Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Krliln the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84424
84424, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Krliln the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Aug 8 18:37:34 2009

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Krliln perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:211
84429, Yuh.
Posted by Krliln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to try out a damage build, and so I filled it with firsts (fire giant, Trapping legacy, landslide legacy, axe warrior) and spent my whole life trying to get hold of Armaggedon and damage gear. Ignite was a way to boost damage up a higher, but it was hard work for me to get my damroll over 70, which I considered the tipping point. I knew some gear that would have helped me, but killing mobs was tougher for me with this build than I expected, and my allies weren't well suited for fighting in civilized terrain. I was newb to this build from top to bottom, and it showed.

There was lots of action for this character, for the only people who don't attack an Outlander fire giant on sight are Battle. All two of them. But paladins kicked my butt (are there like 400 prayer beads out there?), there were 6 active enemy bards, and to fight Tribunal I had to prep far more than I enjoy. In a typical raid of the Spire, I would be dodging Tribunal, Nexus, Fortress, and Scions. It was wicked fun, but knowing everyone would jump on me, I found myself eating mental preps when fighting warriors, just because I knew someone would show up as soon as I poked my head in.

Sulye, you are my kind of leader. Quiet, strong, and go it alone. On top of that, you radiate class.

Quird, you were knowledgeable, helpful, and inspiring. If the Harbinger spot were something that I had been asked about, you would definitely have been my choice too.

Tangni, I put 200 hours into this character this summer during some crazy weird hours, and I saw Calue once. You should be Sunwarden, hands down, unless you are a dillweed when I haven't been around.

Loz, you are skilled, but you are a monster. You remind me of someone who thought the best way to get a Gaping Maw was to be a dillweed to everyone you fought. I'd like to think I have an inaccurate snapshot of who your character is.

Hakdu, you are always ready to mix it up, anywhere, any time. I hope you keep at it hard, for it is rangers like you and Sulye that make coming to the Huntress scary for our enemies.

Aid-a-lich (I give up on trying to spell that thing) - Congratulations on becoming an avatar and having had a successful character. From what I witnessed firsthand, you were fair to your enemies, but I am glad you are no longer a PC, for I think it is outlandish that liches and mummies are so rare that each enemy cabal had one.

Oethipius, you've gotten a lot of immortal love, and at first I was confused how someone chummy with a mummy and pals with an antipaladin could get a Baer tatt (I heard you even gave him back his unholy!), but you are willing to take risks and you do roleplay with anyone who comes along. I wish good things for you.

Laugash, I have admired how you've mixed it up, and I felt so friggin guilty about taking advantage of you in Seantryn I almost deleted right then. Acting in a chaotic evil fashion does not come naturally, apparently. But to quote a movie I like, "Your enemies will know of your quality before ever they meet you." Great luck to you, sir.

Dupmasione, I think it is lame for a Maran to stand around in town with a mummy, and to admit to me, "I'm waiting for you to get warranted, and me deputized, so I can kill you." You certainly showed you could do it with ease, however, on many occasions.

Nexus, I have to echo a few other goodbyes here when I say that your bash/fiend first and explain the balance later made me just treat you like an enemy cabal, and I began to attack you on sight because I knew you could never be relied to even stay out of a fight that wasn't yours, let alone offer aid to me. A pox on your collective houses.

I never had any interaction with immortals, but then I didn't write many role entries, have inspirational roleplay, or hang out in anyone's shrine, and the Ancients are obviously still sleeping it off. It's a shame, too, for some of our best roleplayers have disappeared into Immland.

Grunt, and I'll Yuh back at you.
84430, With Eryndiahl
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

It seemed really easy to break 70 damroll. At one point with a certain item I was got 125. Was pretty crazy.
84431, Edit for Laugash
Posted by Krliln on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hamsah Mutazz, not Seantryn.
84455, 48
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why did you stop at 48, just short of your peak?
84456, Why waste time ranking to 51?
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not the player, but I can't see a lot of return on the effort. What do you get - 60 odd extra hit points, three levels worth of better saves, maybe one more train, and skills working slightly better against high level mobs, not sure if that's a complete list, but it's probably prett close. Short of coming across a perfect group that could blast through those levels, which as an evil outlander isn't the easiest thing, I don't see enough benefit to invest the effort (which is probably why my last hero only hit 51 to get detect artifact)
84488, Glad I could help out your curious build
Posted by Quird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I admit that I was as curious as to how powerful we could pump you up with those legacies. Surprised when you kinda maxxed out at devestates and it was so hard to push you over - especially considering the weight, average and price of wielding a very heavy weapon. Then the competition became 'can we find a light enough off-hand that'll let him be pimp with that ridiculously heavy 49 lb axe'. Heh, glad you enjoyed the ride. A shame you didn't stick out for some more pincer fun! See you in the fields.

And yeah, the Ancients are quiet at the moment. But again, I do take that as a good sign because they haven't gone out of their way to inform me of more than one persons bad behaviour.