Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Kohrzeck the Caller of the Pack
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84732
84732, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Kohrzeck the Caller of the Pack
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 16 13:01:02 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Kohrzeck perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:ranger
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:93
84739, Later, and thanks
Posted by Catastrophic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun with this char. I hope I impressed (or at least entertained) my snoopers, at least relatively, the time I played Kohrzeck. I hadn't played a ranger since Marlehrn a bit ago and I thought I'd try one again. Nexus seemed on a downward spiral number-wise when I was deciding what to play, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Thoughts on rangers:
I regret picking survivalist. I picked it because I, mistakenly, thought survivalist was the only ranger spec that got snare. And by the time I realized that was misinformation, I was too high level to re-roll. Oh well.
Being a cloud giant was fun for bearcharge, but I thought I might have relied on it a bit too much (even though it often worked to seal kills).
Mountaineer is cool, no complaints there.

Nexus:
I like this cabal. I played the pinch-hitter Shubtar back when the whole Nexus new-age thing was going down and I liked the ideals back then, and still do. My only complaint is that I couldn't really justify hunting someone when I gauged perfect balance. God I hated that. :P
I didn't really know if I was doing well philosophy-wise. I guess I was, since no one yelled at me. :P

I think I bonded once or twice, both times with a druid, and I got zilch for doing so the first time, and then only prot_vs_ metals the second. I wonder if its working as intended.

Me:
I tried to make Kohrzeck a pacifist zealot that didn't hate anyone. If I killed or attacked you, I usually gave you a "no hard feelings, I just fight for the balance" type spiel. If you killed or attacked me, I gave you a similar deal. I think I did well in that department.
My role wasn't the most unique and interesting role out there, but I liked it. I wasn't so much a seeker of balance, but a seeker of the fight for balance. Kohrzeck would be sad when the world was at balance because there was no one he could "aid" in finding their inner flame. More on that if you want, in my role.

Goodbyes:
Nexus:
Abzyn - Faith brother! I'll miss seeing you around. It's always nice having a druid around and you seemed to know your stuff. I hope everything works out well for you.

Kyaltaru - Sorry I deleted on you. I felt like you and I connected on some level in terms of how we viewed the balance. You seemed like a dangerous person to have as an enemy. Keep trucking. It's lonely now, but it'll get better eventually.

Slorinek - I didn't really get to know you, but you seemed cool. I envied that you had your last name and I didn't know.

Battle:
Khiiral - I didn't like you from the moment I interacted with you. When I killed you that one time on Kiadanah, I literally took one weapon. And it was a weapon I was vuln to. Your bickering really turned me off.

Faeghn - A real up and comer from what I saw. Probably the toughest person I fought.

Outlanders:
Zaireh - You seem like a really deep and interesting character. I wish I wasn't so jaded on Outlander, or else I'd play something in there next. I'll definitely miss talking with you about faiths and stuff. Good luck.

Vynbar - Wish I had more chances to fight you, you seemed tough.

Hakdu - Thanks for the axe in my lowbie levels. I kept that thing forever, and ended up giving it away when I saw I had too many axes. I wanted to try my luck against you, but alas, it was not meant to be. Same goes for Sulye/Quird.

Iunna: Thanks for the interactions. I have to be honest, though. Did you find me interesting at all? :P It seemed like you were watching T.V or something when I'd talk to you. That, or I just wasn't interesting. I hope its the former. :P I don't know, maybe I wasn't getting your religion or something. I was always left with a "ok, I'm not sure how she feels about me" type feeling after our interactions. And then you talked to me about getting Rhyme and it sounded like you were sending me on a fool's errand to get rid of me and not have to tattoo me. I hope that wasn't the case.

Alright, on to the next I guess.

*puts on his "I love Jhyrbian shirt"*
84740, See below.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really did like this character a lot, and I'm sorry I gave you that
impression. Unfortunately sometimes there's a lot going on and it's
hard to concentrate (especially if I'm vis). The thing about Rhyme was
because I thought you'd make a good leader, not because I wanted you
to go away. :p Meh.
84750, RE: Later, and thanks
Posted by Vynbar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good fights dude. Its always fun to fight people who know what they're doing. You made sitting in forest areas nearly impossible because I was sure you could lag me out with bearcharge. However, I was also positive I could kill you given the right circumstances. Anyways, good luck with your next. See you in the fields.
84753, Not too happy with you right now!
Posted by Kyaltaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit man! I JUST asked you if you were in for the long haul, and then I get "Kohrzeck kind of offended Rhyme asks." =P

You and another in the Isle were by FAR my two favorite up and comers, you were tough, knew your business, and just came off as a complete and well-rounded quality character. I never got my transcript from the Buun either!

I'm going to really miss you, my whole Isle is falling apart *sigh*. Guess I have to just keep trucking, hope you come back with something else.

-Kyaltaru Tel'dethian
84736, C'mon, man.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I totally had you pegged for my next tattoo victim. WTF?
84737, RE: C'mon, man.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess that was enough to scare him off!

Cheers,
Jhyrb
84738, Cosign on the WTF nt.
Posted by Abzyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt