Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Nephi the Shapeshifter Adept
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=86256
86256, (DELETED) [None] Nephi the Shapeshifter Adept
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 25 12:38:45 2009

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Nephi perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:35
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:27
86263, Ah man.
Posted by Kaskin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was taking you under my wing. Now I'm stuck with Kelyurn! (Just kidding Kelyurn heh)

I was hoping to help you understand things a little better with Nephi rather than just saying OOOOH animal spirits you're in! (I've had roles with that idea before) You just didn't seem to have that angle nailed down.

I'm glad you pledged when you were 30. But even that is kind of late in the game for me. I don't like people that seek a cabal out later in their lives it reeks of powergaming in most cases. I for one wouldn't even talk to a pledge who came after 30.

Anyway. I didn't get that from you and had fun with Nephi. I hope I wasn't too over bearing.
86264, RE: Ah man.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't get why people look so askance at pledging late. Sure, you escape the responsibility of raiding and retrieving, and some built-in enemies.

Then again, in many cases the same people who would be your enemies if you were caballed will still be attacking you as an uncaballed person. You miss out on powers, on free gear, and on people who are role-bound to help you out ranking-wise.

Seems like a wash.
86265, It's not even close to a wash.
Posted by Kaskin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You keep your gear and aren't inconvinienced by having that perfect ranking session broke up. Then you come in and in some cabals like Tribunal you out rank someone who's spent rl hours walking a beat.

Sorry. No love for the slacker, Wich Nephi wasn't. He just seems new.