Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Merflis the Caller of the Pack
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=85119
85119, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Merflis the Caller of the Pack
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 24 21:07:28 2009

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Merflis perished, never to return.
Race:wood-elf
Class:ranger
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:74
85124, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Merflis the Caller of the Pack
Posted by flatline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was an experimental character since I only had about a week to play it when I rolled him but all in all I was pretty pleased with how the expertiese played out, wasnt sure about animists and figured I would take a look at them, I think with a bit more time and trial and error I would have a better idea as to what they are capable of, but all in all I was pleased.
The past three/four months has been a blast, and although my original plan to stick out with one character through them didnt pan out I did manage a few firsts for myself, so still moving forward, got a warrior up into the hero ranges, managed the same with a mage and since I only knew vaguely of a few wand locations previously, I at least can say that the change made to the sleeks really didnt affect me in the slightest, and once I had detect artifact it gave me something to do with quiet time.

Yet again I have to give a huge thankyou to the staff for breathing life into the game which is still evolving. A thankyou too for the players who keep the game fun, even if it is me panicking when I check where and see a bunch of folk in my pk range seemingly gunning for me, nothing like a burst of adrenaline.

Will be about three/four months now till I get back and roll another, so till then, all the best.

85155, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Merflis the Caller of the Pac...
Posted by Elmtas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was a little scared that you would be the only person standing in my way in the 32-45 range. I can rest easy now it seems. Good times chasing you around! When you finally practiced those spells and used them on me, I totally freaked out. How did you stop my bear charge? Everyone kept telling me it was zephyr but I do not think so.

Anyways, hope no hard feelings with Elmtas (I decided to role-play as an asshole) and I cannot wait to see your next in the fields! Good luck!
85170, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Merflis the Caller of the Pac...
Posted by Merflis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No hard feelings at all, to be fair it was fun having a semi-nemesis around that I knew would come for me at some point, kept life interesting to be sure, though I didnt have a written role for the character, I had a definate attitude and I would like to think personality for him. Good times.
I dont think zephyr was the clincher on your bearcharges, I could be wrong, but as for bash type attacks all I noticed it doing was blinding the enemy sometimes (when I remembered to put it up) that said it was a handy spell for the other functionality. My evade was at something like 84% which could'nt have hurt matters, and I was fairly thourough about keeping the weather bad which seemed to give me swampmire action out of the swamps in some places which helped quite a bit.
I was a bit shocked at how the fights changed so suddenly to be honest, from me being chased and run ragged to them taking a swing in my favour and it was fun to see the changes in the tactics of our fights too, when you started serpent-striking me I was fairly sure you were going to burn through my flimsy pile of hit points in no time at all.