Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Drustrui the Grand Master of Changelings, Slave to the Queen
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86658
86658, (DELETED) [SCION] Drustrui the Grand Master of Changelings, Slave to the Queen
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Oct 10 13:20:28 2009

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Drustrui perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:139
86671, Boredom and poor future prospects
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The two main reasons for deleting Drustrui.

The basic premise behind Drustrui was his covetous nature. I based him on the kids I see at school who often take a poor group position just to be in a group of higher social standing. He loved pretty things and liked to collect them and these two things led him to the scions. In his mind they were the social elite of the lands in terms of power and influence. He later, through Mergulla, saw that there were ways of gaining ones own pleasure through the pleasure of others and so he became less 'evil unfriendly' and more 'evil cooperative' and helped kill mobs, gather eq etc for others.

The build was simple enough in its decision: Defense major because he almost enjoyed painful strikes but equally liked to recover from them quickly. Utility minor because I wanted the Cavefisher form as it was a way to be coveted by others for the forms uniqueness. On the same note, this was my 5 or 6 shapeshifter and I dearly wanted to gain a quest form but wanted it through the game and not the story writting contest like Xamekan and others have. It wasn't going to happen after I saw Lornis got one and my interest started to dwindle. Two scions in a cabal wont get quest forms, it just wouldn't happen.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the character and was very lucky with my forms, given Drustrui's liking for taking the painful hits. Every single form I had was a beat on me form, which led to an easy choice for an edge after cavefisher form ---> ricochet skin which I got good mileage out of.

He was never about PK or solo Pk although he could hold his own against pretty much everyone and even enjoyed the few fights I had against Ahtieli. He was more of an assitant who helped get the job done.....tied into Mergulla's religion I thought.

Goodbyes:

Fortress: Liked most of you and enjoyed fighting the majority, especially Arrna who came close to getting me a few times but never quite managed it, I don't think.

Outlander: You have great strength in numbers and seldom do much on your own. The exception being the three leaders. Quird got me in the desert one time and I was so annoyed. My wee boy started coughing until he puked in his bed and I dropped everything to bolt upstairs to get to him but you were decent enough with the eq afterwards so thanks. Yaniyule etc need to stop riding on the back of the ragers when it comes to raids etc....dull dull dull.

Empire: Never saw or fought many of you but Ahtieli and Gzurweeg I liked. Gzurweeg's player please accept my appology. As a player I felt like #### afterwards but Drustrui could not pass up the opportunity because you caught me in a guild afk and waxed me badly before this. I am just glad you bounced back.

Tribs: See Empire, though I did like Artenno a fair bit. I am glad I came across as a 'learner' character as Drustrui's RP was all about not coming across as knowing much or being dazzling but always knew enough not to get smoked.

Nexus: Biklaha and Ix-gnome were both good at being Nexuns. You aided me against the fort and then attacked me the next time we saw each other and even when we were both hitting malakhi at the same time.

Rager: Only one stands out as what I feel a villager is and his name escapes me at the moment (typical!) but he was the svirf drillmaster Bartis? Everyone else in that cabal sucked.....and I do mean the current commander too. He jumped me and raided with outlanders too many times to be considered anything else.

Mergulla: I tried to being you gifts etc and had amulets of dragonkind and stuff to give My Queen to please you but just never seemed to catch you on and after leaving stuff in the throne room after a prayer before and you had no recollection of it, I wanted to hand them over in person. Thank you for the rewards you did give me. Portal adept was awesome and the Volley boost was cool too.

Scions: Lornis and Frismund I liked a lot and between the three of us we could pretty much do anything. Loved helping out with the eq gathering frismund and wish you all the best for the future. Sorry I wont be there to help.

Post and I will reply.

-----Abernyte

P.S. I think I am done with shifters now as I don't ever forsee myself being on enough in Imm times or writing a good enough story to get a quest form and that has been my underlying goal with the last few shifters. I know it is not the be all and end all but I think it would be cool and was my player motivation to play them.
86673, If it makes you feel any better
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It took me 10 years of playing shifters to get a quest form. We can't all
be Lightmage, I guess. :p
86678, Thanks!
Posted by Bartis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's a pretty interesting role idea you had. I really like it when you can take RL events and mold them into roles. Even if it was just your small observation of students (I'm guessing you're a teacher?) you were able to take that, forge it with some creativity and come up with a nice angle on character. Well done! And, thanks for the compliments.
86679, Yeah, I was SO close! Though I think I got you once!
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anyways, I really enjoyed fighting you. :D Great deal of fun. And we had some small RP sessions. Though we did have a week were we really seemed to tick eachother off oocly. That sucked, and it was my bad really. But already appologized for that.

Anyways, good char! :D Good luck with your next.
86769, Yeah, I remember you did now. That damned tattoo silenced me just as reverted to word from a ganging in the chasm~
~
86788, Yeah, I just found the log... What a gangdown. :(
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But, it's war, and ganging wasn't below Arrna. As you and so many others noticed. I'll post it.
86682, So long man.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I like you a lot and always have as a player. I was pretty shocked to get the form so young, but it is also something I have never done. It is fun to have. I wish you had stuck it out, but i understand your thinking, though I'm not sure its true. I'm also not sure how long I'll be around anyway, I'm not as young as I used to be, nor as healthy. Anyway, good luck with what you do next. The chasm will miss your presence.

Lornis
86685, Good luck with your next.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And while you desecrate the Village with your next scion shifter, spend some time reading the texts in the BattleRager War Room. :) I tried to explain how retrievals and raids work to you in game after you called me pathetic, but I guess it wasn't clear.

Seriously though, no hard feelings. IC/OOC insults like yours are just one of those things that sucks about playing a battlerager. :P

Good luck with your next!
86688, I am aware of the 'guidlines'....
in the village and have never been a massive fan of them. The one change that Thror brought in which, to me, left it open for shady goings on in raids.

The parity aspect in a rage is not an issue I had with Malahki but the fact that it was cross-cabal ganging is my issue.

When I played villagers it was all about the pride aspect of the village doing things on their own and not accepting handouts and ridealongs from other cabals. Hell I even left the orb of magic on the ground when it was given to me by a sylvan warder who thought the village had a better chance of defending it. To me, if I did not earn it I am not taking it.

If it was you and another rager I would not have been bothered but it wasn't. It was you and a dark-elf outlander shaman who was with a dark-elf outlander muter who was fighting me at my cabal and you jumped in on me after having already fled away from our first encounter.

It is probably my old school rager views that too deeply ingrained in me to wash out but I saw it as pathetic. I can't help having higher village standards than others but it is also that which keeps me away from the cabal that I once loved.

No hard feelings, we just come at it from different sides.

-----Abernyte
86771, Very cool
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I definitely pegged you for a bright-eyed-explore-happy new player at first (much like myself). Then suspicions started to creep in. I thought you played very well. Good work.
86783, RE: Boredom and poor future prospects
Posted by Tangni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Cavefisher and Komodo with that edge is an icky icky form combo, was fun fighting you when I had a chance though, I think our times didnt mesh up a lot to allow fights or something, but you were definately nuts. Good char, gave off the scion vibe that shows true creepy evil instead of griefer evil. GLWYN
86848, RE: Boredom
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Gzurweeg's player please accept my appology.

Apology is not required. It's not like you cheated or broke RP. We were enemies and the winner takes it all.
It could be worse, imagine Arrna or beront doing that *facepalm* :)

> As a player I felt like #### afterwards but Drustrui could not pass up the
> opportunity because you caught me in a guild afk and waxed me badly before this.

Perhaps you felt like #### aftewards but not the moment it happened. The moment it happened I think it was mix of rush and ecstasy.
Me killing you earlier (6 weeks prior to this) has nothing with it (and you weren't AFK, just sleeping unshifted). I really doubt you would do anything different had I never killed you. Maybe you would loot less, but who cares about things when you lose your unholy?

That was a long session and I was somewhat tired. I went to raid the Chasm and as soon as I hit the Archmage marans struck Vanquisher trying to retake the Orb. The whole event took more than ten ticks of me bouncing between you and them and I missed the fact that iron grip is about to fall. And sure it DID fall one tick after I got myself slept.
To be fair, while in this particular case it was very bad luck and stupidity from my side, the whole scenario could happen several times before. Can't stretch my luck forever.

> I am just glad you bounced back.

It's impossible to bounce back. This is not how the AP works.

Some constructive criticism:
We didn't really interact though we grew through ranges at the same time. You were Soo insignificant and I'm surprised that it took so long for you to delete. This character was pretty much a waste of disk space. :)
140 hours in 5 months of total boredom? Eh...
Stop making useless imm whoring chars, just roll a rager or something and PLAY.

GLWYN
86854, Insignificance
When you read some of the role you will see that it was the angle I was going for. Drustrui was designed to be a manipulator and facilitator and rarely a go and get them type. Coming after you was a throwback to my usual character style of play and another reason for not advertising what had happened was the wish to remain an 'insignificant' character. Nothing gets you killed more than being 'significant' in Drustrui's opinion.

Who knows that is next.....maybe an outlander so you can kill me again.

-----Abernyte
86926, RE: Boredom and poor future prospects
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Drustrui was fun. The getting Gzurweeg's unholy I think was pretty dumb luck but still pretty effing cool. That first time we hung out in my shrine I have to admit I was cracking up a little at your pedophile dance, but I'm pretty much ready and willing to roll with anything. I am sorry that our times didn't line up better. If I was around in the early AM I'd try and watch you but then again there's not a lot of people around that early so there wasn't much for you to do.

I will say just a bit of constructive criticism and that is that your emotes in form made my eyes bleed. It's really easy to turn "A cavefisher forgot he can do this" or "A cavefisher is ready." or things like that into actual rp emotes like "A cavefisher digs its many legs into the ground, its mandibles oozing poison in preparation for combat" or something like that. Just something to think about, when we're talking about the caliber of player I look for to give a quest form to.
86933, Thanks for the feedback
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are not the only one who cringed during that dance thing. I paniced a bit and was annoyed at you not getting the gifts I had brought previously. I stupidly left them as offering rather than gifts. There was a selection of really nice para-elemental pieces. My keyboard's batteries also died halfway through so that did not help the panic at all!

The Gzurweeg bit was half dumb luck and half player composure. I don't know many shifters who use dispel magic much, let alone have fumble practiced. Thanks for the RP session after wards and the gifts.

As for the emotes. I had already pretty much given up on Drustrui before I remembered that shifters with sufficient exp can emote. It was cheap and gamey rather than atmosphere improving emotes but I take your points on board.

-----Abernyte