Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drungith the Paragon of Fortitude
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=83101
83101, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Drungith the Paragon of Fortitude
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 18 22:47:04 2009

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Drungith perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:paladin
Level:40
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:66
83102, Whelp
Posted by Aarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was afraid this would happen. I've just been way too busy to play consistently for the last week or two, and I wont be back to having time for at least another week. I logged on to play for a bit today, and could tell I had already completely lost the feel for him. Played for a bit, died once, was pretty much un-fun, and I figured it would only get worse in another week.

First time I ever tried a shield paladin, it was fun. Also, I love dwarves. But dwarf shield paladin with temperance = mana problems. I could get in one good fight, but the candle was burning from both ends. If my opponent fled (which they always did) I didn't have the mana to chase them down. Seemed like I spent freakin' forever sleeping up just for mana. Anyway, shield paladin with temperance is a very powerful combo, but to be honest no one dies to it unless they make a mistake. In the kills I got, that mistake was usually spamming in one attack too many.

Thror: You're very much awesome to follow. Our last talk where you gave me the rest of my empowerment was one of the best interactions I've had from the mortal end. Thanks!

Iunna: Great times with you too, you and Thror are golden together. I was looking forward to learning more. Also, Thror doesn't date elves! Scandalous...

Had fun with a lot of my fellow mortals. Thanks to everyone I interacted with. Arrna, thanks for the interview! Lorn, screw you and your poetry! Had great fun with that. Humbert, you give the best pre-interviews. I learned a ton about shield paladins from you. :P

Not sure when I'll be back... I'll have a better gauge of my timing soon. I'm hit real hard with classes between now and December... EC 301 and 302 right now, at double-speed because it's Summer, and EC 402, 420 and 498 along with a poli sci class in the Fall. Maybe I'll roleplay a dark-elf economist for Empire... an eeeevil economist! Anyway, the only saving grace is that I'll be done working August 1st, so at least I can stop the full-time work and full-time school thing. It's funny, you get so used to going 100 miles a minute that I barely even feel busy right now... I'm just always wondering where my time went. :P

Aarn
83232, RE: Whelp
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah. Now why'd you have to go and do that? This was a great character and I had a lot of high hopes for a strong Paladin follower to help drive my faith home. There are some particulars with Thror religion and goodies, but I felt like this character had the know-how to pull it off.

Iunna and I had more or less put dibs on how much a force you would be. By the looks of it, you started out strong. Very good RP and a great sense of humor for this character.

I can relate about the time. It's almost better than you're involved in several different things to help you plan accordingly.

Best of luck with the next one.