Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [HERALD] Wapasi the Student of History
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86816
86816, (AUTO) [HERALD] Wapasi the Student of History
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 14 23:43:16 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Wapasi perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:58
86824, Time waster
Posted by Blah on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were so verbose about what a great bard and herald you were and would be and shortly after getting in you vanished from the face of the earth. Exactly what Zalenne demanded and warned you not to do if she was going to give you a shot. Go figure.
86836, RE: Time waster
Posted by Wapasi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

When you expect a player to put in time and effort into holding events, take time to reply to note sent to Heralds. All I asked was which date/time would be preferable for my event to the Imms and Heralds. I didn't get ONE - <-- ONE single reply. Not likely that anyone would show up either. I'd rather spend my time doing something else then flog a dead horse.
86837, Constructive Advice
The note in question asked What, not when and it didn't imply hand holding or the need for synchronizing schedules.

You're expected to put in time and effort to arrange and brainstorm your own events because, correct me if I'm wrong, you wanted to be a Herald. That's just one facet of what Heralds do. Arguably the really good Heralds are a walking event, as soon as they log on.

As far as dates and times and Imm aid, there have been Battleragers, who have held successful events at the Inn. (and I'm sure there have been others) The Inn is a stage, anyone can step up and take a role. Imm acceptance/participation isn't and shouldn't be a prerequisite. When it happens that's awesome, but they're more likely to be lured in if you're going to do it regardless, rather than hinging it upon them saying Yes Bill, Tuesday at 3PM CST is ideal, I'll bring the whips and chains, you bring the popcorn.

For someone who essentially, conived, contrived, and bullied their way into fasttracking into becoming a Herald, it's hard to see that you spent really any time on the character once you became a Herald. If not getting a response to one note did it, well... gee whiz dude.

You should probably stick to uncaballed characters if the lack of validation by response to a single note kills the interest in your character for you and causes you to just give up.

Blaming the Imm in question for your lack of interest is just silly. If you thought being a Herald meant 24/7 Immteraction (I realize that's an extreme), then it's your fault you had unreal expectations. Deleting after a lack of response to a single note, especially for criteria that weren't part of the inquiry is just a joke, and a bad one at that.
86839, The reality is that Heralds is not everyone's cup of tea
Posted by Observer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and he may have just figured that out. Remind me the last time we had a herald that was a "walking event".
86842, RE: The reality is that Heralds is not everyone's cup o...
Posted by random on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thought I would say Etielise was the last herald I recall that was always running around doing things. Of course she was about a year ago, though that bard bezzilan is going around trying to do a lot now, but herald events are always ancillary to what other people are doing.

And a thought about a herald events- they can be fun in breaking up the monotony of things some times, and sitting with enemies in the same room and not killing each other can always lead to some fun rp. If you only go to them for the imm love possibility because there is a known imm participating and planning rewards, well, you're missing the point of being a herald and what the events really are about.

86846, Quantity != Quality
Posted by Mmmm on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That said, Bezzilan is doing a lot. Some of it is a hit, a lot of it is a miss. But yes, it's good to have active Heralds.
86857, RE: The reality is that Heralds is not everyone's cup of tea

That's perfectly legitimate and if that had been the reason cited well, what can you do, it happens.

By walking event, I didn't so much mean that they were constantly busied wit massive things, but that when you saw them online you felt the urge to drop by the Inn just to RP a bit with them. Because they make the game more fun as a whole. Of course you don't have to be a herald to make the game more fun with your RP, just clarifying.
86845, RE: Constructive Advice
Posted by The PK DEMON on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You sound like a real dork. I'ma kill heralds like mad now
86856, RE: Constructive Advice
Posted by Wapasi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Talk about over reading. I DID ask suggestions (IF ANY) and also WHEN would it be best suited time wise for other Heralds/Imms to make it to the event. Way to pick on the one thing and so easily leave out the other. I've played a High Herald before. Spare me the spite and bitter wisdom. Doesn't sound constructive to me.

I wasn't looking for anything. Get off the "you wanted IMM-attention" train. I couldn't care less. I was away for little less than a year, taking a break from CF. Thought I'll play a herald comeback to get a grip of things. Now your long rant makes me wonder if I should bother or not. Just playing a character that I had in mind and wanted to play/try out. If things didnt go like I wanted I believe I have full freedom to delete. And "Fast-track" way into Herald? OMG, yeah, totally. Just look at the risk/reward pay-off. In your own words - Gee whiz Dude.