Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Khalla K'ourt the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87645
87645, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Khalla K'ourt the Dai Sensei of the Miyama Ryu
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 5 02:26:28 2009

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Khalla perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:500
87647, Long time.
Posted by Khalla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This came up as a rage delete, but it really wasn't.

I wanted to get Gzur to kill me so I could see how many charges I was worth,
but he wouldn't take the bait-- man, dude, I was ready to lay down prone and take it from you too ;). So I threw myself at Ahtieli instead. Heh.

So I rolled Khalla during the first (I think?) double-xp weekend way back when, which sort of trips me out. The last character really burned my
proverbial candle at both ends and I rolled Khalla just for kicks. I never meant to get into the whole CF thing again. Yet a year and half or two
later, and here we are. I don'think I can get rid of the CF itch. Damns.

A little bit about the character. Sphere Vanity, Khalla was extremely mentally disturbed, drank too much, was dreadfully afraid of
bugs crawling out of her dead skull, and tended to check "weather" a lot to see which way the wind blew. Soft southern winds-- let's have a drink,
Cold eastern winds, lets start attacking something, No wind, oh geez, let's just do something random that doesn't make sense. Come to think
of it, sounds like a girl I was dating at the time I rolled Khalla-- probably intentional heh.

A little bit about the build. 600-something natural hp's I think? Wow. Humbling. Regardless of that, this character was able to
get away by the skin of her teeth from missed assassinates and bashdowns more times than I could count which surprised the hell out of me
constantly.

Edges:

Evasive: I think it worked well enough.

Smoke and mirrors is just awesome. It would be the first edge I will take with my next assassin.

Kuma Buki (the +hp while in martial trance edge). Oh my God. I don't want to spill the beans on this one but suffice it to say it exceeded
my expectations by FAR. But what a great alternative presented by the imms to the assassinating assassin. I rarely even wanted to assassinate
once I got this edge. Nice. Assassins CAN kill warriors now at hero :).

Master of Keri Waza (bonus to kicking) was pretty cool. Coupled with spike-toed boots, it was fun playing pincer-spec drow throwing out
oblits on double spin kick.

Other Characters:

Too many to note...especially with my late-night-CF-cranium clogged with malted hops and bong-resin. Mmh.

Edika: Really cool-- you were probably the first to crack Khalla's thick outer shell. She was supposed to be a loner. But thanks for being friendly. :)

Beib: I don't think I need to say anything more than-- good times. We seemed to share the same hours and it made me (the player) enjoy
some late night down times when you would log on. the funny thing is that I was probably drunker than Khalla for most of my interactions
so feel free to remind me of some of our shenanigans ;). My favorite was the duergar mead. You: "To Khalla". Me: "To Me.". That was
pretty much Khalla in a nutshell, and I thank you for playing along so graciously.

Arrna: Kicked my ass everywhere and anywhere. I wish I could have gotten an assassinate on you though heh.

Susubienko: Man your hate for Khalla was sooo palpable-- it's good sometimes in CF to feel Eeeevil so thanks though :). I was having a pretty
good run at assassinating battle folks when you were around so I understand. You play awesome characters though and I hope to play alongside one
of yours soon.

Tarleton: I think I got my last name because I kept chasing you around everywhere one night. I have NO idea how I pretty much avoided 99% of any of your
songs you ever tried to land. Your notes cracked me up and you were hard to hate.

Kjrorh: Heh, you made it look easy. Whatever anyone says, I dig the way you stick out your characters. I think it's good for CF
to have perrenial baddasses like you running around.

Rhyaldrin (sp?): "What a headache!". You said it man. If you have that last one logged, post it. Cranial-lag-with-a-pal... collect the whole set!.

Ton of others and I realize I can't list them all...!!!

Imms: I almost forgot, can anyone shed some light on why my assassinate skill never went up? It is my only real burning question I have with
this one. But great game, of course.

And thanks to everyone else I interacted with for being so cool.

And now onto the next, we'll holler at you in these death threads in another year or so if we're lucky... cheers.

87656, Dang.
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You got me (Firhindil) in front of Woldrun. Consider me impressed.
87657, As I wrote earlier...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... Awesome. :D Khalla was awesome. Had a lot of fun! I know quite a few tricks to avoid being assassinated. And twitchy is just AWESOME. ;)
87659, Remind me of the oldschool Entropy
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn those days were fun.

Kudos.
87665, Damn, I thought you'd outlast me
Posted by Beib on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good times does really sum it up. Really enjoyed running around with you causing random sorts of mischief. Beib enjoyed running around with Khalla more than any other character really. I think Beib and Khalla were pretty much on the same page everytime they saw each other. Reading your post I think this is partly because of the similar habits of the two players (late nights with plenty of alcohol).

So many fun times. I can't even remember the number of folks I tried to lure into Galadon (or out of their guild) so that you could have a shot at them. The duergar mead was a good one, especially coming when it did and had me cracking up. Our trip to the coral palace where I got us lost and nearly killed before stumbling on exactly what I was looking for was a good time as well.