Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grumbol Grimblade the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86426
86426, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grumbol Grimblade the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Sep 30 17:38:32 2009

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Grumbol perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:177
86495, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Grumbol Grimblade the Lege...
Posted by Menthias on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sucks you deleted, I didn't actually see you all that much, or spend that much time with you, but when I did, you definitely reminded me of a dwarf. Really good roleplay, and you were a great characeter (maybe some would say beast if dupmasione wasn't around to show everyone up, lol)

GLWYN
86427, Fark'n Dwarves!
Posted by Grumbol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well Grumbol was kind of a comeback character for me havent played seriously in over a year. He started off really well, but my warriors never do that well at hero unless they are ragers. I hate prepping and am too aggressive to deal with playing non-rager warrior at hero. Always had this vision of playing a dwarf with soul of the mountain, two gilamdrings, full pwents, bunch of other +hp gear, strange bracers and having the crusader symbol would be a beast. Sadly I never was able to put that together. Also new found respect for goodies, though they are definately not for me. So used to being able to kill what I want for gear, not being able to kill neutral mobs or neutral players sucked. I'd love to know how some of these goodie players are able to get these uber sets, because it always seems like some other good or neutral have them already. Thanks to Baer for marinating me. Thanks to Arrna, Dupmasione the beast, Lorn, Ilobe, Menthias, Foranos, Baog and probably a bunch of other goodies I can't remember for making my Fort experience a good one.
86428, I the player knew, but Kaskin the character didn't.
Posted by Kaskin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That some hero goodies would fly off and slay neutral mobs for gear to give it to me.

OOC I thought it was terrible, IC I didn't see how Kaskin would know about the chief and all his uber stuff.

So yeah I hear you on the goodie gear.
86433, At the end of the day its just gear.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its pieces of eq that make your hit dam higher. As long as you can find any shallow role reason to get it IMMS won't generally punish you for it unless they're having a bad day/week/month/year/life.

Dern is mad because he voluntarily lives with drow.

Dern needs a mercy slaying because he is insane from his captivity.

I go to talk to Dern and he attacks me and I'm a goodie, he needs to die before he can harm others.

I don't know where the spiked gear is from friend gnome, obtain it for me and I shall give you these two boas I looted.

I mean don't kill goody mobs for gear, sure. But everything beyond that can be played with as long as you have role justification in the back of your head for whenever bad-day-haver starts power tripping.
86464, RE: At the end of the day its just gear.
Posted by ORB AKA Grumbol on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As Grumbol I thought I could get away with challenging Thrym for the skull sword when I was younger. Figured Thrym was a blood thirsty barbarian and the duel excuse could work. I got a lecture from the Commander about it and he wasn't even logged on that day. So either an Imm commented to them about it, or could be an assassin ratted me out like a little girl. Either way after that I completely stayed away from killing anything but Evil.
86430, Well Played Dwarf
Posted by Baog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You see some imm comments about how 'so and so is a human in a dwarf/felar/giant suit' and so on. I doubt you'll have any such comments in yours. Yours was a very well played dwarf and I know for Baog a very welcome member of the Fortress. Sorry it didn't work out for you this time. I know the feeling well enough. GLWYN.

--Baog
86432, Good Fights...
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You could be a really tough foe sometimes and you hit pretty good. Good job from what I saw.