like a troll but ...
Posted by Adrigon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... was the godmode that is arial warrior battlerager att 25 - 40 ended when you had to start fighting people who actually prepped in hero range that got you to delete?

Cause honestly it seem kind of lame.
87858, Finally got tired of dying to me, did ya? n/t
Posted by Stevers on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bout time
87890, Please stop posting and being an idiot. You are only trolling.
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here and on Dios. Your character was nothing special aside from a stupid poop thrower. Gee...I guess that is why your personality on the forum is like that?
87892, I thought he was just being facetious... n/t
Posted by Shyrauk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
87898, Stevers was interesting to talk too.
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Common, someone write a role based on dookie and you aren't at all interested?
88005, Not when he is just trolling and making stupid accusations. nt
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87774, Cricket Hop Bug!!!!
Posted by Amused on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chirp Chirp
87737, Can't say I didn't feel this coming
Posted by Fulgrum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed to hit a wall once you got to hero range, which I completely understand given how much of an utter terror you were in mid ranks.

Hope you appreciated the forging, etc. Fulgrum didn't really like you, as he thought you were arrogent, rude, and pushy, but as a player I was almost certain that was your RP.

Come on back and make another char now ya hear. Your pk skills are clearly awesome.
87717, ...
Posted by Derogker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You had a super easy re-gear and where deadly at times especially in the mid ranks, had fun fighting you. Can't say I will miss you running around with Azemaerlor tearing #### up.

GLWYN