Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Azlotrah the Harbinger of Death
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83967
83967, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Azlotrah the Harbinger of Death
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Aug 2 09:33:23 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Azlotrah perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:anti-paladin
Level:46
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:126
83978, Only one your phrase made me like you
Posted by Dargin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Some Fort guy: Are you scion?
You: To hell with scions!

Haha, dont know why but I started to like you after that.
83976, Think this is going to be my last AP for awhile..
Posted by Torak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...as I grow older I'm realizing I just don't have the mindset to play a powerhouse AP. Skill-wise I make some more "flair" choices than pure killing options in fights (probably could have won a lot more if I bashed/tripped instead of faceslashed) and I don't really enjoy following the line to a powerful weapon (ooc friendships, only fighting with full a/b/s, ganging, etc) but at least it was semi-fun along the way. I will say though that two things really did this character in...

1) The wand system is horrific to deal with when you're in that 1% of situations where you have "those spots" that no one seems to find. I talked with every hero I could, I checked over thirty spots, including the entire list of old wand spots, I had detect artifact up when I could spare it (50 mana for short duration, ugh)....but no luck. I found my amber and that's it - which also was annoying as hell to get if I got wanted (why I suicided once). APs got screwed more than most mages also since they didn't get shield and getting anything solo isn't exactly easy without a powerhouse weapon or friends. This will probably change in a few months once the new wand locations filter through the friends but then they'll probably get changed again. Non-sleeks don't really help when a lot of people need them since they can't find their own either...I'd say a majority of mages I spoke with don't have theirs yet. It sucks to put so much effort into a character and be crippled against certain opponents (hello villagers). Anyone who says you don't need a/b/s hasn't ran into the Arrna train (lagging legacy, full proc gear, polearm spec) or any of the villagers who spam cranial/etc hoping you die to the RNG. I could care less if Gzurweeg gets shield if that means Becalbray/Valu/Gantrok/etc got shield. If the wand system does anything it just encourages people to make throw-away characters until they get an easy wand set and then enter in a role.

2) Lack of interaction from anything involving his role. I think I wrote a pretty sexy role (got some immexp for entries) but I never got a single answer to a prayer over the 100+ hours of the character. Later on in his life I can understand why probably (RP dies with silence) but earlier on I thought I was doing ok. Trying to pray about a dead cabal (Cult) isn't easy to obtain but even *something* would have been nice. As an uncaballed evil who solo'd a majority of his life to get skill % up, you've got about zero interaction chances in comparison to a cabal or known religion character. In the end I caved and thought about joining Scion and even talked to Mergulla (which I swore to myself I wouldn't join Scion)....from that moment on I was kind of dead inside. A single answer from a prayer, even a one minute conversation from the gargoyle, would have breathed life into this character. Why more Immortals don't just step into that role for a minute is beyond me. Some of the most memorable moments have been simple interactions with npcs that take five minutes or less.

Those reasons aside though I did have a lot of fun - being uncaballed definitely helps in getting kills in some ways (like solo fights you're guaranteed the charges) but near the end it's about your cabal powers and your friends to help break that threshold. When you're killing Scions and Imperials and Tribunals, your list of friends is short...especially in leveling. I kept hearing that I was level-sitting but honestly I couldn't find a group. I was reaching my lightning control through a very tedious kill/charge ratio (only three people were worth more than a single charge) - and I fought quite a lot of "deathful" people. I mean come on, Pleebert was one charge. I took Demonskin this time around to try and combat my lack of sleeks and prepping (I think I had stoneskin once in 100+ hours)....seemed useful but honestly didn't notice a huge difference. On that note though...

Gnamrish I want to have your babies! You MADE this character survive by being my personal wand location and gold farmer. Over the life of this character you probably gave me over fifty black/sienna wands, 30+ herbal packets and orbs, few pouches, and probably 2000 gold. You made me realize how powerful gambling can be once you've got enough gold. You also helped me check nearly ever wand spot we both knew and helped me get gear. I know I helped you find your wand but seriously it wasn't worth what you helped me with. I've no idea who you are but you are the single reason I didn't delete long ago. It probably killed my RP to be friends with a gnome but #### um, it was totally worth it in my opinion to have a helpful friend. Feel free to PM me on that other forum so we can chat.

Everyone else seemed relatively cool. I made some friends along the way and hoped people enjoyed him. Guess that's that.

Torak
83979, Yeah, Maran with my specs/legacys etc ain't...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... an easy fight for an AP unless you've got a huge ass weapon. But I know you know that. I like your APs. :D Fought against them ALOT.

Saw the log, it sucks, bad luck. :( (And damn! As if I needed to have an even harder time with Gzurweeg! Hahahaha)
83980, I hate to say this but...
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Scarab cabal no longer exists. It isn't coming back. None of the imms have any desire to bring it back and that's been said repeatedly. The Scarab imms are dormant, and it clearly says that if you are praying to a dormant imm do not expect imm interaction. Yeah I felt for you and you really did try but I don't think you have the right to complain about a lack of immteraction when you picked the path you picked.
83983, I gotta disagree a bit here
I wasn't necessarily asking for the reopening of the Cult (granted I wouldn't mind it) but I was asking for some religion aspect. There have been even Scions that got the tattooes and there is *plenty* of Scarab gods that aren't Sacer/Cyradia (use the library in Hamsah to find out).

I was essentially asking for a non-normal Immortal interaction with a religion, the equivalent of praying on the Pyramid for the Cobra God like I did before. If I had known it would have been this taboo, I wouldn't bother.

If anything, a nice one minute from the Gargoyle replying "Hey, jackass, get lost - we're closed" would have been a LOT better than silence. If anything I got encouraged by a random Immortal saying I should better phrase my prays.
83996, If that exact scenario happened...
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'd pee myself and have a new favorite CF moment.
84000, I don't think she's saying no one knew how.
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If someone wanted to find the information to not be Cyradia or Scarabaeus they could have found it by cloaking, porting to the library and reading up.

She's saying no one gave enough of a #### to play scarab-themed RP with you.

Though I agree it's ####ty when the imms won't tell you via some IC means 'Your current path is a dead end. Delete already.'

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=
84001, RE: I don't think she's saying no one knew how.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>She's saying no one gave enough of a #### to play
>scarab-themed RP with you.

No, it's not that either.

I don't mess with Scarabaeus' ####.

People who have been around long enough to remember an active Scarabaeus, i.e. Torak, know that.

Beyond that, I don't have enough CF time to get all the CF stuff done that I'm actually responsible for or interested in. I'm certainly not making time to put together some kind of interaction to tell a guy trying to follow a religion he knows is dormant to #### off.
84007, Come now...
....it'd take you less than a minute to take over a mob and reply back. Unless there is some huge magic to it, I don't think "put together some kind of interaction" would take that long. I know you're busy, but that's a separate issue compared to how long it would take. Again, I even said that an Immortal if anything encouraged me by telling me rephrase my prayers.....maybe everyone isn't on the same page.

And I'm being honest here, why is Scarabaeus such a big elephant in the room when he hasn't been around for years? I remember him showing up maybe once or two to add the conjurer guild to Hamsah but is he even present anymore? Are you just honoring his stuff or is it more than that? I remember an active Scarabaeus but that was 5+ years ago.

Maybe there's just more to it that I never knew as a player, instead of an immortal. Least I now know I'm going to reek of "don't interact with him" if I ever try that again.
84046, RE: I don't think she's saying no one knew how.
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>If someone wanted to find the information to not be Cyradia
>or Scarabaeus they could have found it by cloaking, porting to
>the library and reading up.
>
>She's saying no one gave enough of a #### to play
>scarab-themed RP with you.
>
>Though I agree it's ####ty when the imms won't tell you via
>some IC means 'Your current path is a dead end. Delete
>already.'

I can only imagine the giant ####storm certain players would throw if an immortal came out and told them exactly what you are proposing.

It's damned if you do and damned if you don't.
84021, Not to nitpick
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But the sentiment is generally the same about KNIGHTS. I know the circumstances are a little different, but I got a lot of immteraction regarding Knights/Cador. Most of that came from an imm who is not known for tons of interacting.

Part of the lure for CF for me over the years is that everything is not set in stone. If you really roleplay something the possibilities are there, even if it is only for some interaction and nothing else.

Seeing this stance makes me feel less like putting tons of effort into a fun role that might be off the beaten path and just playing gnomemurdershifter_29384. And I don't play #### like that, so that means go back to my xbox.

Maybe something to keep in mind.
84022, RE: Not to nitpick
>But the sentiment is generally the same about KNIGHTS. I
>know the circumstances are a little different, but I got a lot
>of immteraction regarding Knights/Cador. Most of that came
>from an imm who is not known for tons of interacting.

It's really not the same at all. Scarab stuff is a whole different category from everything else.
84025, RE: Not to nitpick
Posted by Lazytosignin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can you explain why?

Just curious - I remember doing a role where the imm's comment was it was sort of like Scarabeusian. I don't know what that means - I wasn't here when Scarabeus was around. Taboo stuff always piques my interest.

If not, is there someplace I can read up on it?
84026, RE: Not to nitpick
Scarabaeus would take doing his stuff in a way that gets his mythology, or his vision for how that stuff should play out, wrong personally in a way that some other people wouldn't. You slap Cador's tattoo on a guy who gets his version of honor wrong, and if Cador comes back he'll probably call you a moron. You get Scarabaeus' stuff wrong, and he'll probably be genuinely hurt that you didn't respect him enough not to do that.

I do respect him enough not to do that.

84031, Sounds like the big, bad Scarabaeus is a big, bad, sissygirl...
Posted by TheProphet_LZ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
.. well it DOES!
84050, I can understand that
It's kind of like an in-game graveyard ;)

Hope someone else gets the "grace" from the man to continue it later because that Cabal was badass. Kind of the same mindset of adding/altering some things in the Inferno but that was another thread.
84053, RE: I can understand that
>Kind of the same mindset
>of adding/altering some things in the Inferno but that was
>another thread.

In that area, there's one or two things that Scarabaeus and I have talked about when he's popped in, but I haven't gotten around to them yet.
84051, Cador
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>Cador comes back

Did you say Cador is coming back? Sweet! Now that Twist is here as well, you clearly need to bring back Nepenthe. It'll be old school!

Aarn
84061, Only if Entropy/Cult can come back...
...seriously two of the best cabals gone :(

Knights/Shadow sucked imho.
83982, Dude.
Scarab is Scarabaeus and Cyradia's baby.

Ain't no one else going to touch that. You know better. You honestly do.

I would have really liked to see you hang around and try to get your revenge. I think you probably would've died a few times getting it, but you're the kind of guy who (I thought) could stomach that for the eventual sweetness of victory.

At the same time I can understand that when you've made a character that isn't going to get any interaction in terms of a cabal or religion, you've pretty much painted yourself into a corner where when you lose a big unholy, what else is there?
83984, Eh
Pertaining to the Cult, read under the above comment. I felt I was seeking another "god" from a dead religion. There's a lot of cool options there (like Joheem the Wolf or any other number of cult Gods in the lore of Hamsah).

For revenge....I knew I wouldn't get it with Gzurweeg. Everytime I ran into his area solo he teleported and he definitely knew his wands. He's playing exactly the way you need to to keep that weapon. Even landing sleep would mean the calvary would show up...especially considering I can't sleep and summon him somewhere without a demon raping me. I don't exactly have the friends in-game to compete against that.

My last attempts at revenge versus Satoshi wen't sour (he'd only fight 3on1 odds) and he even lost the weapon before I could get it back.

You're right though...if I had the interaction, I would have stayed but I was generally a loner so there was no point. My most successful AP was either a Scion or Imperial and I figured I'd try a loner....which backfired.

Live and learn.
83985, Funny
Posted by Ghrummin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked our brief interactions. I always sympathize for the underdog - playing a non-caballed ap in the past, I got the feeling that your current and my former were on the same boat. Thus, I contemplated on letting you kill me for a few extra charges.

I know, I know, from a charac POV, that should be a huge no no. But man, how can you NOT symphatize for an uncaballed wandless AP?

Unfortunately, I haven't had the time to involve myself with Ghrummin recently in an extensive period of time.

I'll join the same boat again later! And make it work! Just you watch!
83992, Hey now...
...I don't want pity charges ;) I gathered close to 60+ alone.

Least make me work for it...I thought from our fights you were running anyways (you're not that good of spec/legacies against APs compared to Malakhi).
83993, Take oath?
Posted by Gzurweeg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First time I saw you when you were a level 30+ AP checking wand locations
with a hero gnome shifter. I wasn't sure why a hero gnome shifter decided
to be your bitch so I made a guess that you both were heralds or something.
Later, I thought that you were a tribunal. You got into the hero range
several days ago and since I didn't know who you were I wasn't really gunning
for you. I apologize if I just passed by without attacking you and making
you think that I teleported away.

Consider this:
Arrna has got drive, so she drives people.
Villagers have got deathblow, so they deathblow people.
APs have got teleport, so I teleport around, doing my Dreadlordish business.

However, in your case, I can only recall maybe one or two instances where
I actually teleported from the same area. Like the last time when I was
hurt and unprepared in Open Sea/Aryth and there were two nexuns, Quas
and you peeking into the area within short intervals.
Plus, there is absolutely no shame in teleporting away from a badass AP
who murders people left and right without wands. Right?

About the revenge.
You would never get your revenge. And this is not because I'm invincible.
Sure I am not, I think I died seven times already since I started this unholy.
This is because it was you who actually struck first trying to take a cheap
shortcut route to the blackest of powers. Like I said, I was generally neutral
towards you and when you tried to summon me out of the Palace (and teleported
right away) I realized that you were going to be a nuance, so I got my revenge.
It was my revenge, not yours. You can't get what is not yours :P

Wands:
Dude, you deleted with 126 hours at the point where I only started.
At 120+ hours I hadn't found any of my sleeks, had a 10 charges unholy,
got stuck in the hero range (43 level) with 10 villagers and 10 forties,
who kept me without powers permanently. Plus everybody was owning me (thanks to
wrath weapons) because I can PK only with full abs, big unholy and a gang.
Yes, eventually I've found my sleek set, but there is no way I could use it
at 30-40 levels even if I knew my wand locations back then.

So, in conclusion, the deletion wasn't necessary. You could just take the oath :).
84006, Sorry just don't agree..
...having a cabal, especially a leader, is a lot different than being uncaballed when considering you didn't have sleeks. Especially Empire with a Lich leader. I don't know how much you knew prior but I checked actively for quite a long time with zero luck. I'm not going to randomly turn on detect artifact which costs a lot after I've ran out of places to even check that remotely would be a wand spot....it's just a dumb system in my opinion.

The gnome was helping me because we met each other a long time before when we were the same range - he just heroed obviously a lot earlier than me. I had been killing a *lot* of Imperials though, figured it would be an obvious decision on your part. And if you think we were neutral, I highly doubt that. Animal kingdom is my idea of the AP world and establishing that I'm hunting you is a lot better than me running away from you all the time.

And nah, I can't take the oath after 100+ hours of seeking a Cult god. I'm not that much of a whore.
84016, As I told you
Posted by Ahtieli2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you won't make it to fight with me. I really enjoy listening all "so-called-evil rp" from lowbie and seeing how he deletes before he completed any of his threats :P
84048, Blame your vacation :)
I was around for that entire time in hero range.....no show. I only got on with you once and had to log.

It's cool, I would have just fought you for like two rounds then got away honestly...no way I could beat you one on one without a lot more charges or better saves gear. I'd get 1-rounded by the army without full a/b/s/stone.
83971, Great RP, strong character, thanks for showing me a few places /stxt
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did seem frustrated with finding your wands. I wish I could help you with it more, but when you were available I was not and vice versa. Good luck with your next, keep those APs coming!
83969, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Azlotrah the Harbinger of Death
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wanted to eat your liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

But damned if I could ever find you.
83968, Hooray, one less AP!
Posted by Elkae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And hooray for being a 0 charge kill Herald with fine leathers! <.<
83977, Thought you were an islander..
...since you were running straight there.
83981, RE: Thought you were an islander..
Posted by Elkae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's, you know, also a place to level under there at 45 :p