Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Slorinek Kevverek the Menkyo
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84808
84808, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Slorinek Kevverek the Menkyo
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Aug 18 01:20:28 2009

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Slorinek perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:98
84897, Alright
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Who are you, and what did you do with shamanman.

Couldn't tell it was you, lacking the corpses strewn all over eastern effect.

Seriously though, I ranked and fought with this character and liked him alot. Even if there were times I thought nexus should be pandering to my demands and was instead chasing me around. =D

Cool char shams, glwyn
84856, Only PC I managed to kill while using a bow
Posted by Tyraniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, that was fun to actually manage once. It was when you came at us when we were raiding the Palace and you tried to assassinate the wood-elf bard just after we finished the Inners.

Between you and Kohrzeck, I really disliked the Nexxans and just started to assume you were hunting me if I ever saw you in the same area.

By the way, hunters are very easy to escape from because they have NO lagging moves of any kind that I could figure out.
84857, Aimed shot at the head, no?
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I may be wrong but I always thoughts thats lagging trick.
84877, Not as far as I know
Posted by Tyraniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can only speak from my viewpoint of fights, but as far as I could tell, none of the aimed shots or serpent strikes with the staff did any lagging at all. And hunter bearcharges do absolutely nothing to lag victims. Lash was the only remotely possible option and it's so unreliable on rangers that it would be a real crapshoot if it worked.

It's possible one of the timed attacks with the staff might do something, but never got the chance to use it in a pk. And it's unlikely that it would do anywhere near the 4 rounds of lag that the attack takes when you use it (3 before, 1 after).

It's actually one of the frustrations I have with the game: no real knowledge of the actual mechanics of skills of some classes. By that I mean I've never had OOC friends to beat on with various classes to tell me what the effects were and hunters were rare enough that you seldom see them in posted logs.
84889, Timed attack is a good one for sealing kills nt
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
84896, If it were nit so easy to prevent and/or see coming. Nt
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nt
84813, More fun of a ride than expected,
Posted by Shamsguest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed Slorinek immensely. Though I owe a huge thank you to Calbaseeti and Kyaltaru for helping me rank.

I learned a lot about assassinating, and I think if I made another, I could do pretty well. However, as the character got older, I had a hard time sticking with nexan morales. Especially the past couple of sessions, I killed some people who really shouldnt have died, I got some warrants that I really shouldnt have gotten, and while I still maintained the right people as primary targets, I failed to really carry through with them. Furthermore, I really should have written a role. I originally intended to just rank up and toy around with assassinate, I didnt foresee getting drawn into roleplaying like Calbaseeti did to me. I made up a role on the spot, but never put it to paper, and regretted it for the entirety of Slorinek's life.

I've never been good with individual goodbyes, but I will post my thoughts on Slorinek.

Holy damn should I have done my kicks. Kyaltaru's expression was priceless when he found out I was lvl 40 and hadnt started side kick yet.

Assassinating just isn't that complicated. I think people assume that a whole lot more goes into it than it actually does. I approached it pretty straightforward and had surprising success.

I'm sorry to the people I was bitter to later on in the character's life. I sort of had a downwards spiral in the past couple of days.

That said: Kegren, I really wish I could say anything positive about you. I have no idea how you are still a tattooed goodie. Blows. My. Mind.

Malakhi, You started off cool, and god damn were you hard to track(a few times when I was doing so, I was just sloppy), but after you cranialed me down while fighting Kegren, I lost almost all respect for you.

Tarleton: I loved you man. You were hilarious and I like how well you took the nexan thing in stride. We were best friends or mortal enemies dependant on the day, and you were down with that.

Nexans: I generally liked all of you. Ixralleinda and I were a force to be reckoned with, I loved Kyaltaru and Calbaseeti, the young ones seem like they're pretty cool too.

Thats all for now. Post and I'll respond.
84816, Well... there goes the Island.
Posted by Kyaltaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Poor Nexus!
84821, After last night
Posted by Arianzae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And all the deaths and flags you were taking, I knew it was only a matter of days before you deleted. You seemed to completely lose focus, and after you came at me with the lion, I knew it wasn't in character and you were just blowing off a lot of steam, and I was the one who happened to get in the way. Whatever, it happens to all of us and I didn't really hold it against you.

On a different topic, I kinda feel that if Chaos is tipping and you're a wanted Nexun, you should be forced to turn yourself in or lose the flag or something. It seems kinda wrong.
84824, That was more or less my rule.
Posted by Kyaltaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I said if you were wanted, you were to slay the orderly to fix the scales and not just lay your life down like a coward for standing up for the balance. That was my perspective on it.
84905, That's not what I meant
Posted by Arianzae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I meant when Chaos was the majority, it seemed rather odd to go around with a flag and to fight in town. IMO it just seems a little wrong.
84826, RE: After last night
Yeah, that was the start of the downward spiral. Which seems to happen a lot with my characters, when they should be held to restrictions.

RE: Paladins getting wanted, etc etc.

One day I should really buckle down and play a character thats difficult for me to act as. And stick with it.

I genuinely liked you, however, and tried to show that more today.
84830, Can't agree with that one
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just don't break the law during that period.

I find it ironic that Kyaltaru would be breaking the law because chaos was tipping.
84890, Better clarify
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's not a dig at him. It just occurred to me that for a nexus bard to fight a chaotic person in the city, he pretty much has to break the law.
84832, ehhhh
Posted by Oethipius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I feel I should say something, but I don't really know where to start, so I won't.
84919, RE: More fun of a ride than expected,
Posted by Neltouda on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Holy mother of saves. When I was ranking you in the mausoleum with that mismatched party we were calling a group, I still can't believe no one died. I don't use aliases, and man I was rushing to get aegis and healing and sanc and lifesurge on everyone. It was totally an ego boost for my healing. :P That time was also great for talking to you as well. I never checked to see if you had a role, I just assumed you did based on our talks. Generally speaking if Calb was doing something "nice" for you, the price was you had to talk to her, and man did we have some great interactions. After that it sort of seemed like you weren't around too much, and we never did get a great spark like that again. Although, I did greatly appreciate your constant "Blah blah is now dead", and then you'd move onto the next. Very well done and good luck with your next.
84810, I demand a hit list!
Posted by Ixy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you were really mad when we messed up in what I call now 'The Tarleton debacle' but it happens.

Glad to see you around once I got into Nexus. Probably the only person who played less frequently than me, I noticed you putting in a lot of hours lately and that tends to lead to burnout.

Good luck with your next.
84815, God what a fiasco that was. stxt
That just a fail. Oh well.

Thanks for running with me the few times we got to.

Assassination list is posted on the other boards.
84809, *groan*
Posted by Rhyaldrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were my favorite non-mage in the house. This just keeps getting worse.

Good luck with the next.
84814, RE: *groan*
You sure were a powerhouse at times. I didn't get to hang with you much, but damn did you hit hard. Too bad you always were missing those clutch cranials though:P.
84834, RE: *groan*
Posted by Rhayldrin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
hehe. sometimes when I see someone writhing I'm almost tempted to trip cuz 99.9% of the time that last cranial ends up missing. It's been a curse since the mid 30s.

Really going to miss you though dude. I was really looking forward to you and the ranger heroing up. Hope you enjoyed the time you had with us.