Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84225
84225, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Aug 6 00:34:01 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Eldaran perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:38
84463, Hmpt...
Posted by Lilorni on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not sure how i missed this, anyways you showed my character something very important and i'm very grateful. Thank you.

Cabaled and Level 47 in 38 hours? Wow.

Anyways, GLWYN. :)
84465, RE: Hmpt...
Posted by Eldaran on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Its how I play shifters, power rank to final forms, since your very, very limited with what you can do with the first three tiers. Kind of wish I hadnt caballed him before getting the finals though, hate to walk away without doing anything, just couldnt bring myself to waste the time on rhino/wasp.
84226, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
Posted by Khiiral on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Were you that unhappy with the rhino/dragon? i thought you found one or two of your wands already...
84288, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
Firstly, and I hope whoever coded it doesnt take this the wrong way, the pseudodragon was nothing but a waste of edge points, I mean if you get the boulder hawk, or osprey it might be worth trading out, but the shikra or crag soarer are at least as good, if not better than the dragon, and since it was more expensive than wand attunement or spinning the wheel, that just seems off. I knew when I took the dragon I was pretty much going to be stuck with my final forms, as I had explored alot of the nicer places already for the edge points to get it. So along rolls rank 43, rhino, disappointed but I was willing to give it a go, and I have to say from what I saw the rhino is perhaps not as bad as some people have claimed. I get the Fortress to aid me on Calandaryl for my last air form, and bam giant wasp hits me in the ass. Just couldnt see any way to make rhino/wasp in any way feasible. To test the form I went for my amber, which quite a few of you know the location, I wont name it here, but lets says its on a semi-tough mob, and the wasp just couldnt kill it, I had nearly 800 hps, beastcalled onto him, and he still made me flee before dying, so I had to call it quits.
84475, I don't get it
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are complaining about wasp form?

Caztor slaughted people with that. Its poison is really a fight swinger.

Also, if you had to flee from this mob, couldn't you kill it by hitting it multiple times, or alternatively use your air forms to get non-limited wands?
84505, RE: I don't get it
If I am remembering Caztor right, I think he slaughtered with the tiger he had, or was it lion. The wasp has it uses I am sure, but when I cant kill Brensen with it, after beastcalling onto him, it just doesnt say final form. Not to mention its nothin but meat for nearly ever other final air form. I can think of two deadly wasps, neither of them had rhino, and one of them had bloody shackles, so you do the math.
84510, RE: I don't get it
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Flyto/pinch, dude.
84571, I wouldnt want a form though that cant fly indoors
Posted by CraftedD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Even if it has some nice stuff. It sucks when you cant fly inside someplace to hit someone. Unless they are stupid and just continue running into outside spots for you to pinch at.
84477, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
>Firstly, and I hope whoever coded it doesnt take this the
>wrong way, the pseudodragon was nothing but a waste of edge
>points, I mean if you get the boulder hawk, or osprey it might
>be worth trading out, but the shikra or crag soarer are at
>least as good, if not better than the dragon, and since it was
>more expensive than wand attunement or spinning the wheel,
>that just seems off.

You probably could have saved yourself some pain by reading my post on the announcement board about the form replacement edges.

I'll quote the relevant part here:

Although these forms (like most forms) have some cool combinations of abilities that make them unique, overall they are balanced with the forms they replace.
84478, Possibly also worth noting:
None of your draw of forms had regen.

Pseudodragon has it.

For the way I play, that's worth probably twice the cost of the pseudodragon form edge. For you, apparently not.
84504, RE: Possibly also worth noting:
Like I said in the original post, if you get osprey or boulder hawk, sure it might be worth that many edge points, but the crag soarer is a better form, and I would say the shikra is as well, but the regen kinda swings it. I mean c'mon, its a third tier form that isnt really defensive, its decent but nothing special defensive that is, and it hits and wounds with its strikes, maybe a maul or decimate thrown in, and thats against a foe with no resistance, and no thick skin. I am just saying, when compared with the cavefisher, it seems quite weak all around.
84507, But... but... it regens... nt
Posted by stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
84502, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Eldaran the Master of Changelings
Perhaps they were meant to be, but I know Drustrui rapes with that cavefisher, much moreso than any utility or offense form of that tier that I have ever seen. I know this becuase he farily handily beat my rager with it, devastating and maiming my cloud sword spec warrior quite alot. I think I tried at least twenty fights with the dragon form, never managed to get anyone past small wounds that I recall. This is with a/b/s and 700+ hps, just think its something that could be taken a look at. Toughen it up, or cheapen it or something, was just a suggestion. For what its worth, its pretty damn good for ranking, just not worth a damn for anything PK related.
84529, your aware that pseudo dragon is third form, fisher is final form... right?
Posted by quas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
do you really expect a final form to be comparable to a third tier form. the fact that it has flyto, sting, and regen is pretty nasty, especially if you don't draw a regen form the ability to pick one manually is just nasty as balls, who cares if it can fight at hero just use it to speed heal.
84569, RE: your aware that pseudo dragon is third form, fisher is final form... right?
Posted by Mreash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah there's a reason why people still use sand lizard at hero, and it's not because it kicks everyone's ass. Regen will often save your life if a situation goes bad, or enable you to flee and return faster than normal.