Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Meichelle Fuemmel the Mistress of Binding
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=84171
84171, (DELETED) [SCION] Meichelle Fuemmel the Mistress of Binding
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Aug 5 13:00:59 2009

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Meichelle perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:157
84241, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Meichelle Fuemmel the Mistress of Binding
Posted by Habbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate losing this character, but I have some concerns at home that I really need to focus on.

Meichelle came out of the gate like gangbusters once she hit the level to call some help, but oddly it seems like the more she leveled the harder it got to control the demons. With being chaotic I had planned to use devils rarely, but it got harder and harder to keep the demons from killing me off. They would come happy, and I thought most times I would get them happy, and they seemed fine, but then once they seemed to start to degrade it got bad fast. A lot of times I could get in a circle and be fine, but when it was really bad was the ones that would go past the timer. Some of them were IMPOSSIBLE to dismiss, and once the circles would start to wear down it was over.

Towards the end I was calling devils almost all the time, partly because I never found a single barrier wand, but mostly because ever time I called a demon I ended up shakled to a circle for half the duration or dead.

I had some ideas for what to try to start doing, and one of them tied in great with Scion and I was going to try to do a writeup on it assumig it worked.

I might (MIGHT) have been able to do well enoguh as an evil conjurer...some hurdles I needed to get over it were finding more tricks to keep strong demons happy and keep them there, and the damn wands. I had the sienna, but no amber or black. I have an aura non-limited most of the time, but no barrier ever unless I called a devil. This was a major pain since I almost always logged in to having no scepter and having one-three people to defend, in most cases along with a healer to back them up and keep the maran alive longer.

It also got really hard to level. I couldn't really find anyone to tank since they were almost all emperials it seemed.

Love the conjurer class, and if I can make it back to CF I'm sure it will be te first class I make. Goodie conjurers are far far far easier to play, and I really don't know that the options of having nightgaunt and having more targets is worth it.

Some goodbyes:

Nialonc - Damn I wish I hadn't lost track of you. We were together a lot starting out, but we had a family vacation where I was gone for 5 days or so and never saw you again. I wanted to learn more with you, and really wanted to see some of the explore places you knew so much about.

Various enemies - Not all that many of you landed kills, which was a big step up fo rme since previous character always seems to either run ang get away or kill me. This time it was mostly running away or dieing to me.
84299, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Meichelle Fuemmel the Mistress of Binding
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a very entertaining character to watch. Good luck with the next one.
84188, Sad to see this one
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had high hopes for you, but you really seemed to struggle with the conjurer class. We didn't have a chance to spend too much time interacting, but I watched you a fair amount. I did want to see a little more religious RP outside of the shrine, if I could make one small constructive criticism. Even just general evil stuff. I think you'd be surprised how much a little emote or comment can make a difference.

Good luck on your next!
84193, I'm also not happy to see this.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You and I had a lot of good interactions over the lives of our characters. We ranked up together a good bit and I think you killed me once when we were young? I was hoping we could go somewhere more with my RP mixed with yours but you didn't seem interested at all. I'm actually looking forward to your role. I was surprised in many ways that you weren't interested in RPing it with me especially since you follow the goddess of desires! haha. Oh well. I hope life turns around as I read your comments on DIO's. I also hope we have more characters together in the future.

Good luck with whatever comes next when it can!
84245, RE: I'm also not happy to see this.
It got hard to roleplay with you for me with you being a shapeshifter. A lot of times I would say something while you were in form, and try to wait for you to come back out but you would run off to a fight again, or I would try to wait for you to be out and miss you before you had run off.

The main time I remember you breaking out the RP it was a sexual type of start IIRC and Meichelle was going to have nothing at all to do with that, and I was trying to pass that on by flat out stonewalling you on it. I did miss out a lot of RP with you I thought as well, but it always seemed like when I had my hands full you had a chance, and when I was trying to talk you were busy (though admitedly almost all the time I was trying to talk it was about trying to find somewhere else to look for a wand)

I did kill you once early on, and then we traveled together a lot after that. Would like to travel with you again in a future character, although I am not sure if I will ever be back, the time I did scrape to play CF came with a price that I wasn't feeling until things came to a head and I realized I needed to stop or risk losing way more than what this character was or the enjoyment i get from playing the game in general.
84204, I'll echo this in part:
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I had high hopes for you, but you really seemed to struggle
>with the conjurer class.

My interest in Meichelle was more from the "Hey, is this going to be a tough non-good conjurer?" angle, and man, there were times when I thought you had it together and there were times that I wondered what you were doing.

I was hoping you'd really hit your stride one of these days.
84247, RE: I'll echo this in part:
I would love to hear more about the ones where you wondered what I was doing, and where it seemed like I was doing well as well.

I thought I might hit my stride someday, but the stumbling blocks wore on me. I remember one time I called a harmentia that was fine with me for a time, tried to get some pk and didn't find anyone and it started to move slow, so I went to balator and filled his ass up with practice weapons (weak, yes, but all that there was in the area at the time or any mobs I had been around trying to find a fight) then the demon turned on me before I could even walk out of balator.

Trip-ups like these were a big setback, because then I would turn more cautious to try to find a better process to get them happy. I really likes the Mors-Gravis, but that one seemed to be the worst about turning....I had tried to just kill a lot of stuff, and let it prog atttack on stuff, but it never seemed to help. I was most likely overlooking some things to make all the demons happy as I was trying to move around looking for a fight, but it completely overshadowed almost everything I was doing.
84243, Thanks
I seemed to miss you a LOT but I'mglad to know you were watching. I know there were a lot of chances to RP that I didn't take up on...namely berating angry servitors or ones that weren't doing what I wanted. A lot of what I wanted for my religious take on you fell to the wayside because of frustrations I guess, not with you, but with distractions at home pulling me away, or telltale signs that I needed to protect myself from a servitor.

This was my first evil character, so I wasn't totally sure how to approach religion outside the shrine other then being selfish and wanting things. A lot of it came in with the scepter, and not abiding by not having what was ours somewhere else, but that turned into a broken record of calling, pleasing, preping, and retrieving, then trying to hustle and do some othet stuff before the servitors started getting mad or it was time to retrieve again.

Thanks for the constructive critisim.