Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectHakdu deleted, I'm taking a break.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84691
84691, Hakdu deleted, I'm taking a break.
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well,

Hakdu was a fun ride. I rolled him with a very simple role. I never intended to do much RP with him at all, he was more simply a PK char. I think I did pretty well in the PK aspect of the game with him. But, when Mergulla cut out my tongue I wanted to turn it into a RP aspect for Hakdu. It got me thinking that I really like my RP chars a lot more than my hashed together kill stuff chars. So, in the end I've decided to pack it in (Hakdu was kinda boring and stale when it came to RP) and roll something with more substance.

Goodbies:

Outlanders

Quird: Love ya dude, you are everything I wish I had made Hakdu be.

Sulye: Keep truckin! you do a great job as nightreaver. However, you may want to consider lowering the standards for an induct on reavers. I was constantly plagued by tells from people who couldn't find reavers for rec's.

Tangni: You remind me of my last char: Sarien.

Lilorni: Sorry for deleting, I liked you! Maybe we'l get to hang in another life.

anyone I missed: sorry, lot of people, not so much time to write a post.

Enemies: Hakdu Smash!

IMM's

Baer/Merg: You are the only IMM I interacted with :P And, the only fort member to kill me! Kudos! hehe always fun, but when I realized that you ripping out my tongue would be the only RP aspect of my chars life over 180hrs...meh I was doin it wrong :P

Past Chars:

Sarien Thillusen
Panir Azzamen
Penz

and many more.

Cya!

84796, Your not sorry enough!
Posted by Lilorni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Along with losing Jokke, this is another big loss for Lilorni and the tree. As a player the people that have made the game worth logging into are almost all gone. :(

Your character was hilarious at times, Megula or whatever that scion imm's name is shouldn't have cut off your tongue. An outspoken Hakdu is just too funny to silence, however i might have understood if she should have cut those giant testicles that gave you the guts to keep going after followers near their god's shrines. Good stuff.

You definately knew your stuff. Thank you for taking the time in teaching me all that you did, i appreciate it.

Take care of yourself, and I wish you luck aswell.

84745, Arrna surely had some mixed emotions....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... You were a force that dealt a lot of damage to our enemies. Yet you hunted our Paladins and dwarves. And on one occation me as well. After first seeing you kill a dwarf and then assaulting me, Arrna decided that you and her couldn't be friends, not even allies. And thus we rarely spoke.

You were a beast you know! Insanely how long I lasted against you + Nado though. I had 50hps I think when Lorn came and healed/sanced me. 2 mins later I was fully healed and got bashed down by chieftan + villager. ;) rofl

Anyways, cool char! Hope you come back with something cool soon again!
84730, Sad to see this
Posted by Quird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were Quird's best giant friend, and if I'd gotten a chance to show you my garden there was something in it for you. Take it easy, see you next time.
84743, RE: Sad to see this
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That sounds hot.
84720, RE: Hakdu deleted, I'm taking a break.
Posted by Tyraniel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Never did much with you but figured that combination would rock with the approach you took. You seemed to be a lot more successful at raiding that most rangers are capable of. You took a much different approach to a savage than I've done in the past but it worked for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to to next.
84728, Savages
Savages are pretty neat. Although, in compared to other subclasses I'd consider them somewhat limited. At least with mountaineer terrain. I mean, I had no backrake/other bleeding skills. Pretty much I felt like a watered down greeting the avalanche warrior.

In the wilderness savage blow was hot. It allowed me to lag any class period. Which is how Hakdu won fights :)

-S
84713, Hey yo.
Posted by Rureuht on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fun times. You did well and I enjoyed the logs. I liked ranking and talking with you.

As for rangers, yes, boring. All those hours sitting there waiting for some schmuck to walk into the certain death bearcharge trap. It just isn't all that much fun.
84697, RE: Hakdu deleted, I'm taking a break.
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every time someone gets away because I miss a bearcharge I think to myself, "You know, if I were Hakdu this person would be dead." Heh.

As for the reaver wannabes...what are there like, two? And I've already been speaking to one. That reminds me, though, I should probably talk to the other guy.

I'm still a little confused on your reasons for deleting, though. If I have a character that's "working" PK-wise, I find its almost always easier to "add" role-play after the fact than to start from scratch. Now you're going to have rank up all over again.
84699, RE: Hakdu deleted, I'm taking a break.
Hakdu was getting stale.

Sure, I could land me some kills. I think I was 50+ kills 3 deaths upon deletion, dunno but I will buy the PBF. I think Hakdu was stale because pretty much my kills revolved around having a ton of DR, and simply lagging my opponent while I outmelee'd them. I dunno something about killing people with hakdu just wasn't all that exciting for me.

84692, Classy enemy, GLWYN
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I definitely had to keep that protective shield up when you were around. I avoided you most of the time due to unpredictable nature of savage blow. Sometimes it would not lag me, sometimes it would lag me a lot... and there is hardly a good way to protect yourself from it. What build were you? Savage/what terrain?
84701, RE: Classy enemy, GLWYN
I was a mountaineer/savage

in regards to savage blow, it has varying effects depending upon the terrain. Certain terrain is more laggerific than others.

-S