Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Quird of Men-ji the Watermarked Gardener, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87373
87373, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Quird of Men-ji the Watermarked Gardener, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Oct 29 10:08:38 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 10th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Quird perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:462
87444, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Quird of Men-ji the Watermarked Gardener, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Posted by Tangni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good job Quird, it was always fun to be around when you were on. You were fun both to talk/argue with (mainly about Tangni's thoughts on reavers) and fight with. As to the WTF part of your post, it's a long story but will be readable in my role when I delete or if you ask me with a char for some reason IC you will most likely get to hear the story. Good luck with whatever is next.
87435, I've mixed feelings
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good things:
You were a very strong foe. Who did not afraid to take risks(even though you did not have much to lose) and who (unlike many other outlanders) actualy hunted down every outlander enemy no matter how strong they were.

I think you are the only enemy so far with who I should have been EXTRA careful in one on one fights because few times you were so close to #### me up. Raiding against you was not easy at all.

You were so lucky person. You escaped so many times in situations were you should have been dead that I'm even a bit disappointed of how I finaly killed you.

Bad thing:
Our conversation after your death was childish. Especialy that part that I will never see rewards which you got because you so awesome ballsy (becoming Lich already the best reward you can get in cf). That just ####ing childish. Whole talk was balancing on a line between rp and ooc. And it's not a first time when I see something like this out of your chars.
87440, I have to agree with this
Posted by Sleepy2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Basically I have the same feeling overall.

Good things:
You were a strong PKer. In the end as school started for me our times no longer overlapped so I never got to use several tactics that I had planned for you.

Bad things:
First of all, I'm going to say this was several months ago, and hence, my memory is somewhat hazy and not very clear. But, from what I recollect, our conversations were also childish in a way. I remember you saying I wasn't "ballsy" and that I never raided the Tree, and that was what made me a sort of "bad" player.

Okay, I won't really go into that, but your accusations were pretty unfounded, considering for one I went to the tree maybe a couple logins before, sacrificed myself to you at the Tree even when I saw 2-3 young outlander/applicants who probably would take my things (and some did, though less than I expected) so I could get the scales back.

Besides that, my only other complaint is your tactics in the Spire when you died. I dont really remember how or what you did, but I just remembered when you would die it was always this call the rest of the outlanders in or you would go in yourself to get your weapons from the pit. I guess it's not really bad RP, but when it got to the point where other tribs were saying w/o me ever mentioning it for people to take your weapons from the pit should you die so you couldnt pull that off, well.

Other than that, awesome char.
87455, Breaking news! A big baby calls another big baby a big baby
Posted by Slobodan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

More details at 11
87456, What I think it boils down to
Posted by Quird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Is some people just play for very different reasons. If there is no risk, then I feel no reward. Often why I tried to fight orcs in their village as oppposed to just hitting them when they're deep in some hard area. Or raid people when there was actually some resistance, instead of waiting until there was none. I was very entertained by the raids you appeared in, but I guess was disappointed by the fact you'd always make sure there was an 'out' option. I'd probably make an aweful lich for that reason but nothing gets the blood pumping like knowing you've got no choice but to win or die :)
87418, NOOO!!!
Posted by Darnik on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quird rocked, was Darnik's best friend in character, we did some good exploring, was fun being able to travel with someone else who is competent, thank you for all the aid, and as a serial outlander player you actually showed me a few tricks I didnt know in the wilds...

hope to see you back in the tree soon... good luck with everything..

Darnik
87379, Thank Lord the arse is gone.
Posted by Jingurzal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quird says I will make sure you will never get into outlander.

Well, I aided the outlanders alot and interacted with alot of them.
I talked to quird before and I waited a rl week for his next login.
I fire a tell at him right away and he says he can talk to me soon.
Two more weeks of bs logins and very few hours played I get angry.
I ask him wtf he expects out of me, I really wish to be an outlander.

Well what a ####ing prick.

#### you yhorian, thanks for playing a leader spot with a very sporadically played char.

87382, I mean fck sakes man
Posted by KrilcovK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I asked you to help me out, so I could be a better child of thar eris.
You where too busy logging in, pking and logging out.
I just wanted to learn the outlander rp and you rped the I dont talk alot prick, Geezus.
87385, Protip: Best way not to get inducted, is telling me you already are.
I have no idea how cracked out your character was intended to be, or how much of it was just 'you' but the best way to get a quiet, meditative giant to respond is not by spamming tells, mixed in with telling him you're already an Outlander and that Sebeok is your father. Making sense, and asking for the blessing might have allowed me to make headway but I just couldn't make sense of half of what you said dude. And I seriously tried.

The silence thing was because I tired of listening to ####.
87387, RE: Protip: Best way not to get inducted, is telling me you already are.
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think he did the same thing with me last night. With a different character. With the same result.
87391, No, I wasnt going to play outlander when Quird was in
And I won't for some time.
You got this all wrong yhorian.

I was trying to talk to you but you logged in for pk, and then after promising me a talk, you logged off, twice.
You really spoiled alot of my time.
I slew paladins defending for christ sakes.
I wasnt saying imm was my father or any of that ####.

You really lie alot when it mars you rep. But that was a #### move.

I sent you like 5 tells each loggin.

I saw you like ####ing twice a week, I play alot, you hoard slots.
87400, OMFG, applicants can have thar-eris in their hearts
I did not spam tells.

I was rping that I had thar-eris in my heart faggotassdude.
In my eyes I was an outlander, not in yours, kay..

way to be a real prick and lockroom a leader slot
87401, Please don't come back. nt
nt
87411, IMHO:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Regardless of whether or not you meant to convey those things, or whether you felt like you spammed Quird with tells... if the person who can induct you into a cabal feels like you did those things, then you've got a problem.

Basically as the applicant it's your job to cast yourself in a good light and make the leader want to induct you, not his job to try to find the good in you.
87413, He either has this all wrong, or is lying
Posted by Krilcovk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did not spam him, I got like three tells or replies to him in my whole chars history. Its not how he says it is, He was just being a prick who didnt have much time to play, and was hoarding a leader spot, inactive, proof be told.

I can bs my way into any cabal, it was a #### head move because another leader actually asked him why he was giving me the #### around.
87415, RE: OMFG, applicants can have thar-eris in their hearts
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've got the joy of Thar-Eris
Down in my heart. (Where?)
Down in my heart! (Where?)
Down in my heart!
I've got the joy of Thar-Eris
Down in my heart. (Where?)
Down in my heart tooo staaay.

And if the Tribunal doesn't like it
They can sit on a tack. (What?)
Sit on a tack! (What?)
Sit on a tack! (What?)
And if the Tribunal doesn't like it
They can sit on a tack. (What?)
Sit on a tack tooodaaaay.

Coming to a bard note year you.
87406, Less drugs..less replying to yourself. N/T
Posted by SariensPlayer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87407, Less bandwagons. nt
Posted by Guests on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87416, Krilcov, you really need to stick to one forum handle...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You've posted on this thread as Krilcov, as Jingurzal, as "Applicant", and as "Guests" and you seem to be trying to make it look as if many people had an issue with Quird, when in reality the only one I see complaining about him is you.

And FWIW I didn't really know much of the char - he seemed fine, but I'm definitely not defending him, nor accusing him of anything. But sack up and stop trying to look like you're numerous people, or I'm going to ban you (again) from posting.
87378, I am DAMN impressed
Posted by Bergelmir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really, I am. I've seen a bunch of Outlander leaders, but you are definately in my top 3 list. And your knowledge of the game is simply sick. Pity you are gone. The fun jas just begun.
87381, You've got a great character
Same powerful combo, much more aggressive and awesome roleplay. Hope the things I showed you put you in good stead.

And as for game knowledge in general, I learned an aweful lot of it just by playing the character. Perfecting secret outlanderish stuff is something I've wanted to do for a while and actually cost me a few CON points doing it. (mostly looking in stupid places, in stupid ways, multiple times :P) The druid gear I found exploring and have tried to share with every druid in the cabal because the two-three pieces you want are so incredibly awesome they can't be passed. If only they could be strengthened as well!!!

I think you're one of only three people who know the secret bear thing though. That discovery was pure luck :D
87395, It's not that powerful, neither of you are gnomes. nt
Posted by fezzle freck on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87375, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Quird of Men-ji the Watermarked Gardener, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Boo.

Quird had that nifty combination of being both fun to be around and also quite deadly. I'm sad to see him go, but I'm assuming you had other RL concerns of he wouldn't have gone out this way. So...good luck with that.

I'm going to guess Twist, Balrahd and Kasty, in that order.
87376, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Quird of Men-ji the Watermarked Gardener, Harbinger of Thar-Eris
Okay, so, guess I should have read your goodbye post before making my guesses. Ooops.
87386, Heh, I'll take it as a compliment
Really good playing with you man, with any hope you'll still be kicking when I reroll.
87388, RE: Heh, I'll take it as a compliment
Unfortunately I probably won't. I'm pretty much expecting to drop dead every time I log in.
87374, Thanks very much everyone.
What made this character fun was some of the incredible players I got to play with over his long life. 448 hours, and I could have happily gone on for 500 more but unfortunately I have to be busy travelling for the next two months and don't want to just stick this one on the back burner where I'll lose my lust to play him.

I want to send a huge thanks out to Rayihn and Nep for helping me put the Meteors into the game. Outlanders finally have their history recorded and don't have to go to the criminal unfriendly lyceum in order to experience it. Also thanks to Rayihn for the Empowerment, encouragement and generally being a cool Mom like figure to Quird.

Thanks to some of the players who instrumental early in Quirds life like Calbaseeti and Kyaltaru. Mergen and Ilsiri. Lilorni and Hakdu. Some of you guys already have little tributes to you in my garden. The rest I might try to get added over the weekend.

Thanks to all the other acquaintences who made the game awesome over time. The peeps who died in endless droves to help me explore the dragon lairs and ruins - I prolly owe you a lot of con, but you'll have to settle for the dragon loot we got away with instead :D

The most recent flood of outlanders has been especially good. I've seen the quality of play go from great to excellent. Those of you still playing it out, I'm going to actually miss the most because I know how much more I could have spent time with you. Sad I never got to catch up to Ssirenia again, especially after what Tinal said. Hope you get my note Baldy. Sulye I don't doubt will be around for many weeks to come, not just a great character but a better leader than I'll ever be. And wtf, Tangni?!?! You're proof Baerinika totally corrupts with her purity! Pshaw!

Thanks to all the other immortals who's volunteered efforts made the game possible, and thanks to all the players good and bad who will make sure I come back to it as soon as I've got time. You rock!

Yhorian
87377, RE: Thanks very much everyone.
Good game, I really liked you when I got to run into you, and the stuff with placing the stones was supercool. Good character.
87396, I would also like to mention I had no problem getting inducted by Tangni when you weren't around. It was never a problem. nt.
nt
87380, Thanks for wasting my time.
Posted by Applicant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never got to talk to you, after a couple promises.
Why did you keep up for so long without logging in much?
87384, Simply been very busy lately.
I had time for like 3 day gaps, then I'd go 4 days without being able to login. I apologise to the applicants, but I did give Sulye/Tangni the go ahead to induct during my down periods if you spoke to them (which some did, and thankfully were accepted). There's also an active immortal side to Outlander again, so praying is totally cool.

Good luck dudes.
87392, Yea, I wish I knew that. What a waste of a leader slot. nt
Posted by Applicant on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87421, And the Anonymous Douchebag award goes to: n/t
Posted by Grobbak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87405, RE: Thanks for wasting my time.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You posted about this above, as well. Is this intentional or unintentional astroturfing?
87409, Intentionally hitting the crack pipe...
Posted by Hakdu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
leads to uncontrollable posting...is the conclusion I have come to.
87389, RE: Thanks very much everyone.
Posted by Shaughath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

We must have met RL for like 40 minutes? But I was impressed by the aura you commanded in that little time. I thought you made a great leader. I didn't see you much after that I was itching to meet you and spend some time with you raiding/exploring/talking. Great job. Here is something I wrote from the heart as a response (genuine at that) when I heard you are gone...

hu Oct 29 11:04:30 2009
To : all
Subject: Canticle for Quirdruid

Meet cloud druid once who float like a tree
With treant and wolf called, have strength of three.
Teach of Sylvans and saviours of lost ancient decree
That cloud driud that once met, who float like a tree.

A quiet place in ashes was there where we meet.
A savage but like elfguy did politely greet.
Talk of dream and war to hear heart of Ancient tweet.
That cloud guy, Quirdruid, who float like a tree.

But now rest and wander much deeper into wild
That cloud druid who adopt Shaughat, the hungry child.
and in war will drop a tear and wolf-howl like free
In fond rememberance of Quirdruid that float like a tree.

Quirdruid, May Ancient Bless Soul.

From tear laden feather quill of Shaggu.

87398, How is a Bard that speaks like a Moron, realisticlly,
Posted by Justcurious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
going to be able to inspire people in an IC fashion as Bards are designed in this game?

Not to mention you're stilted speech doesn't jive with the way your songs look when you sing.

Going by your poem above, you aren't even role playing Conway Twitty.
87399, Its because.
Posted by Sujukar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He ran out of ideas before joining the outlander bandwagon.
87442, RE: Its because.
Posted by Shaughath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

My idea of creativity is usually to take an already run down 'used and abused' idea and give it a new 'unimaginable' twist. *sagenod*

87446, However...
Posted by Justcurious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When an already unbelievable class is made more unlikley by RP that doesn't mesh with it... It's not cool or new or refreshing.

It's unenjoyable.
87448, I don't understand.
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
What are you saying here? I'm really lost. Is it that somehow the bard class is more "unbelievable" than a transmuter? Or druid? Or some other class? As in real world vs. fake world? I really hope it's something else because if not, we really need to work on our adjustment skills.

Care to explain what it is you're trying to say here?
87458, I have a problem with someone playing an accordian while fencing with me.
Posted by Just curious on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And doing it so well that no matter how many times I hear the song it can kill me.

Where as a it doesn't matter how many times you watch the broadway hit, "Great Balls of fire." Because a fireball is just hard to ignore.
87467, Stop impersonating Justcurious, Batman. I know it's you. nt
Posted by smashtroo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87412, RE: How is a Bard that speaks like a Moron, realisticlly,
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude. He's role-playing Mel Tillis.
87390, Geez. Didn't i ask you to live a long time?
Posted by Ssirenia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were just so damn strong, it wasn't only due to your class and combo but also your skill. You were incredibly reliable, i honest felt like i could take a nap on eastern, and you'd come rescue me and kill anyone that had attacked me. So long as you were around, come lich or high water i knew it could be dealt with. I as a player had total confidence in your abilities and skill.

The tree losing Quird really sucks for more reasons then i care to share on the forum. Those are huge shoes to fill which i don't think anyone right now can. Ssirenia had alot she needed to speak to you about and share. I was hoping you'd help her out with some things she is going through right now. I really wish we had gotten to catch each other more since i had so much fun the times that we did.

I hope you come back to the Tree in some shape or form, even if its just for one day a week. :) Your presence when you log in is so strong that it made up for your scarcity.

I wish you all the best with whatever you choose to do next.

87394, Very strong and classy opponent...
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... it was a bit absurd how quickly you could take the scales alone with me defending with lieutenants. Great work. You got me good a couple of times.

Vythigor/Artenno
87397, RE: Thanks very much everyone.
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Quird really was kind of like a son to Ray. You made a good priest, and every time we hung out it was just a nice, easy going talk. I'm glad you liked the meteor thing, I don't mind putting things like that in the game for solid characters at all.

Good luck on your next, Outlander is REALLY going to miss you!
87403, Side note
Did you ever end up moving to the states? I know at one point you said something on Dio's, sounded like you might be roughly in my neck of the woods.
87404, He did. He lives in the Windy City.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can get you his phone number if you want. Of course that'd put you on a watch list too.
87408, Creepy. But...
I do live pretty near there. We should plan some sort of Chi-town themed CF outing one of these days.
87414, I'm kidding.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only got my info from reading his posts on qhcf.
87402, Well, goodbye!
Posted by Yaniyule on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sad to see you go, and I must say I enjoyed it when you were there. When you woke up I knew we were going to get raiding, and it would be fun times for all. It's something that I've been trying to bring with each login and it was a bit of an inspiration of how your presence made the game a bit more fun for those around.

That being said, it's just a game, go and enjoy your RL ;)
87410, Quird!
Posted by Hakdu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a blast running around with you bud. I kind of felt bad when I up and delted Hakdu, and you were one of the people I knew I'd miss hanging out with. We made a powerful combo when we were together, and I always thought you more than deserved that leader slot. I always had hoped to return to outlander and find you still around, alas it looks as though that shant be the case.

-Hakdu
87417, Easily the best character I've seen from you
Posted by _Magus_Guest_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having interacted with you as an ally and foe (on rare occasions), I liked Quird. I also liked the fact that I had no idea that Quird = Yhorian.

Will you cease to play at all for a time? Or will you still have a CF presence, just to a far less capacity?
87457, Travelling for two months
So I can't reliably play a character but I'll be a presence. I'm off to the Ohio-Michigan area until 31st Dec. Won't be rolling until next january. And glad you enjoyed it, I get most of my kicks out of knowing other people are having more fun.
87420, RE: Thanks very much everyone.
Posted by Invoker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Well I have no doubt that Quird was a good Outlander and a threat to be reckoned with, I do have to say that my personal interactions with him left me disliking him greatly. It's pretty wild reading the accolades, though I'm sure you deserved them. I'd assume you had very disparate involvment, or were schizophrenic depending on whom you were talking to. Congrats on a good character on one front, really disliked you personally from one of my character's standpoints, but that's how it goes sometimes.
87428, I liked this character.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty much the only enjoyable interactions I ever found as Zaireh in
Outlander was with you.

Good luck in the future.