Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [SCION] Nakrasus Blackbeak the Student of Owaza
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83986
83986, (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nakrasus Blackbeak the Student of Owaza
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 2 20:31:36 2009

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Nakrasus perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:assassin
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:336
84035, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nakrasus Blackbeak the Student of Owaza
Posted by Nakrasus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the kind words so far. I played this character a LOT early on, like the first 200 hours or so I think were in a normal playing period, and then I dropped off to a constantly lower rate, once or twice a week at best. Good guess, I rarely play one character as I still consider myself new (only because CF's options are massive).

The character concept was a lot of pride and ego, he didn't think he was the best, he knew it. The first role I had got wiped out along with all of my gear in a bug. No refunds...but he was basically a trained fellow from an exclusive line of dark arial ninja folks, and it was supposed to be like "I chose scion as much as they chose to accept me", as if doing this was a huge favor to the scion cause. He didn't rank with anyone but Nakrasus for all those levels, his training was too advanced to be hindered by weaklings out of his clan. That should answer any questions regarding 336 hours in 42 levels ;) Make a scion, make as many enemies as possible, and try to find a good time to rank solo..lawl.

To those in scion, glad I could help, that is what I was there for but could not much say IC :) I started right around the end of Kharnal or ..not sure I can guess it right, but the tiger/mantis/camel scion chancellor. I saw absolutely no warrior classes in the cabal, or maybe just one who was on his way out, so I rolled Nak.

If he seemed like a ruthless hardass with a bad attitude to anyone but scions, someone you love to hate, then my mission was accomplished, but it's nothing personal if I pissed off anyone for whatever reason. Evil for the sake of evil is much harder to swallow than it is to dish out o_O

I lost my first 35 or so assassinates to a crash, but I don't much like posting logs anyway. I may throw up some nostalgia logs that make me look really more badass than I was. I never prepped with anything but stoneskin and protection at most, as those in that last fight could attest to.

Concerning those who killed me off finally: Damn, that was fast. I was going to just beat up the thief and dip. I got my orb out but there must be lag after the summoning to a circle, so kudos for killing a fast runner. Next time I'll hold it in combat. Enjoy the gear!

I'll respond to any posts for a bit anyway, see you all in the fields!
84037, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nakrasus Blackbeak the Student of Owaza
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We had some good skirmishes, and the one time you had me strangled and my link dropped I was very impressed that you didn't take advantage. When I could log back on several minutes later I was still there, starving and thirsting but otherwise untouched. Classy. Good luck with your next. Try a rager. Entirely different challenges for an assassin.
84038, RE: (CON LOSS) [SCION] Nakrasus Blackbeak the Student of Owaza
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Good luck with your next. Try
>a rager. Entirely different challenges for an assassin.

I'll agree with that. It's pretty interesting how some things get a lot easier and others get a lot harder.
83999, I really liked Nakrasus...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...And I've met you both as an enemy and an allie. ;) GOod char! A shame you weren't online that often.
83987, You weren't kidding.
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character whenever you were around, I really did. It just seemed to me that those times were few and far between. Like, you played Nakrasus once in awhile when your other chars were boring. Anyway, you struck fear into a lot of folks when facing that assassinate. Good job and come back with something strong for us!
83988, Yeah I've got to say...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I 100% support Lornis wanting to throw Nakrasus out of Scion (it's a small cabal, and he didn't play much), that whole exchange ranks up there as one of the more stylish con deaths I've seen from an evil character.