Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ishtan the Master of Disruption, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=87098
87098, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Ishtan the Master of Disruption, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 21 02:18:24 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 17th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Ishtan perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:transmuter
Level:40
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:38
87100, What? Who? Where? Why?
Posted by Mizze on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked this bird! Thought we where going to burn down the tree. What happened?

87102, RE: What? Who? Where? Why?
Posted by Vythigor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't mention you in my goodbyes (or Valk for that matter) as I didn't interact with you much on Ishtan. Though thank you for the interview and recommendation. You know as Artenno, I adored you!

I would not have done well in the Spire that didn't raid. I would have gotten too frustrated. I know you and Valk would often shake things up, but it just wasn't enough.
87104, There is...
Posted by Someone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A magistrate who could pretty much solo raid the spirit in the early 40's if they their were any trib defenders online and with a couple preps.
87113, Paladin?
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
87123, Necromancer. Aura/shield and full set of zombies can do it. nt
Posted by Sleepy2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
fds
87131, Only shield is basic, nothing else is.
Posted by Guest123 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and having a full set of zombies would take atleast 1.5 hours to get.

To raid you probably would need a better than average set of gear aswell.
87197, probably not.
Posted by Jingurzal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
shield, aura, wraithform, stoneskin.

all easy easy to get.

might have to flee to summon/vamp once
87196, Me. nt
nt
87099, Goodbyes/Thoughts
Posted by Vythigor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Transmuters: Certainly my new favorite class. Wands are not a problem. I found my amber in fifteen minutes. I never found my sienna but there are so many non-sleek shield sources, that it's not necessary. I doubt I would have had any problems finding my black sleek. The wand system works. That said, a transmuter without full a/b/s is not viable against villagers. Other classes - sure, villagers - no.

OH BTW, LEVEL 36 IN 11 PLAYED HOURS. :). No double exp.

Arial: I don't think I'll do arial again. Hollow Bones is an amazing edge but trip is somewhat underused right now and really is only dangerous on cheap shot thieves (in my limited experience). The biggest problem is that other than area explore items, finding satisfactory +hp boots/cloak is a problem, so in some ways you lose two slots. (Yes, you don't have to wear wing-tips, but I just could not get into that from RP perspective.)

GOODBYES:

Marcatis: Thank you for giving me a chance, and I hope I didn't waste too much of your time. I should have taken a slightly different twist and should have filled out a lot more role/background. I think an empowerment character first would have been a lot more appropriate. Again, you provide an intellectual challenge to me like no other. Thank you.

Provost (Delad): I came to the Spire (my favorite cabal) because I saw a flow of some new blood and it was exciting. I originally liked your approach. You were a good provincial and would have been a SUPERB JUSTICIAR. However, upon learning that you will not raid the Tree (thus losing the Spire's biggest weapon - out of town super-guards that are hasted and accelerated) and seeing that most other players primarily guild-sit and don't do anything, I decided this was not my cup of tea. The Tribunals that did do stuff were generally on their own without much support (i.e., Lhiana, you rule). Yes, I could have stepped up to the plate, but the merit/demerit goldstar system is not my cup of tea. It's just a bit too cute and I know exactly the type of player that it will attract (not the kind that I will enjoy being in a cabal with). Like I said, not my cup of tea. (Though, I do like the RP angle of it.) I will stay out of Tribunal until the guild-sitting/doing nothing culture changes. I think Spire needs another Nidblot-esque / Adeg-esque vindicator player. (And I'm too inexperienced in PK to become a Vindicator.) That said, good luck, and I hope I'm wrong.

Everyone else: I didn't leave much of an impact, but if you have any thoughts, fire away, I'll reply.

On to thinking what Cabal I should try next. Any suggestions are welcome. Maybe it's back to the healer plate!
87101, God you lvl fast.
Posted by Mizze on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vythigor, HA!

No wonder I liked you. Good luck with what ever your doing next.
87103, well.....
Posted by jingurzal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
One day I look around the cabal and notice the elf who recommended me whilst a magistrate of vorlia moved to galadon moved to provincial and moved to provost. Still in my original appointed city I noticed you and other, newer blood showing up at my ranks at a crazy like pace.

. Ishtun, ic my char has been a bit sour towards other maistrates and others ever since that paladin interview. I feel bad for the mocking laugh or whatever when you had a piece of gear I greatly needed and told me what I needed to give u for it. Jingurzal is not one to just let other's pick his brain for information(of that cost) and was offended, he may as well be that since deleted uber helpful gnome shifter Was also feeling that my hard work during the bad rut your artenno left the spire in, was never taken a second glance at. Jing was very bitter. I think I went a little harsh on you. One more thing, someone like my char won't save u from the pyramid for free and in my chars eyes our bartering was over, however trib buisness I was attemping diplomacy.

I did see a lot of potential in your char and did see that *spark*. Jealous, maybe. Artenno was a well played evil. Too bad you couldn't slip this one under the radar like u did and play it out.

Thanks for your chars, they've always have been something I could play off of.
87112, RE: well.....
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Jing and he was well-RPe'd. I've also gotten along with all your characters in the past. You are a serial Tribunal player like me.

Artenno did not leave the Spire in a rut. The Spire was a complete and utter mess when Artenno became Provost. He was also (a little known fact) a reluctant Provost. My final goal with Artenno was - raise a new generation of Magistrates (which I did - Mizze, Valk, etc.) and delete. Unfortunately, the kind that came after that generation, is the guild sitting kind. That's the part that I as Ishtan never realized. I'll be back, I'm sure, with something that could be a lot more independent than a transmuter pre-hero. (At hero, the transmuter is the most independent class I've known.)
87195, Correction, I play serious underdogs.
What fun is it in joining a cabal with a bunch of powergamers flexing their win buttons heh.

I want to have a leader, I never had. I put alot of effort into cabals and get burned half the times, although I deserve that.
87114, RE: Goodbyes/Thoughts
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>On to thinking what Cabal I should try next. Any suggestions
>are welcome. Maybe it's back to the healer plate!

You've done Tribunal three times now. Might as well come over to the dark side. Even if I may not be around to see it.