Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Delalken the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83823
83823, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Delalken the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 31 01:13:02 2009

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Delalken perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:117
84073, My only impression of you
Posted by Cimtiana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was that you seemed to only ever see one side of things, and then you talked a TON of smack. Maybe others didn't see it that way, but you just rubbed me the wrong way.

Particularly one time when I had just fought some Villager, and was down at 100hp and ran through Galadon and you started trolling on how I wouldn't fight you since you were inducted and blah blah... and it was like, okay, I just fought a rager 5 levels higher than you, shut ya trap.

Oh - and then you always thought I was using preps when I wasn't - as though that matters? Dude - minotaur resist physical. Get a clue.
84018, Final thoughts on Delalken (and some advice)
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
OK I was gone for a few days and just noticed this. Here's my thoughts on Delalken and some advice if you want it. :)

You had an aggressive attitude similar to Ajirkhan/Aganthas. It did not bother me the majority of the time because you had a good sense of what needed to be done the majority of the time and were not saying anything I could really disagree with. So that was all good. But during the relatively rare times when you made a misjudgement, it would tend to be a big one. And you were so stubborn in your chosen course of action, right or wrong, that you did not seem to recognize the error in judgement until the dust settled and the pieces fell where they did.

That all said I enjoyed the sense of camaraderie we had when it was just the two of us facing down the odds. Good luck with the next, and try to be less stubborn when you're headed towards a cliff :)
83868, Do villagers get somewhat of a free pass with alignment?
Posted by Lokain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe I'm talking a little out of my ass here, but I don't think I've ever really witnessed villagers being forced to play their alignment. But storm giants offering evil villagers to help them regear leaves somewhat of a bad taste in my mouth, and the general idea of goodies always getting along with the evils in village just seems kind of icky to me. Conversely, if you're evil I don't think it applies as much, because why wouldn't an evil bastard want every advantage he could take. Even though all alignments in the village have an equal dislike for magic, I don't think this is a "let bygones be bygones" and put our differences aside and kick some magic ass! Go team!

It seems like other cabals that have mixed alignments seem to work these things out a bit better, it always seems to me that this kind of thing is generally swept under the rug in the village.
83869, Kinda agree. Why are goodie villagers allowed
Posted by seminewb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Other than Del, I saw Malthalia do some pretty evil-like things. E.g., sees an elf mage in guild right before a reboot. Breaks into said guild and waits for him to log in. Also, another mage loses link somewhere, she finds the link dead mage (was not in area before) and waits for him/her to reconnect, sings mage to sleep immediately. Is that really an elf drillmistress material?
83878, RE: Do villagers get somewhat of a free pass with alignment?
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You are absolutely, 100% correct. And I bring it up every time there's a good aligned villager, including my own.

Cabal is NOT an excuse to throw away alignment, and good aligned ragers should NOT be helping evil ragers regear or level or do anything else for that matter, except raid and defend, and even then they should be unhappy about it.

Also, they should be somehow expressing remorse when they kill good mages (though they should hunt them just as much as any other mages, don't get me wrong). There just should be some sorrow about having to do it. Some roleplay that distinguishes killing a duerg a-p and a lich, from elf muter #2158.
83860, Disappointing
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really don't think it's good rp for you (a battle berserker) to jump a solitary warrior alone 3! times with the drillmaster (also a berserker).

Sorry, but that is just piss poor.
83851, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Delalken the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by shamanman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Holy damn did I hate you. Ever since I watched you loot hero GOODIES as a lvl 25 or so storm and then try to dodge giving them their gear back. Just blech. And from what I saw, you were a piss poor ####ty rager too.
83849, Mixed feelings. Might've been b/c bad logon times?
Posted by Sahel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I felt sorry for you sometimes because you'd be the only villager around when there were a bunch of nexuns and/or assorted evil-doers. Although, that one time you complained about my form left a sour taste in my mouth. Especially right after you and a battle bard did the old one-two punch on me. I figured it was general frustration and just left you alone for the most part.

GLWYN.
83848, I liked how you were always up for a battle.
Posted by Ghrummin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously, you don't know what ragers are about.

I also liked how you were active - although I really ####ed up that duel in the village by wielding a mace of water (STUPID ME!), I wanted to give you the opportunity to stay in.

Given that you traveled with Ghrummin, you should know my roleplay angle, especially since I'm a Smith.

A few things re: your other charac:

1) You nearly one rounded a mage with another guy from what I'm told. That was your first mage kill.
2) Subsequently, you asked for induction literally 30 minutes after you became an applicant. Seriously?
3) You whined constantly when I gave you the task of killing 5 mages. It's not that difficult.
4) From a rp angle, saying that you DON'T have enough mages to kill is ludicrous
5) Once again, trying to squeeze into the Village by replacing '4 recommendations', of which there were 2 (3 at the most), for a mage kill, is stupid.
6) That last death at the Arena? Really? At least try to make a conscious effort into your rp/rp of the Village!

Anyways, liked Delakhan from what I saw (I know I didn't see a lot of shady stuff, but I tend to ignore mages who bitch at me and tell me how to be a villager).

GLWYN
83843, Me piss on yer grave. ~
Posted by Pleebert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hawhawhaw
83834, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Delalken the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Hyshrawr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

It's villagers/players of villagers like you that force the Imms to police villagers as much as they can. I'm just glad you were removed and obviously you didn't have the sack for redeeming yourself, so you really don't have what it takes to be a villager. Better to be done with this character now as opposed to later for the village's sake.
83833, You join Lisl in the "Worst Ragers ever" Category~
Posted by Oberserver on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
83835, You know what (I am not him)
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can say everything this behavior - but the truth is - it changed long time ago. Its ok to villager to pit sit (Ysalorie forced this when his was mortal. Do you want to remind me this situation mr. Imm?) Its ok to gang - Nepe said this in his imm comments #123123 billion times. (Yes yes, When three villagers walk in the group NEVER attack them, even if you will inform them before that. Because don't stay in the front of the train - right Nepe?) And Thror is so Thror - I don't even want to rephrasy his #### here.

All in all - the village is different now. Mighty heroes gone. Bunch of ####ers came.
83846, Ya know normally I ignore you
Posted by Ysaloerye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
but I have yet to read anything constructive to come out of the garbled babble-speak which is your verbal diarrhea.
Why not take that keen observation which you espouse to possess and turn it on yourself for a change Dr. Lecter. You sirrah are the Grand Poobah of ####ers.
83897, M-M-M-M-M-MONSTER KILLLLLLLLL-ILLL-ILLL ~
Posted by DEEPVOICE on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
`
83847, RE: You know what (I am not him)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm not sure why you can't understand the difference between:

A) Three dudes run up on you and all start bashing and

B) You attack a group of three that's already together and trying to do something.

I think everyone else can.
83863, RE: You know what (I am not him)
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
¡Qué putas pasa!

Learn English (and this game) then come back with a reasonable argument. Otherwise, you'll get destroyed in a debate. Especially one surrounding your stupidity.
84071, While I normally wince at staff being rude...
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I must acquiesce in this instance, and agree.

If CF were mine, I would have booted this guy out of my sand box a loooong time ago.
84078, If they start booting people
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
one day you will be booted too.
84080, Huh? nt
adf
84079, Could not you find more mature argument
Posted by Elhe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
than saying "learn english"? I mean first you are saying his he stupid then you use such childish argument...
84081, Pretty sure the point was
that you can't have an intelligent conversation with someone, or moreover debate an issue with someone, who for whatever reason doesn't have the capacity to communicate effectively.
84086, I would make the point
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That a number of people who complain about the English skills of others probably have far less ability to speak a foreign language than the person about whom they are complaining.
84088, Three things.
1) I agree with you.
2) That does not negate the original point that Thror made.
3) If it matters, which it doesn't, both Thror and I speak Spanish fluently. I also speak about 10% of the Korean language.
84113, Ummmm......
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Add on the fact that it is a TEXT based game in ENGLISH!

I am not gonna come to soviet freaking russia and start a fight over loosing at scrabble with a russian, that's just f'en retarded.

Word.