Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Izazen the Viewer of the Spheres
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=85800
85800, (RAGE DELETE) [NEXUS] Izazen the Viewer of the Spheres
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Sep 8 16:22:11 2009

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Izazen perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:conjurer
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:63
85805, A failed experiment
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I had grand ideas for my first Nexun in a very long time (since I hadn't played one since the cabal was made) - a super air elemental, able to swap between sides anytime, nightgaunting, and general village pillaging.

What I got was a super air elemental (I should have never taken sympathetic conjuring near the end - no circle in the air + super air elemental = random horrible horrible 1 round deaths) that hit my bondmates (along with demons) and got out-tanked by Bambi - which led me to RP suicide rage-posting after his Nth kill of me because he kept taking gear he never needed and rubbed it in my face each time. Once you've gone down that route and become the next Ahtieli forum junk, it's time to delete.

I also got to learn that nightgaunting works about 1 in ever 10 times because you can't add mana to the binding (but can the conjure) and if people are too hurt it also doesn't trigger. Villagers generally didn't have a shot against me if I was ready but it takes a ton of work to get that far (granted I could spend 1300 mana on an air elemental and 0 on binding and it'd be fine). It's not really an easy option for neutrals.

I also learned how actually horrible the wand system can be - yeah I'm being blunt here, it fracking sucks. I went through over 30 areas looking for them with zero luck - the only places I knew they could be that I didn't check were three different area explores. I'd say I'm a pretty knowledged person but when I'm rattling off my list IC to multiple people and they just end up saying "well that sucks, you knew more than I did" something isn't right. It's also wrong when all the hero shifters all complain because maybe one or two have one of their wands. I don't have a fix but changing having to check 10-15 spots to 50+ spots is crap. God knows I'll never play another AP until the lists get updated over the next few months but until then I'll stick to villagers and non-wand classes.

About being a Nexun....well, it was exactly what I expected. It's like playing a non-caballed evil who has to battle making everyone an enemy all the time. Perfect example was Arrna just randomnly killing me while I'm ranking on skeletons with an archangel saying "Oops". I avoided using gauge maybe once or twice because I knew I was making a mistake so likely I was viewed as a bad Nexun - I also traded wand help for not attacking someone during the balance, but honestly I'm not about to run into Ahtieli+Imperials when I can't find any wands either. I avoided pking for the most part because I had no wands beyond the random non-sleek or sleek I got from a kill. Also I knew as a Nexun that exploring wouldn't be a real option (since people usually explore when they're in power, Inferno especially) which just sucks.

So yeah, not a great showing on my part - I hope my janni made people laugh (btw, very overpowered familiar compared to the rest) and some of the Nexuns enjoyed my presence....if I ever saw any. Dead cabal lately.

Hopefully I come up with something better next time - god knows it won't use wands.

Let's end with my last death.

<549/549hp 239/1383m 666mv 20284tnl <7 PM>> c 'bind elemental' air 100
An air elemental says 'I will not bow down to you, mortal!'
You yell 'Help! I'm being attacked by an air elemental!'
An air elemental's blast *** DEVASTATES *** you!
That really did HURT!
That really did HURT!
An air elemental is in perfect health.

<234/549hp 69/1383m 666mv 20284tnl <7 PM>>
A transplendant archon sings praises to the light, blessing you.
A warm feeling fills your body.
That really did HURT!
An air elemental buffets you with a controlled blast of air!
An air elemental's blast of air sends you flying!
Over The Canyon
Below you the thin line of the Nanthor river wanders through the canyon.
Adjacent to it, layer upon layer of dirt lies etched away by its timeless
flow. The mountain peaks rise all around you across the horizon and the
view of the canyon takes your breath away.

(Gold Aura) A well dressed traveler hikes here.
A bejeweled janni has arrived.
You flee from combat!
An air elemental's buffeting >>> ANNIHILATES <<< you!
You have been KILLED!!

You have died, but the Carrion Fields are not finished with you yet!
Your soul is returned to the realms in the form of a ghost.
You will return to your corporeal state in a short while.
Be careful, for even a ghost should fear some dangers!
85806, liked you a lot
Posted by Abzyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have no idea how my face brightened when suddenly there was this other rank 40 nexun. Being a conjurer wasn't bad either -- awesome ranking here we come! And we did some nice ranking.

Absolutely loved the janni RP. He was a funny little bastard. I felt bad for your wand sitch but it was clear you knew way more wand spots than me so I couldn't help.

Too bad.
85807, Why do Conjurers need wands?
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously.
85810, Very easy answer
Nexuns fights against bad odds so you need any bit to help.

In being neutral, your servitors don't exactly like you. Sure a devil will give you aura/barrier, but the damage output sucks without the demon and the devil will turn on you very easily since you flee a lot. The archon, if I was lucky to get a transplendant for 1300 mana (mostly luminous), sucks at healing as a neutral in my opinion and sanctuary wasn't always immediate....I remember getting it 3-4 rounds in once when I was at 100hp. I found that angels would strike me a lot more than demons ironically.

Being a Nexun helped more than I think (rumored servitors are stronger based on balance) but it sure didn't help enough to warrant chasing down any people with or actively seeking them out. Once or twice I had an option to fight an orc/villager/etc with my servitors but I'd get 1-2 rounds and have to flee. I don't play the game to prey on the bad players, I like fighting the skilled ones - and that takes wands, plain and simple. I could have toughed it out but after raging about Bambi multi-killing me, I was just done.

Having the janni infront a lot helped.
85815, RE: Very easy answer
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Being a Nexun helped more than I think (rumored servitors are
>stronger based on balance)

This is more or less correct, and I usually make a point that Nexus leaders (when I'm the one who leader them) know this and can tell new conjurers about it.
85839, RE: Very easy answer
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you mean servitors in general are stronger when the veil is thin?

Or that only nexus members' servitors are stronger when the veil is thin?

Or do you mean that nexus members' servitors are stronger when the good/evil and chaos/order meters are balanced?
85841, RE: Very easy answer
It's a fair question and I made a mistake by not being more specific.

Essentially, a Nexus conjurer receives bonuses when conjuring/binding servitors of the "losing" side. This never hurts them.

Let's say it's Empire O'Clock, and evil and order are both winning. If I'm a Nexus conjurer, I get a solid bonus in conjuring/binding angels (which are good and chaotic) and a small bonus in conjuring/binding archons (which are good) or demons (which are chaotic).

If you're conjuring 'against the grain' on both cases, you're roughly on par with a conjurer of the 'correct' alignment and ethos for that servitor.

Note that once the servitor is bound, it still reacts as it would to a normal neutral conjurer. In other words, if using the above example I bind an angel but then turn around and start murdering paladins with it for some reason, the angel is going to get pissed pretty fast as it always does when forced to do so.
85808, RE: A failed experiment
A lot of your assumptions about the mechanics of a lot of things don't reflect how things actually are.

But, I'll be honest, I have zero interest in discussing or arguing about any of it, so I'll leave it there. Good luck with your next.
85811, Gotta love it
"You're wrong, because I work in the code, but not gonna say why."

Why bother replying then?

edit: Eh I'm just in a bad mood over this character and your response doesn't help in the slightest.
85812, he's as constructive as dwoggurd. nt
Posted by jhyrb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
85814, RE: Gotta love it

>Why bother replying then?
>

Because if I don't, in six months someone will be quoting your conjecture back to me as a reason why something is broken or needs to change.

Probably that'll still happen.
85816, RE: Gotta love it
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or you could just solve the guys problem. Its not like he isn't trying, or hasn't put his head to it.

Bleh. This is childish nep, and you know it.

Just tell the man.

Yes he doesn't get it, I can think of a few of his posts where he doesn't get it. But faulting him for trying and coming to the wrong conclusion is not only not helpful its downright BLEH.

Bleh.
85819, Eh.
Some days I don't have the energy for a forum argument.

Some days I don't have half an hour to write the post right.

Some players I'm more inclined to help; others I feel owe me something more than I owe them something. I have the above kinds of days more with those kinds of people.

If what you're saying is that on those days I shouldn't post at all, maybe you're right.
85838, Lots of Love here!
Posted by Uncle_Arzzra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really do think you do a wonderful job even if you rub me assbolutely the wrong way. You do a hell of a lot and I respect that. That said nerfing Orcs bloody skins seems sad because God knows, pun intended, they could use the help.

Cheers,
Arzzra.
85842, It's cool
I'm not in danger of running off or anything -- just, like everyone else, I have days where I'm more or less patient.
85840, RE: Eh.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Give me cvs access and I'll field questions all day long. :)
85843, RE: If what you're saying is that on those days I shouldn't post at all, maybe you're right.
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Advice that seems to have taken a while to sink into me. But I'm doing better for it.

Just yah don't reply to that stuff if it really gets at you. Come back and look at it later.
85809, Yeah... That was really really embarassing... :(
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure if you know the orders in the fort... But let's just say that I broke them severely + I did what Arrna preaches that you never should... (Look before you attack...)

I've got highligts for evils and for some reason I had you highlighted. Major screwup by me there. It's kinda hard to appologize for killing someone ICly... ^^ Hope the little bit of lvling helped at least.
85820, Not trying to be a #### here...
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...but you suck at wands. End of story.

I thought the new system blew ass (100 locations WTF!!!) but honestly, unless you have your head straight up your ass, you should be able to find at least one sleek AND limited wands are in. Like, a lot. In fact, I've been doing my part to literally tell everyone I give a limited wand to or someone who sees me using it where it is, how to get it, etc.

Interacted briefly with this char. I liked the RP.

85827, Half agree and half disagree
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Two mages I had since the new system and one has used barrier attunement. The barrier attunement has found 3 new locations after huge amounts of hours and discussion with others IC.

The other has spent just as long and has not even found his sienna.

Go figure, to use an Americanism.

-----Abernyte
85832, Same
My last AP had found his amber but couldn't find anything else (and got along by having a gnome shapeshifter give him sleeks and using non-sleeks). The next mage I found my sienna and amber.

I couldn't find #### on this guy.

btw, gotta love underwater spots for races with hydrophobia.
85828, That explains the caustic reply to my sleepy misinformed post~
~
85831, Yeah sorry, just bitter~
~
85844, No worries. Pm me on Dios some time to chew the fat over conjurers and their edges~
~
86198, RE: A failed experiment
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a safe way of conjuring in a room without circles, be it water or air.
85804, Bleh.
Posted by Rhyaldrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your rp was awesome. It was fun running around with you and your familiar. Wish you would have stuck it out. Good luck with the next.