Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86692
86692, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Oct 12 08:36:32 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Arrna perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:711
87214, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My dear Arrna,

You were so worthy of the training and the title. What a well done job with this character. The interaction for the Sapper Training was spot on and you passed every trial with flying colors. I didn't have the slightest doubt that you would fail the trials.

I saw a very sincere character who held morale ground. You faced enemies with courage and you used tactic and strategy in your fighting. I wanted to reward this. Could I convince more of the BattleRagers to follow a similar example - woe to our enemies.

Amazing job. Good luck with the next.

87218, Thank you for those words.
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really means a lot. And again, thank you again for the interactions and rewards IC. I might be making a follower of yours sooner than you think. ;) (Once there isn't so many of them that is...)
86855, If you wouldn't mind Baer, I'd like to see some thoughts on how I ran the fortress? If you have time. :D n/t
n/t
86930, Arrna!
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When Baer had issues with how you ran the Fort, she'd tell you. Maybe you didn't notice? Like that time I told you to (wo)man up a little and grow some balls and take charge? I was glad when you did!

I've defended the way you ran the Fort many times on the forums, I had no problems with what you did. Baer IC thinks Iunna is a little too (neutral) wild so she sort of gives Iunna's followers the squinty eye, unsure if they're going to start pouring beer around in the Ruin or not! But definetly don't take that to mean she didn't like teh Arrna.

Also, I don't *remember* gettin' it on furry style with Kreo...my husband must have been playing Shar that day...
86980, Yeah, hope I (wo)manned up enough. :D
Wasn't sure how much I could do and what not. And by the way, sorry not inviting you, I was certain that I did... My bad. heh

87043, RE: Arrna!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Also, I don't *remember* gettin' it on furry style with
>Kreo...my husband must have been playing Shar that day...

I don't remember that either. Man, the things I must do after a bottle of wine.
87069, I smell a new conspiracy!
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Daevryn + Rayihn doesn't equal out anymore

Daevryn = Rayihn = Baernika is now the thing...the wedding was a hoax, you just play Rayihn to stay in touch with that feminine side. All of those pictures...staged or photoshopped!

87077, RE: I smell a new conspiracy!
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It makes perfect sense! Clearly the blond in that poofy wedding dress is some $5 crackho he picked up off the corner to play the part.
87270, Clearly photoshop could have been in play!
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nothin but love most of the time for you two. (I have to say most because sometimes I disagree with you guys, but thats nothing short of normal in life.)
87272, It's true!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Before the cocaine came out, that dress wasn't even white!

Well, maybe not.
87280, We don't really know...
Posted by Splntrd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
what he even looks like. Those could've been ANYONE's wedding pictures, from Flickr or something.
86800, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by Kearina on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great char!

Thank you for your help and interactions.

Good luck with your next!
86806, Good thing you found it. :D Quite a few places you checked.
GOod luck with stuff! :D
86774, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by Humbert. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well played, you were a great wife to Humbert (senile old giant marrying?!). I was impressed by how much you were willing to RP (the whole extreme paranoia thing, the unusual way of applying to Fort, etc) since I don't think I could have put in that sort of unusual effort :P Good luck with your next character. And I still remember being conned by Kreo, goodness Humbert lived too long. I wonder if you managed to get past Humbert's pk numbers? =)
86780, Hehe yeah, I conned you good as Kreo. And no...
... I'm 100% certain I didn't. I'm guessing somewhere between 100-150 PKs if I'm lucky.

Anyways, I've said a bunch already about you. ;) You're solid!
86707, A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
I rolled Arrna this spring afted deleting Zubi my assassin advisor since I had decided to stop playing. I then decided to try and play max 1 hour/day and I rolled Arrna. First 2 weeks it worked out just fine, and I enjoyed playing a goodie again. (Second goodie in 4 playing years.) I had worked on the role for quite a bit and was set out to follow Iunna since I've always enjoyed the little interactions I've had with her. Though not having a single clue about her religion or how religions really work (As I haven't ever had a tatt before) it felt really "forced" each time I spoke with her.

Then suddenly things picked up pace and I had "found myself" in Arrna. The way I interacted and played changed and interactions with imms/players just felt natural. It also helped that my build was quite decent even pre-hero and I quickly found myself a decent set of gear. All of this combined made me put in more and more hours into CF again, and when I was made Maran after a long fight with Aganthas (Arial dagger/mace berserker) I decided that THIS was the char I wanted to age-die with. I also decided that I was going for marshall/captain by then, so when Baerinika asked me who I thought to be most suited (Sorry Baer, I REALLY thought you asked if I wanted to become Marshall) I said yes. After some confusion and scrolling back I realized that I hadn't been asked to become Marshall, just to suggest. But the interaction ended up with me as a Marshall.

Erm, just realized that I'm sort of writing a biography of Arrna's life, don't want to do that so I'll stop here. ;)
Just mentioning one more thing. After I was made Marshall I went to Norway to work for 4 weeks, where all I did was work, eat, sleep, play. I put in some CRAAAZY hours then, sorry to disapoint all of you when I came back home and couldn't do 8-12 hours/day. heh

Some thoughts:
Storm giants: Awesome race, only pro's. Even with 17 int I've never seen this many skills perfect (Though then again, never had a +700 hours char before.) Resistances/immunities are awesome, and add some resist gear and Maran powers... Insane stuff.

Legacys:
Riddle: This is by far the best legacy I've had! And I've played 16 hero warriors by now.

Landslide: Awesome as well! Really landed me some neat kills on mages who can't be bashed/tripped.

Surrounding the sunrise: This must for certain be the most underestimated legacy there is. It's just so great for a bunch of reasons. Solo-exploring tough grouped mobs, raiding the palace, attacking groups etc. Or just for escaping gangs. Damned good legacy! THANK YOU IUNNA! And thanks Bartis for helping out with the training.

Quest skill Fireblood: Well, suppose this shouldn't be mentioned. At all. Just now those who suspected it knows it. AWESOME! Thank you Thror! (And Iunna who I suspect had something to say as well.)

Specs:

Polearm: This is a very nice spec! Tanks real good if you're enlarge and have pikeman's valor. And I made sure to be constantly enlarged unless I was going to bash a smaller target. Cutoff did actually make sure I landed a bunch of kills, and slice landed me quite a few with it's bleeding as well.

H2H: The first 300 hours I didn't use this spec much, which was a HUGE mistake. Combined with polearm it's quite awesome. Tanking decently, wittling the enemy down, then throw in a heavy pummel. It was also awesome against invokers and some mages.

I really REALLY tried my absolute best to stay IC constantly. Though I have ONE weakness (that I consider a weakness) when it comes to CF and that is gear. For some odd reason I expect none else to loot me when I don't loot them, which is quite insane, I know. Thus I got really pissed each time I lost some gear, and if it ruined someones game experience, I'm truly sorry.
And about my "orders", they were exactly that, orders. After my first week as Marshall I was deemed to soft, both by myself and by Baerinika. Mainly because I didn't know how much "power" I had. And I really wanted to make it obvious that it was ARRNA that was Marshall and not just anyone.

And my ooc reason was that I think goodies have it faaaaar to easy in sooo many ways. Sure, there are a few PK-restrictions. But really, still far to easy.

Here is a list of the orders and the reasoning behind them that was discussed with ALL leaders of the fortress and agreed upon.

1: An enemy of the fortress is never to return to their corpse finding themselves lacking more than two pieces of armor their coins and perhaps potions and wands. You are never to take things from a corpse you did not participate in creating.
(Of course people were able to "reloot" their things if they got fulled.)

Reasoning acording Arrna and her IC persona:
1: An enemy that returns to their corpse finding it pillaged heavily will have dark feelings inspired to them. Vengeance and perhaps anger that may lead to hatred, we must not furthen the taint in those we seek to cleanse.
2: This is a precation to make sure our squires does not so easily fall into the temptation of greed, there are enough with temptations anyways.
3: If an enemy finds themselves missing a lot of things, they may feel compelled to go out and hunt those of the light to gather new armors and whatnot. Let us avoid this.
4: I think there was one more reasoning but I've forgotten it by now. Should have a txt doc with it somewhere though... ROFL

2: You are not to hunt anyone that is not dark of heart. If they hunt you, avoid them. If they come to the fortress, you give them one warning, ever, then you drive them off. If they strike someone of the light, as the giants on the volcano you give them one warning, then you drive them off.

Reasoning:
We must not lose focus in our war, our enemies are primarely the scions and imperials. We must also not inspire those undecided to dark feelings such as anger that may lead to hatred and vegeance against the light.
OOCLY I really wish I would have come up with some way of decalring all out war with the nexuns, but reading a few old comments on others who have tried similiar things I decided that it wouldn't work anyways.

3: The spire. This order changed over the course of Arrna's life, I'll get into this later. Here is the order as it stood when I droped as Marshall.
You must not become warranted by the spire unless it is to save the life of someone of the light when there is not other way to do so.
When there are no magistrates or provincials to guard the cities we step in and protect the innocents from the darkness. (Essentially, strike in the cities when none can warrant you, don't when they can.)

At first, there was a do not EVER brake the laws order. Then the provost was a mummy and the orders changed to "Hunt the evil magistrates and the mummy IN the cities and even inside the spire" which almost resulted in me getting killed by the executioner to Artenno and his guards. During that time I gave a young elf a promise that if he were to become provost, the fortress would follow the laws again. So when he did become provost, the orders changed back to "Do not EVER brake the laws". Frorania had some troubles with this and UNLIKE MOST others that had HUGE problems with this, she handeled it ICLY, coming to me with good arguments and a good suggestion, thus making me change the orders again to what it was before I droped out.

Reasoning:
There must be some safehavens for those not brave enough to fight in the war. The innocents must escape the war at some places. The spire might be tainted, but within the cities they can only do so much bad, and most of it is good as they protect the innocents there. Thus we can tolerate some of it, for now as we have far more important priorities.
Also, Arrna was orderly and she did like laws and orders... That also played a huge part of it. (And yet I got SOOOO many warrants.)

Goodbyes:
Immortals:

Iunna/padwei... Where to begin... I mean, at first I was SO disapointed in MYSELF for not being able to step up my role play around you. I could really feel how bored you were and I was so frustrated. Then I got over it and man, did I have A LOT of fun with you! At some point I REALLY wished that Arrna was a man so she could have fallen in love with you, but after seeing and hearing about all those chasing you... I decided it was good that Arrna was female. heh I think I got to hear quite a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have otherwise. I have NO idea if I really got your religion so some feedback on that would be nice. I just found an angle I liked and that suited Arrna's role and went with it. Ooh, I hope you liked the polearm dance (ROFL, Thror's pole dance comments really cracked me up.) and I'm sorry for my crappy poems I recited to you. (I REALLY REALLY suck at that.)
Thanks for the tattoo (my first) and the legacy (first third legacy)
LOVE YOU! I'll definetely come back and follow you again some day!

Baerinika, I never knew where I had you. For some reason I got the feeling that you really didn't like me. And I couldn't place if it was your IC persona or something ooc. (Though I think it was ICly, this elf attitude stuff?) Anyways, I still enjoyed our interactions and thanks for trusting me with your cabal. I hope I didn't bring it far of the directions you want it to be and I hope I didn't disapoint you to much. And thanks for that transfer, after I send that line I slamed my head in the desk screaming "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU JUST DO? DID YOU ASK AN IMM FOR A TRANSFER?". Let's just say that I was ALMOST expecting a slay for it... *Blush* I was really tired and actually didn't mean to send the line... heh

Thror you rock! Boiling my skin all over a few times. And that training experience was just awesome. Sorry for going AFK a few times early in it but my son kept waking up for some reason so had to run of. Luckily I knew he'd fall a sleep quickly and at least I felt that it didn't destroy my experience from it. Hope it didn't ruin yours.
And the tournament, you and Iunna put on quite a show. That is, by far, the most fun I've ever had! And I've been to two rites (which I count as some of the most fun things you can do on CF).
Anyways, you're awesome!

Enlilth I dont' even remember how our little "thing" started or why. It was a blast however. And handing out my head all over Thera was hilarious. Sorry about that night where you and Ahtieli were dancing on my corpse but it was 04:00 in the morning for me and I was SO pissed over losing some gear... As I said, gear is my bane. I don't know if you noticed but after our interactions with you braking my spine over and over I kept emoting that I had a bad back. ;)

Mergulla, I just want to say that I'm sorry for incorperating you into my role. Got a bit of flack for it in the rolecontest and I hope it didn't bother you. I tried to get your "attention" once or twice but I couldn't really figure out how to "use" my role in that regard, so I gave that up. heh ANyways, thought you were a cool imm when I was Zubi so wnated to see some from the "other side".

Fortress:

Humbert... I had decided early on that I sure wouldn't get into all that lovy squishy mudsex0r stuff that I did once with Kreo (Hello Baer!) so when I talked about it with Iunna I decided that Humbert would be my secret love as you were about to age-die anyways and the age-difference were to great. Suppose that was a mistake! ROFL Anyways, that decission was actually one of the best I made. You played such a HUGE part in Arrna's life. I had decided not to approach the fortress the regular way and when I got to talk with you I tried to act as if the fortress might not be "good enough" sort of. All my interviews were basically to get people to WANT me to join instead of ME wanting to join them. So it sort of started already there. Class act interactions, class act PK. Love you man! Arrna was all sobbery about you even in her final hours. ;)

I'm sorry to the rest of you, but there are SO many that were close to me and I can't remember the exact names etc... So, you post and I'll reply! :D

Empire:

Ahtieli, what can I say! Class act! You rarely looted anything from my corpses save for the basic stuff that all evils SHOULD loot (Prayer beads, helm of brilliance.) I had your number a few times and we were a pretty even match if I had prepared amply. Though if you really tried, there was no way for me to get you. I am still SO pissed after you escaped me and Humbert like 1 blow from death! You HAVE to post how much HP you had left after that fight!

Gzurweeg, you were a class act as well. Sorry about my freak outs about looting. But that's my weakness. You played SO conservative early on and I was SO annoyed. Yet I managed to kill you what? 3 times? That time in Seantryn was just insane! I walked out from Trothorn with 50% hp, eyes of flame up and I was slowed and poisoned. Walking right into you totally unprepared. SMACK and you were dead.

Glurgick you're a class act and a beast. And you sure ain't afraid of taking some risks! (Swords really were my bane.)

The rest of you... You post, I'll reply.

Scions:

Lornis your really tough! But that ice drake certainly is so so... Though adding flyto to your other forms is just insane. :D ANyways, had some really good rumbles with you.

Frismund, another class act! I really liked you and your RP. And you tried some really unconventional tactics against me (I was used to fighting Ahtieli, Satebos and Adeglicf) which was interesting.

The rest of you... You post, I'll reply. :D

Zalenne my sister! I'll miss you! And thank you SO much for keeping me company in the sands of sorrow when I screwed up with the you know what. :D Couldn't believe you went there willingly just to sit down and RP some with me. We sat there for 2.5 hours!
And by the way, you really stunned me in the test of wits in the tournament! MAN did you know how to insult me! rofl

I played for 711 hours, that's a REALLY long time. And there are SO many terrific players that I've fought with/against and interacted with. Thanks to ALL of you for making CF what it is! The best damned game I've ever played!

Post here what you wish, I'll reply to everyone who ain't trolling/flaming.

List of previous chars over the past 4 years: (if I remember them all.)

Arrna
Zubi
Zefta
Iegob
Deiha
Bjorn
Batu
Ckol
Maynak
Cedek
Kreo
Amberion (Was 9 years ago though. heh)
Khurga
Berak
86710, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I interacted with you both as Zil and Ezranil, and it was enjoyable from both a friendly viewpoint and from an enemy viewpoint. This was a class act character.

Where in norway did you go to work?
86713, Cool chars! I liked them. I was in....
... Trondheim at St Olavs hospital. (I'm a nurse.) You're from norway right? I'm a swede. ;)

Awesome city! I plan to take my family there next summer perhaps on vaccation. Beautiful place in the summer.
86711, It looked like you were having a lot of fun
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And I know I would have enjoyed spending more time with you than the short period we had, but ah well.

I enjoyed seeing all those logs of you kicking ass. I'm slowly coming to a point that I'll start another character again, so maybe we'll meet again!

Take care
86712, Nian! I really loved running around with you!
I remember when I was a squire and fighting some empire blade who kept stunning me. That fight was awesome. He had a pocket bard, I had a pocket warrior acolyte. ROFL :D
86715, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Straklaw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Arrna
>Zubi
>Zefta
>Iegob
>Deiha
>Bjorn
>Batu
>Ckol
>Maynak
>Cedek
>Kreo
>Amberion (Was 9 years ago though. heh)
>Khurga
>Berak

I honestly think I've run into literally all of your characters at one point or another. It's actually been one hell of a progression from the poor sap that Berak was :)
86721, Thanks man! :D Yeah, I've actually felt the progress. n/t
N/T
86717, Well done
Posted by Balten on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were powerful without being an ass, knowledgeable without being an elitist jerk, and helpful without being a nursemaid. You were good at the job without falling into all the traps that many people fall into with Fortress characters.

All in all a great, inspirational fortress member and it was a pleasure to travel and work with you with you the times I did.

Great work and good luck with whatever is next.

Balten
86722, Thanks for everything Balten! You're a sturdy precense.
And a damned good acolyte and cardinal. :D
86718, Wow...lots of good battles.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We really did got at it alot, and I have much respect for the char. Everyone hated your two pieces of gear rule and many broke it, but I thought itw as cool how you rped to that and stuck with it. Anyway, we had a lot of great fights, and many did you school me a few times. i think every now and then I'd do the same back to you. The hard thing about shifters can be landing the kill sometimes, or sealing it or however you want to say it. That drive tactic was rough and I always had to be careful how hurt i got because usually I'd get cursed or something and with cutoff getting away sometimes was nearly impossible. Anyway...great job and good luck with wherever you go next in life and here.
86723, Thanks Lornis
We certainly did have a ####load of fights. You're awesome both PK and RP-wise. Keep it up! (And start logging more hours! My new char is already in pk-range dammit!)
86726, Life...is busy.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Life is really busy right now. The fall is always very busy from a work/outside of work perspective with a lot of things going on. I try and put in a few hours a day/night, but i won't log in from work anymore. The level of busyness lately has been crazy and I don't want to just log in and sit there doing nothing, or risk getting killed while my mind is gone. Anyway...things will pick up again time wise in a few weeks/month or so.

Keep trucking.
86719, Fun enemy.
Posted by Khalla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt like I had little chance to do anything productive against you in a heads up fight. Damn that Riddle legacy! I'd be tranced, protection, stone skin, etc, land kat/kans right away and then watch as I still sat there soaking up damage from you. And that was after missing what, five assassination attempts on you?? I think you tricked me into thinking that you had picked something to help against assassinations *fistshake*.

Additionally, your banter was always enjoyable, although at times I felt like Arrna was just too "nice" to someone who was always trying to stick a sword in your back ;).

Well done.
86724, Yeah, assassins REALLY had it bad against me.
On assassins:
1: I know assassins limitations quite well after playing Zubi.
2: I know how to avoid stalks.
3: I know how to "detect" them without detect hidden.
4: I got preps to get them hiding in different ways.
5: I had a legacy to deal with kat/kans
6: Different edges to deal with them.
7: Polearms are nasty against assassins, really!

I liked Khalla! We had some good banter. Every time you tried to assassinate me, I knew you would and I let you do it since I wanted the fight. heh

There was only ever 1 assassination I was prepared for. (I was assassinated twice, the second time I knew it was happening right before it did... So pissed at myself.)
86741, RE: Yeah, assassins REALLY had it bad against me.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems like an assassin could have made you pay if he were able to absorb a charge set + 2 rounds melee.

Especially if Master of Nin Dogu modifies vanish in the manner I suspect it does.

But yeah. Polearm + H2H makes an assassin's life difficult.
86720, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were good fun. Glad we had our little interactions. Good job.
86725, Susu! Yeah!
I really liked out interactions! I really felt like we had a good thing going. We both disliked eachother, but we both proved ourselves in eachothers eyes. Mutual respect, but FAAAR from friends.

I really liked Susu.
86731, Did you seriously forget our friendship?
Posted by Tarleton on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some pretty epic brawls. I knew, almost without fail, I was in for a big fight if you were on. As it usually is against bashers, our fights either went really well for me or really poorly.

Made me sad when you sent me that tell last night after our twice-interrupted skirmishes in the Imperial Lands saying that was our last fight.

Best of luck with your next!
86736, Sure as hell didn't forget you!
We had some really good fights! :D I LOVE the notes you've sent! Found them hilarious! Haven't seen one in a while though! Get working on them!

Anyways, keep it up! You're awesome!
86733, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Lorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I will miss you. I truly did enjoy our RP and hunts together. We kept it classy and worked well together.

Ha det bra, og lykke til.

Lornkanamas
86738, Aah! En dansk jävel! ;)
Jo, vi jobbade bra ihop! Älskar din RP. Bra grejor det där. Vi ses online.

(In case that was all the danish you knew, sorry. hehe)
86739, The Scandanavian presence in CF is amazing.
Jeg taler dansk godt. Jeg taler japansk bedre. Men jeg tilbringer meget tid i Bergen, Norge.
86757, RE: The Scandanavian presence in CF is amazing.
I live in bergen, Norway :) We should meet up and have a coffee next time your here.

Throw me a message on cerunnir@gmail.com, Cerunnir at AIM or cerunnir@hotmail.com on MSN.
86781, If I get any work in Bergen, I'll drop you guys a line.
bjorn.hojing@gmail.com

I'm Deriveh on Skype.
86784, Can't wait to get back
But I have a full docket for now. I am from Indianapolis, IN and next trip is back to Hawai'i or maybe Germany/Switzerland.
86786, RE: Can't wait to get back
Yeh, but throw me a message if you drop by bergen again in the future. Always fun to meet up with other CF'ers.

What do you do btw? I would love a job where I could travel that much when I am done with my studies.
86791, RE: Can't wait to get back
I work for a Japanese logistics company called Nippon Express. Me and my wife try to travel at least twice a year. We are addicted to Hawai'i and her homeland of Japan.
86740, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Rhyaldrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed our interactions (as brief as they were). You were a little dirt/disarm happy when we fought but I just took that as you not wanting to kill a neutral out right.

711 is a long time to stick it out. Good job.
86759, Yeah, didn't want to kill neutrals. but more so, wanted to get you off my back. heh
Rhyaldin sure can take a pounding!
86754, GRAH!
Posted by Huk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chief will miss...avoiding you. lol

you were one tough cookie, thank you for being one of the classiest people around, i always enjoyed a good battle, and you sure provided them.

Thank you for being such a good player!

86761, Had a bunch of fun fighting you!
Some orc players really knows how to do it. And at times, you certainly did! That's the dangerous things with orcs. You underestimate them at times. ;) That fight against you and Satoshi with Balten dying... Man, had I just chopped again instead of going for the pummeling... *SIGH*

Keep it up man!
86755, Goods and bads
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Gzurweeg, you were a class act as well. Sorry about my freak
>outs about looting.

Sure you did.
My build doesn't give me many opportunities to loot more than 1-2 items even if I want to. And those freakouts were pushing me to consider taking additinal *efforts* with holy looting.
Plus, IC, why would I care about your body at all. And if I'm breaking my role by guarding your body those freakouts do not help. At all.

>You played SO conservative early on and I was SO annoyed.

I always play the same way.
Early on I was a sub hero AP without my sleeks and controls.
Physical low charged unholy weapon doesn't help in fighting storm giant marans as well. So, there are several reasons why a such duergar AP would avoid very one-sided fights against the storm marshall but I won't reveal them! Mwahaha.
In addition, fire and lightning controls aren't great against storm marans too.
However, once I got my frost control, some charges and wands, you started to run from me every time like a little girl. :)

>Yet I managed to
>kill you what? 3 times? That time in Seantryn was just insane!
>I walked out from Trothorn with 50% hp, eyes of flame up and I
>was slowed and poisoned. Walking right into you totally
>unprepared. SMACK and you were dead.

You killed me once (in Seatryn Modan). Damn criminal.
So the delusional factor here is only x3. Much better than Liethkim's. Props for that.

It was also very annoying when you try to raid/defend or just fight and get repelled, you would pick a random outlander and return with a gang. Not classy.

But on the bright side, you were still better than many other forties and I guess not a bad Marshall too.
Overall, a remarkable character, and certainly an improvement over your past characters.
86760, Clarifying a few things....
... Of course you should play conservativly and not step up against a storm marshall pre hero/Controls/sleeks etc. It's just suicide. And of course it's frustrating to hunt someone that does their best to avoid you. ;) Nothing wrong with that.

And yeah, I looked through my logs and I was certain it was 3 kills on you. But I could only find the one in seantryn. *BLUSH*

And I did not run once you got ice-control. I ran the first fight, after that things felt like we were even when I was amply prepped. Though it lasted only for like 2-3 days then you got some more charges, and I was basically chanceless.

First off, I think I was grouped with outlanders when raiding the palace maybe 2-3 times in 711 hours. I can actually only remember one of the times, and that was 3-4 days ago, and no imperials were online. ^^ I actually came there to hunt an evil outlander.

And if you try to raid, realize you're chanceless? Do you give up when there is backup to be had back at the fort? Nope, you return with the army. Arrna was NOT below ganging. (As many got to know.)

And the looting... Yeah, I know. Really bad style from me. You were not the only one to hear about it. I whined like a little girl about getting looted most of the time.
86756, Thanks for all the coins
Posted by Beib on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Working with Arrna and the Fortress really put some excitement into Beib's life. Of course I had all sorts of ulterior motives, but I think our arrangement was mutually beneficial. I thought your RP was top notch and Beib certainly respected Arrna a great deal. Thanks for dragging me along on a couple of adventures. I definitely dug Kreo and Zefta as well. GLWYN.
86762, Yeah, we had a nice deal going. :D
Arrna hated losing her bags to thieves. And she weren't going to try and kill those none-evil thieves. So, better enlist them on the payroll instead. :D

I liked Beib, and I liked beib as Kreo and Zefta as well. Nice char. Going for age-death? GOod luck anyways!
86763, Great Character.
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some fun times. Got into some disagreements.

You're still easy to spot. It's LOG!

Really really good job.
86764, Hahaha yeah logs and loggs... :D
Yeah, I'm easy to spot. If nothing else for my gear whining combined with unwillingness to loot people. ;)
86766, RE: A loooooong ride is over. Goodbyes:
Posted by Zalenne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You need to stop with the "logg", "bugg", "lagg" and "yey", I can't *not* notice those little details. ;)

I think walking in that deathtrap was about the only chance of getting you to sit still and talk for a bit (and to be fair, last time I was in there you could recall out, anyway) so why not, you were always too busy otherwise. Wish I could've gone along on a pk rampage sometimes, it sure breaks the routine!

...okay, maybe I would've rather chosen something than util/util if I wanted to fight people, though, I got owned in those fights and it sure didn't help I could use only one of my final forms (god damn poison resist/immunity, it's WAY too common especially since players can get it now imho). Maybe some other day!

Since you might actually be around when I am in your Scandinavian timezone, stop by the inn sometime... I'm not going anywhere for a while yet.
86767, I will. :D Been thinking of making a PKing herald for a while actually.
Anyways, I'll miss you! That's the worst with being a cabal leader in a PK-heavy cabal, you don't have time for anything at all. :D
86770, I really liked you...
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... with both Vythigor and Artenno. You challenged ideology/philosophy of my characters and were always a force to be reckoned with. Great work! Now, take a deep breath, suck it up, man up, and roll a Tribunal leader.
86778, Heheh I had a lot of fun interacting with both of those chars. :D
And no, no tribunals for quite some time. ;)
86777, Bleh. I hated seeing you on where pk
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Between;

(1) not being able to initiate attacks on you due to Rager/my RP,
Thunderlance,
(2) cutoff,
(3) Riddle,
(4) only having two attacktypes that avoid chargeset (both of which can only be used once for several hours),
(5) you vastly improving over the course of this character,
(6) and not wanting to die solo to the goofy fortress storm giant ( :) ),

fighting you was always very dodgy.

And Thunderlance is the only item I can remember hoarding, ever, over the years I played CF. But next time I saw you, you had another - so it was useless :P

Good job on Arrna, and good luck with your next.
86779, I had your number for a while.... Then....
... all of the sudden you started pwning me right and left and I had to start using more preps than stone/prot only. You're a beast!

About the thunderlance, once I hit request-lance range it was VERY easy to make sure I always had one. Though I actually tried to use other polearms... Just because people really complained about me using it. heh And quite frankly, against arials it's just plain OP.
86804, Im glad I was able to interact with you in a positive way!!!
Posted by Durble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Arrna was in my top 3 favorite alive mortals in cf when i was playing as Durble. It was fun coming to the understandings we did, and i am glad we got to make this run and hang out together, considering I played the gnome healer that gave you the black box and turned you nuetral so long ago :P. Still laugh a little that that made the memorable logs, but I gotta say, Comparing the two characters, you went from total newb to total class act and a great contribution to the game in a matter of a few years, and Im glad to see youre taking to cf so well. Good luck with the next!
86805, Thanks! So that was you!
Hahahahahaaha! I still have fond memories of Amberion. Even though I went ooc all the time like telling my RL buddy "Tell Elvam Our class begins in five minutes" etc...

After Amberion I had a 6 years long brake. :D

Anyways, I really liked Durble. Was always weary around you though. ^^
86807, Yeah
Posted by Durble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really only robbed you to be thiefy, then I gave it back. You were probably the safest out of anyone around me, Arrna just rubbed me the right way.

(God that sounded sooooooo dirty)
86706, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by Yaniyule on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, can't *really* say I'm sad to see you go. You were hard to fight, but I suppose we were fairly evenly matched in that I couldn't kill you without you making a mistake, and you couldn't kill me without the same. All in all though, you were always ready to mix it up, and that just makes life a little bit more fun.

GLWYN.
86708, Hehehe, Arrna might be gone.... But I'm still nearby....
... much closer than you think...

Yaniyule's a good foe. That's all I'll write for now. ;)
86702, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Arrna Holdfast the Sapper-Trained Blaze of War, Elder of the Fortress
Posted by behemothpriest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were a very cool character and always roled with the insults well. I couldn't believe Talund had me drop the Thunderlance in the middle of a raid so you could use it against us. I think you almost killed all of us after that happened. 711 hours is awesome! Make an imperial next time.

-Obsoab
86716, Thanks! So you were that drow...
... That started with the banter all of the sudden. ;) Cool stuff. Hope you got some Arrna feeling from me. heh
86701, Well done Marshall
Posted by Kalisda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I recall the first time I met you actually. I was typing in a friendly hello and there it was, bash spam. That set the tone for pretty much my entire interaction with you, me running and you trying to bash me down. But the fact that you tried so many times to chase me made things fun, if for nothing more than passing time in the morning hours when the count is low as we were often 2 of maybe 4 hero range characters on. Sort of like a large game of hide and seek.

And of course I would try to lure you underwater just to eliminate the bashing, though I was always worried you would drive me up to the surface and then bash the hell out of me. Glad you never thought to do that, or maybe you could not, not entirely sure.

IC Kalisda disliked you quite a bit, but OC I thought you did a good job and you handled yourself well. Hope you come back with something equally good.
86704, I liked Kalisda. :D
And yeah, but not much else to expect from a Maran is there? If you have a red aura and the Maran sees it you either run or you fight. :D

And yeah, I could do that. But that once I got you there, you'd flee + by the time I got you there I would be distorted for certain. I did almost get you once though below water. Managed to get a nice rythm to time your songs with drive. :D
86697, Ffftt!
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll be honest and say I didn't really like this character at first. You
started slow out of the gate for me, and I found our interactions
sorta tedious. I'm not sure at what point things turned around, but
they did, and I ended up enjoying this character immensely. I hope
you had fun. :)

Your song:

There was a time when I trusted everyone
There was no place that I wouldn’t go
Spend all day on the hillside
Next to the barley mow
Oh once when I was little

-James Morrison, Once When I Was Little
86698, I'm SO sorry about fading out and deleting...
I REALLY had set out to age-die with this char. And yeah, I didn't really get my own role at first or how to RP it. Then I wasn't online for like 4 days, and thought a lot about the role and how to act. And BAM, suddenly I FELT as Arrna instead of just moving her around Thera.

Thanks for everything! I'll write more once I have time to post proper goodbyes.
86695, Im surprised this isnt age death or con death. nt
sf
86696, Last I checked, she had 3 deaths left
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And storm giants live a #### of a long time.
86700, Well, before I stepped down it sure was more... Leader con is the ####z. heh n/t
n/t
86714, And Iunna, I must ask...
... After I got the con-quest (thank you btw!) I did the whole Kteng thing. Some time later I started thinking that it wasn't the best idea ever... Just wondering if it was frowned upon?
86694, Couldn't live without me eh!?
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nice character but damned I got bored of the drive spam, did you not?

-----Abernyte
86699, Why did you think I deleted? ;) (joke)
Nah, I was only somewhat bored with Arrna. + I have so little time to play all of the sudden. Or more accurately, I need to run away from the comp far more often now with my son walking around everywhere now. So couldn't really play a high profile warrior unless I wanted to DC constantly. (Which I did a fair bit anyways.)
86749, RE: Why did you think I deleted? ;) (joke)
Posted by Liethkim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hah! So that's why you were always voiding out in the middle of our meetings. I thought I was boring you to death.