Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectKizzy deleted.
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83366
83366, Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Turing on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kizzy was my first hero. I wanted to play around with a goodie chaotic to see how strong angels were. Along the way I learned an awful lot. I didn't find aura or barrier wands. That wasn't a deal breaker, but it didn't help at_all. 3 mages and an entourage running through every major area night after night with people who know where blacks are... None of them finding any wands. That's pretty disheartening.

On wand changes:
The self-cast shield thing is moot (shield wands are gimmes). Detect artifact is great! The wand edges are a bad implementation. Those edges are as pricey as the most expensive conjurer edges. I can't believe that someone would forgo edges just to get their wands. In my opinion, a 100hr hero mage is entitled to have all of their wands, and not at the expense of edge points. I think something along the lines of wand quests (with hints) is in order if a mage can't find it.

I don't stick with characters very long, but that's just how I enjoy playing. One of my motivations was to play an anonymous character which people really liked. I think I accomplished that. For the amount of time I actually put into pvping, I was fairly deathful. All of the people I interacted with liked me. (It doesn't hurt when you're running a female character).

Goodbyes:

Elghinn: This is the first character I've ever interacted with that was clearly a female ic/ooc. I've got to say, I didn't realize fluff-ball characters existed on the game. I picked up on your roleplaying lines and used them myself. They helped me get #### from male characters. The only problem with a "guy" roleplaying a female character is that we're interested in kicking ass and wearing good gear... I think that's usually a dead give-away. I thought you were a "fun" ally but a pretty useless one. Didn't like the fact that you became an acolyte, thought it was a bit unfair.

Dupmaisone: A constant line of role. You were always in character, communicating the same ideas.. which is good. I think you would have a much stronger role if you stepped away from modern sexual innuendos. You were very competent and a fantastic player. I'm pretty sure you realized I was a guy (because I don't suck ass), so I admired the fact that your RP was business and not personal.

Lornkanamas: If anyone wants to know why Fortress is kicking ass, it's this guy. Playing a healer must be the least rewarding endeavor in the entire game. When you do a good job, people HATE you. You're not getting kills. You spend hours healing a mob. You don't get to see big damage... But goddamn if you aren't completely changing the dynamic of the game. I wanted to start a trend of "tipping" your healer... Gold, gear, whatever =) You're also very fun to interact with. I liked the fact that you actually read & understand what I say before responding. That's a valuable asset in RP.

Dargin: You've got a short temper and you're a bit of a gear-whore. I think those would make excellent character traits if you put a bit more into your roleplaying. I liked running with you, because you were competent and knew stuff. I think you and I both know we had no IC business killing some of the stuff we did while the fortress was under attack. :) Oh well, it's a game first. What nobody sees doesn't happen.

Hojo: Seriously, stop asking so many questions. If I wanted to know what it fealt like to be an attractive girl in real life who suffered the unwanted affections of ugly guys.. I got it. It was an eye-opening experience, and now I kind of understand why hot chicks are often bitches to people.

Fortress: Fun cabal to be in, because there are people who aren't in the game for themselves. A lot of the fluffy roleplay had me banging my head against the wall in disgust, but the thing of it is.. It was a pleasant cabal to actually be in. With people in the cabal sitting around being friendly, trying to help/teach... It becomes a powerhouse. One of the reasons I'm leaving is that I fealt that Fort was doing really well, and had plenty of applicants. I wanted my spot to go to someone who wanted it more than I did. Thanks for teaching me the game, thanks for taking me to hero. It's time for me to move on.
83473, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Liethkim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pity you deleted. You really went out there and mixed things up, landing some unexpected kills despite lack A/B. Mages at hero (especially goodie conjurers), have plenty of non-sleek AB sources to cover themselves with, so I'm kinda bummed that you didnt go out and work in that direction.

GLWYN
83439, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by regular on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alllllllllllright fellas!

Comin up on the main stage it's Kizzy! Let's get those dollars ready guys and show these ladies some appreciation. We got shots of tequilla for the next ten minutes for just a dollar! Ladies get ready for ten dollar table dances comin up next!

83433, Thoughts on Familiar Agility?
Posted by Habbs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was wondering what you thought of the edge? Worth taking? Can you talk about anything you noticed with it?
83441, RE: Thoughts on Familiar Agility?
>I was wondering what you thought of the edge? Worth taking?
>Can you talk about anything you noticed with it?

I honestly made a huge mistake in not figuring this one out more. The only thing I noticed was that I dodged rarely. I think one of the problems I anticipated is that I ran around with practically maxxed out weight.... I didn't seem to dodge much at all.

I'm not sure if the familiar needs to be fighting or just next to you. The success rate wasn't stellar at all. In about 20 hours of using it, I think I saw one echo reflecting that I avoided a skill... but was it because of familiar agility?

With a mage using max weight.... Familiar agility wasn't good for me. Considering the fact that I'm carrying around a bunch of important stuff as a conjie, I wouldn't take it again.
83450, RE: Thoughts on Familiar Agility?
From the helpfile, I've always assumed that the familiar would have to be in combat for it to be working, but it is just that, an assumption.

It would be interesting if it did give the dodge ability when in combat, and could definately change some things on how I would look at the edge, and equip myself afterwards.

An echo of some sort, something to pinpoint what the edge is doing would be nice, but it might just take a lot of experimenting to find out I guess.

Thanks for the feedback...I'll probably keep that one on the back burner still, since the high cost for it still seems to be not be worth it so far from all the feedback I've seen.
83422, Female characters
Posted by Humbert. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For some reason when I'm playing female characters who are not intended to act female, people still hit on my chars. It's annoying because I usually put in something like 'plain' or 'not particularly attractive' and avoid 'seductive' 'massive breasts' in the description... Note: I am male. Plain female RP FTW. And it's so tiring to see female man-haters who have roles about being raped before etc. One day I want to see (or play) a woman who -hates- other women, not men.

I'd disagree about the bias thing. Haven't seen many favours or IMM attention thrown my way when I play female chars instead of male chars. The main reasons why I play female chars are:

1. Female RP is actually somewhat fun to play, even if you're not female/effete IRL. I'm not, but I'm too nice and carebear-ish in real life too. Grr.

2. Sirine Island, blood-red veil, other veils, grapes, lightning axe, lightning javelin, pearl encrusted mirror, pristine dress, oh man the list goes on forever. Male chars have: coronation mantle (which is kickass, but so is pristine dress).

Iunna's comment about how she isn't more likely to promote someone to acolyte just because she is female is likely to be true. Ever hang around a bunch of female friends much or listen to one of them bitch about some other girl they perceive as flirty and getting all the male attention... oh man women hate women. It's scary.

Some problem about RPing romantic interest in MUD... well curiosity killed a cat with one of my other chars. I'd say just stick to formally saying I love yous and all that, and avoid the sexy stuff. There are all manner of funky chatrooms for kinky stuff.

Note on Lornkanamas - yes, blame him. He's an incredible powerhouse. A Healer changes everything! You just can't estimate how many PKs he's prevented on his friends and how many PKs he's enabled on his enemies... If you get an experienced player who's very good in PK to play a healer, I don't think he'd ever die if he played safe.

Kizzy - If you like chaotic good human conjurer, levelsit at 27 until distention. Don't join fortress so you can use nightgaunts/mephits. At level 27 all you need is protection vs evil potions and decent +hp gear. And certain wands that lag. Look up Jeqo for a perfect example.
83432, RE: Female characters

>Kizzy - If you like chaotic good human conjurer, levelsit at
>27 until distention. Don't join fortress so you can use
>nightgaunts/mephits. At level 27 all you need is protection vs
>evil potions and decent +hp gear. And certain wands that lag.
>Look up Jeqo for a perfect example.

I have thought about doing this same thing, and then maybe look to make a splash in Fortress later in life. I keep getting into Fortress early, struggling to do well enough in PK in the raiding/defending rinse-repeat stuff, and then getting frustrated that I'm not managing to sniff the maran spot that I want to try out with a conjurer...even though at this point I'm not sure it is all that huge of a boon for maran powers with a conjurer.

I'll probably try a non-conjie maran first though, just to see if I can get the spot there easier and do better at finding my way of pressing the right buttons to get the promotion.
83408, Just a few comments....
Posted by Wandless on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I never met your character nor do i agree with much of your thread there on female bias. Most of it really makes you sound like your just a frustrated virgin. :)

Moving on...

I love Sebeok comment on wands on kizzy's PBF. I guess us, the playerbase, don't need to shut f-up about wands just yet huh? :D
83434, RE: Just a few comments....
Yeah, most times I can see his point here in the forums trying to look at it objectively, but even if a complete noob, first time ever player, gets a lucky spot on thier sienna and stumbles to it blind and deaf, it doesn't mean that the other possible locations for amber and black are perfect as they are now. Amber in area explore seems off to me still, and there are some of the blacks that are much harder than others. Not to mention the places I've never even sniffed a hint of that apparently very few have found.

I've seen some cool statistics on stuff before, like how many people re-roll based on thier forms...I would be curious how many of the sleek spots get visitied by mages. I am sure that some of them get visited by nearly 100% of them...where they look at the right palce or kill the right mob, but I am guessing there are others that are much much much less. Sucks when you are one of the people that gets a spoke that almost no one looks at.

That said, I still like the sleek system, and don't want it to be a walk in the park, but it gets frustrating when you have rolled through mage after mage, putting a premium on trying to find those wands and end up with worse results finding them witch each subsequent mage, even while adding more palces to look each time.

83399, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Elghinn: This is the first character I've ever interacted
>with that was clearly a female ic/ooc. I've got to say, I
>didn't realize fluff-ball characters existed on the game. I
>picked up on your roleplaying lines and used them myself.
>They helped me get #### from male characters. The only
>problem with a "guy" roleplaying a female character is that
>we're interested in kicking ass and wearing good gear... I
>think that's usually a dead give-away. I thought you were a
>"fun" ally but a pretty useless one. Didn't like the fact
>that you became an acolyte, thought it was a bit unfair.

I think you make a lot of assumptions here that I don't necessarily
agree with, but mostly I'd like to know why you felt making someone
an Acolyte was an "unfair" decision.

>Fortress: Fun cabal to be in, because there are people who
>aren't in the game for themselves. A lot of the fluffy
>roleplay had me banging my head against the wall in disgust,

I actually thought your RP was pretty fluffy/ditzy so I dunno. :p
83402, RE: Kizzy deleted.
>>Elghinn: This is the first character I've ever interacted
>>with that was clearly a female ic/ooc. I've got to say, I
>>didn't realize fluff-ball characters existed on the game. I
>>picked up on your roleplaying lines and used them myself.
>>They helped me get #### from male characters. The only
>>problem with a "guy" roleplaying a female character is that
>>we're interested in kicking ass and wearing good gear... I
>>think that's usually a dead give-away. I thought you were a
>>"fun" ally but a pretty useless one. Didn't like the fact
>>that you became an acolyte, thought it was a bit unfair.
>
>I think you make a lot of assumptions here that I don't
>necessarily
>agree with, but mostly I'd like to know why you felt making
>someone
>an Acolyte was an "unfair" decision.
>
>
>>Fortress: Fun cabal to be in, because there are people who
>>aren't in the game for themselves. A lot of the fluffy
>>roleplay had me banging my head against the wall in disgust,
>
>I actually thought your RP was pretty fluffy/ditzy so I dunno.
>:p

I don't feel that Elghinn put in the time or effort that is required of most scribes or squires. She rp'd a love affair with leadership and became an acoylte in a very short amount of time. This isn't jealousy speaking - I never intended to Maran. This is just an example of what I call the gender bias in gaming. Girls get #### easy in muds and mmos. That's why I play girl characters. Why do you think I emulated her fluff?

83404, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>>Elghinn: This is the first character I've ever interacted
>>>with that was clearly a female ic/ooc. I've got to say, I
>>>didn't realize fluff-ball characters existed on the game.
>I
>>>picked up on your roleplaying lines and used them myself.
>>>They helped me get #### from male characters. The only
>>>problem with a "guy" roleplaying a female character is that
>>>we're interested in kicking ass and wearing good gear... I
>>>think that's usually a dead give-away. I thought you were
>a
>>>"fun" ally but a pretty useless one. Didn't like the fact
>>>that you became an acolyte, thought it was a bit unfair.
>>
>>I think you make a lot of assumptions here that I don't
>>necessarily
>>agree with, but mostly I'd like to know why you felt making
>>someone
>>an Acolyte was an "unfair" decision.
>>
>>
>>>Fortress: Fun cabal to be in, because there are people who
>>>aren't in the game for themselves. A lot of the fluffy
>>>roleplay had me banging my head against the wall in
>disgust,
>>
>>I actually thought your RP was pretty fluffy/ditzy so I
>dunno.
>>:p
>
>
>I don't feel that Elghinn put in the time or effort that is
>required of most scribes or squires. She rp'd a love affair
>with leadership and became an acoylte in a very short amount
>of time. This isn't jealousy speaking - I never intended to
>Maran. This is just an example of what I call the gender bias
>in gaming. Girls get #### easy in muds and mmos. That's why
>I play girl characters. Why do you think I emulated her
>fluff?

I actually spent a lot of time watching her, and I thought she
deserved it. Did she spend a lot of time online? Sure, but I don't
think she was Acolyted any earlier or later than I've been trying to
get to people who I felt deserved it. Am I a girl? Yup, so I don't
think that makes me biased in her favor; in fact, it probably makes
me less. Do I know if the player is a girl? I have no ####ing idea,
so you know more there than I do.

Whether or not there's gender bias in CF, I really don't care. My
point here is that in this instance, I don't think that was the case.
83410, Sorry..
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
==Do I know if the player is a girl? I have no ####ing idea==

Sorry, I don't belive. :) Its always clear ;)
83444, I only know after I hack their pfile. (nt)
You should know this by now, Beront.
83446, How many hours did she have?
>You should know this by now, Beront.

You don't need to tell us. But take a good hard objective look at how many hours Elghinn put into fort, her pk ratio and her fluff RP. The only thing significant about her is that she was a female that sexxed up a leader character.

I'm not retarded. I can put two and two together.
83447, You don't really deserve an answer but
More hours between induct/Aco than anyone else I've Aco'd lately.
83449, RE: How many hours did she have?
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>her pk ratio and

For Acolyte? What are you smoking?
83452, Yeah
Posted by Dwoggurd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have to be careful not to induct another Humbert in acolytes :)
83455, Sloob & MMho
Posted by Kizzy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sloob
In an MMO refers to a noob who attempts to use their female character to make male characters do something for them.

More often than not the "female" is actually a guy who has failed at life, now hoping to get somewhere by being a slut in game.

sloobs often offer sexual services for in game items, even though it is clearly impossible to have sex with someone as a virtual character.
Female Character: Your so hot
Male Character: Ok....
Female Character: Could you give me some money and ill go out with you?
Male Character: Your a filthy Sloob!

mmho
Any female playing an mmorpg or mmo who is willing to trade teh cyborz for in game gold, items or anything else that would get her ahead with the least amount of effort possible, thus giving legitimate gamer girls a bad name.
"Michelle never farms but she always has gold."

"Because she throws her e-#### out and gets gold in return."

"What a useless mmho."

83457, The #### does that have to do with PK ratio?
Right now I'm thinking:

"If I ban this guy, it could be days before I have to read a post like this again. It might be worth the bitching."
83458, PK ratio has nothing to do with the arguement.
PK ratio was only one premise in the conclusion that nothing about the character was stand-out.

You can't manufacture a counterpoint attack when you remove all of the other premises and read your own conclusion instead of the one I made. This is like arguing with a republican! You cherry-pick a part of the post to read and to attack, and ignore the post in general.
83459, RE: PK ratio has nothing to do with the arguement.
This isn't the rag on active characters forum.

I've had enough. You can take a break.
83462, Yeesh. Just seeing this bums me out. NT
Posted by TehBatmans on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And for saying it, I bet I'll get a break too.

Oh well, I'm used to it.

Nah, not really.

I just hate it when conversations turn into TOOBADURBANEND.
83465, RE: Yeesh. Just seeing this bums me out. NT
Eh, it's been coming for a while.

I realized that the guy who posted the other day saying that dude needed a break was right.
83477, thanks :)
Posted by Aodh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
man... that guy is ####ing stupid

His bizarre "slang terms" which I've never heard once, and his fixation with female gaming is pretty hugely creepy.
83482, Yeah...
Posted by Minyar1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
cause Republican's are the only ones who spin things. Climate change anyone?
83483, RE: Yeah...
Okay I'm locking this before this becomes a political thread. OT board, you!
83472, RE: Sloob & MMho
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Side thought:

I think it's ridiculous that you, and lots of other people, talk about whether someone is a "legitimate gamer".

For that matter, the whole "gamer" subculture is retarded.
83474, RE: Sloob & MMho
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>For that matter, the whole "gamer" subculture is retarded.

That's it, I hearby declare you an outcast!

Turn in your membership card on the way out please. And note that you no longer qualify for our free road-side assistance program.
83468, RE: How many hours did she have?
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you're on "break" now, but exactly what do you think the requirements are to become an Acolyte? You realize a Scribe has one tiny power? Making Acolyte isn't exactly the same as getting a quest form or a third legacy. Heck, most cabals give out more power than an Acolyte has just on a simple induction.

I can't believe you're ragging on someone for getting promoted to the uber position of Acolyte.

Also, I call #### on your statement that you aren't jealous, because you never wanted to get Maran. That's like saying, after you get kicked out for being unruly, that you went in to the cookie shop but never wanted a cookie. I'd say you're jealous she got promoted to Acolyte while you got left as a lowly Squire.

Aarn

83435, As a sober, unbias voice...
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I can see how someone could come to the conclusion that Elghinn isn't a good choice for Acolyte. What I've seen with my character has been really lack luster. I do understand, however, that the imms see a lot broader picture of a character - so I'm not questioning your judgment. Rather pointing out, in a hopefully more sober tone, that to some players that pick can seem a little undeserved.
83412, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's like you're just trying to incite the female staff members. Heh.

As someone who's played his fair share of female characters, I don't feel that I got any breaks compared to when I played males. But my women are usually hardasses.
83398, Wands aren't needed.
Posted by Anti-wand on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've killed plenty of people with wandless mages.

I've killed very few wanded up mages... in fact.. none.
83405, RE: Wands aren't needed.
Posted by Dargin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Show us the logs? Where you killed skilled ready oppponent one on one without wands?
83411, Yea yea, try to face
Posted by Beront on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Gzuweerd, Ahtielly, or the gang. Good luck.
83373, I really liked Kizzy, Arrna was a bit more....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... wary about you. I liked our interview and ooc I did like your char. But Arrna got some reports about you that she didn't like. And that last stuff with the nexuns. A real shame I had to logg out, because I really wanted to have a sit down and RP with you. Though Lorn filled me in. (After I had logged out I realized that Arrna really would have booted you IC, but me OOCly liking your char made me hold the trigger... heh)

I hope you come with something cool again. :D And well done on a first hero. And me asking you today why you entered the throne room there, was just to open up for some tactics talk, a shame you deleted. But that's how some of us likes to play the game. :D
83372, I am sorry we never got a chance to make a trip to the ship graveyard
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kept having it on my to do list, but I just never got around to it. The moment I'd think about it, I would get distracted. I was really hoping to develop that RP angle with you, but alas. Good luck with your next.
83370, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Meichelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hmm, I totally had Kizzy pegged as someone else, guess I was wrong.

I wish I'd had more chances to fight you...I'm not sure if we ever really did has a full out fight. You were lower level for a while, and then ranked past me quick. Wanted to talk more with you when you were raiding yesterday, but was quite distracted with the kids IRL and was kind of half-assing things.

Hopefully this conjurer experience was more rewarding for you while it lasted.
83368, RE: Kizzy deleted.
Posted by Sulye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You ran around without servitors way too often, in my opinion. If your preference is for angels, then just run around with a crappy luminous archon all the time and swap it for an angel when you're ready to start hunting. It's not like you have to invest a lot of mana or worry about it turning on you like an evil conjurer would.
83367, Pity you left. Should stick to find your rods and share the knowledge imo. GLWYN n/t
Posted by Dargin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt