Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Tsuval the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83154
83154, (DELETED) [None] Tsuval the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 20 10:17:46 2009

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Tsuval perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:155
83166, General thoughts
Posted by Tsuval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just some thoughts on the character, no goodbyes since tsuval was not really an rp driven character at all, and I really avoided interacting a lot with most simply because I knew she was not going to last. Though I must thank the random immortal for that little echo when I was walking off to the sea to delete. I did use the role a bit as I like writing role entries, and that little reward of getting the blessing of Rayihn as Tsuval retired was appreciated. Just shows, immortals do watch all of us, even characters that lead fairly dull lives and do little more than explore.

This character was really just created to test out a few various things since there are so many warrior possibilities, and I had some curiosities. She, well he until I ate the grapes (another thing I did just to see the echo for what it did knowing full well it would make the character a female) was the following. Dex based. Sword hand. Whispers, greeting.

Dex based sword seems good in theory, and for exploration it is probably one of the best if you plan on going solo. Half drow for the 24 and no real vulns outside the mithril seems to be worthwhile if you don't want to go arial. You simply do not get hit by most enemies due to parry, flourintine, dodge, evade and the riposting helps you get a good damage output when you're generally getting off around 4 strikes a round. For exploration this is a great spec, and the 24 dex works well. Speed flurry was nice too, and once perfected against slow targets I would usually get 6-8 strikes. How many got negated by parry varied, but that many attacks consistently was nice.

For PK, not as good as strength I would say. Especially in fights with another sword spec, in which I got absolutely dominated. I get 5 attacks a round, others get two or three. They parry them all, which means five chances for ripostes. I mostly dodge, so get none or maybe 1. In sword on sword fights this means the dex was more of a hinderance than a help. Parry is what you really want in a sword spec, and I knew that going in. Figured being unhittable was a good thing for PK, but mages still whooped me and most melee classes I was alright against, but not as great as I had hoped.

Onto whispers.
Great legacy for exploration. I took all the healing edges, and wise recovery. I managed to get 300 or so on average sleep, with a max out at around 380 per tick. About 120-180 while resting. Makes taking down big mobs just a bit quicker since you can be up to full health in 4 hours from most any position. Though the recovery while you fight was not as great, though wise recovery is only works when calm, but even at 19 con I would be lucky to gain 50 hps a tick.

The real benefit I saw from this legacy was maledictions. Poison. Bleeding. Whatever. You will uusually manage to still recover hit points on the hour if you sleep/rest. Granted, it's about 5-20, but you're not getting hit. So you flee convulsing while impaled, or say bit by a dragon for 12 hours, and you can survive it. I managed to survive 360 hours of plagues in the process of acquiring a certain item largely because of this legacy. My mana was around -2600 when I left. This is about the only real PK use it has I believe. If you get away from a fight, you will not likely die. Also, with hand, if you stun someone, you can rest and regain a fair amount of hp, though they will too since they're sleeping.

Greetings.
Have to say. Never took this, never will again unless a giant. Pretty obvious choice to avoid for a human, but I really was curious. (Doing again would have taken fist, maybe flow of shadows)Tried bashing while enlarged, maxing out weight and all that. Perma lagging was still fairly impossible, even if all the bashes landed, which was rare. Understandable, but the legacy was largely useless to me in both exploration and pk. I thought bash protection would be nice. Til I fought a 43 fire giant sword spec while I was enlarged. Got riposted non-stop, still got bashed down and probably should have died. I greeted 1 of 5 bashes, which was the one I used to flee. Against someone with greetings, greeted none, which made sense, just something to keep in mind. Mobs that bash, some will get greeted, just nice because it cuts the lag you get from their bash.

Lessons learned, and I did have fun wandering around. Saw a few new things I did not know, and helped out a few people going to places I knew already, which is always a good time.

Thoughts/comments/or questions about these things I'll be happy to answer.

83231, I thought you to be neutral for a looooong time....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... That's why I never interacted with you or explored much with you. Regretted it later when you told me right before you deleted. Nice geasture that. And I hope you enjoyed the mini-interaction over a glass of wine. ;) I'm thinking of doing an all out explore warrior again. (I had one not long ago that was an epic failure.)

Good luck with your next!
83164, I hope you enjoyed your character, thanks for interacting with me.
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No text.
83167, RE: I hope you enjoyed your character, thanks for interacting with me.
Posted by Tsuval on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did enjoy it, and I might say the same. You were a curious little magistrate that I found quite amusing to interact with. Seems like you've got an interesting rp angle going now, sure I'll see you around with my next.