Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [HERALD] Nacklewig the Queen's Chef, Creator of Coveted Confections
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82962
82962, (DELETED) [HERALD] Nacklewig the Queen's Chef, Creator of Coveted Confections
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jul 17 02:44:41 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Nacklewig perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:196
83009, Meh!
Posted by Nacklewig on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man, I had a lot of fun, but in the end I just got bored. I guess that kind of thing happens. I blame double XP weekend.

This was a comeback character after about a 3 year-ish break. I didn't want anything too serious, so I thought, hey, I hardly ever see a gnome healer, why not? That, and I thought that Merg's religion looked very cool, so I gave it a shot. I also thought it would be cool to play a severely hampered character. Man, a couple of those flaws I took made things REALLY hard, especially as a healer. It was fun having 5 flaws though. I probably should have taken more.

I really interacted with a ton of characters, so if I don't say anything about you specifically, post and I'll reply.

Merg - Were you ever around? Meh! I felt like I would do all sorts of cool stuff for you and I always felt like you never saw most of it. I'd send cool notes, leave TONS of stuff in your shrine, send up some pretty neat prays, make people do all sorts of interesting things for my help/prayers, and cooked some pretty...interesting things for you. I guess that when I play an empowered char, I crave lots of Imm attention and I never felt like you were around.

Iunna - You rock. Absolutely rock. The amount of time and energy that you put in is amazing and it's appreciated. In my eyes, you are the perfect Imm. Thank you for never shying away from an interaction and for going out of your way to do cabal stuff. Of course, it hurt me IC sometimes, but hey, I loved it as a player. I would have done a little more subversive cooking if I hadn't felt you were almost always watching me. Oh, and putting a pair of dwarf testicles in your hand was classic. I laughed a lot about that one.

Thror - See above. Man, you are just a blast to interact with. I'm really glad you are back. I wish that I was around for that whole thing. It would have been nice to assist with that. Everytime I've interacted with you, it's been nothing but class. Thanks for what you do, it doesn't go unnoticed and is much appreciated.

Neltouda - Only interacted with you once, but thanks for the smite :P It was fun thinking up an interactive way to kick you in the shin as Merg wanted.

Enlilth - You and I seemed to jive. That time when you popped in the Inn was a lot of fun. Wish we could have interacted more often.

Fyee - Damn, I liked you. I wish I could have been around earlier in your life. I know you'd be shaking your head at a lot of my actions, but you were fun. Hey, it was my role to be silly and nutty and whatnot. I really missed you when you deleted.

Zalenne - You, too, are wonderful. Sorry I lost interest. It would have been fun having you as a leader. I'm curious how you would have handled some of my more...weird antics.

Norhm - I agree with what Iunna said in your goodbye. In fact, I think everytime you logged on, I tried to remember to cb NORHM!!!! You came up with some great ideas.

Messervy - Thanks for always wanting to go out and do stuff. It was a lot of fun hanging out with you. I wish we could have gone out and done more, but hey, I was sphere Gluttony and I was a lazy turd.

Wegge - Man, I remember when you came to my eating contest when you were just into pk. I liked hanging out and flirting with you.

Edika - Wow, we just didn't get a long. I think the feeling was mutual.

Leaders - I really wish that event would have worked out, I think it would have been really cool and gotten people to do some really cool things. I also think that there would have been a lot of player base interest. It really could have been something special. It was kind of disappointing to talk to the leader of every cabal, explain it all to them, have them agree and show interest, then...nothing. I wrote the note and not a single leader replied to it. Oh well, another time.

Well, like I said, there are a ton more I'm forgetting and I know that, but I'm at work and should get back to it.

I've played:

<51 H-Elf Thi> (BATTLE) Gough the Dumb Blonde
<51 D-Elf War> (EMPIRE) Tyldur the Knight Hero, Imperial Soldier
<51 Human Tra> (ENTROPY) Yarnty the Hero of Alteration
<51 Elf Tra> (ARBITER) Calarathiel Tanthanalas, the Beloved Child of the Hummingbird, Aribter Lady
<51 Human Bar> (MARAN) Pohanad the Ale-Soaked Maran, Drunken Drummer of the Brigade
<51 Human Asn> (NEXUS) Nydeikon the Unseen Flame, Lord Elder of Nexus
<51 Arial Hea> (DAWN) Prendarid the Protector of Faith, Seeker of Ovens
<51 Felar War> (NEXUS) Braoldan the Weaponmaster
<51 Duerg War> (BATTLE) Feolin the Weaponmaster
<51 Felar War> (FORTRESS) (MARAN) Tyohleib Meh'Vhyn the Empathic Fang, Talon of the Phoenix
<51 H-Drw Hea> (TRIBUNAL) Onirakoth Wy'ioth the Dreaded Prelate of Reason, Provost Magistrate
<51 Gnome Hea> (HERALD) Nacklewig the Queen's Chef, Creator of Coveted Confections
83024, RE: Meh!
Posted by Mergulla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Huh, I honestly had you pegged for someone else who happens to play a lot of Heralds and says Heck all the time. Our times didn't mesh up very well, and for that I'm very, very sorry. You'd probably be surprised to know that ALL of Mergulla's empowerees so far have been gluttony gnome healer. I also wasn't quite sure what to do with a neutral. The stuff you made me was awesome and always much appreciated. I was really looking forward to seeing what you'd do with the Meichelle thing, and I was also looking for you to tattoo you. I think I'm cursed because so far every time I get ready to tattoo someone with Merg they up and delete. It's a pity too because I think you would have really appreciated prog I have on it.

Good luck on your next, that's a very impressive character list.
83034, Oh man, that's no good
That makes me regret deleting a little bit, oh well. I really dig your religion and I've said it before, but damn, that's a cool shrine. Prolly my favorite I've ever been to. I'm just glad you got all that stuff. Hopefully I did a good enough job not being too evil; I know I skirted the line at times. I really wanted to do more sinister things, but then again, I was neutral, so I didn't want to push it too far. Thanks for thinking up such a fun religion and I'm sorry our times didn't mesh more.

Damn Nep, I wish I could have seen that prog!

Oh yeah, I never said a HUGE thanks to Iunna for that commune. It was awesome fun, especially for pissing off paladins.
83038, RE: Oh man, that's no good
Well you know what that means...you'll just have to try again with something eeeeeevil. I was always kind of afraid to push you because, well, you were neutral. It wouldn't be really fair if I encouraged you to be evil would it?
83025, Bitch!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I done coded up the tattoo special so you could get it and then you deleted!

It's overpowered for Herald gnome chef healer, too. I'm only partly kidding about this.
83026, ...yeah
You know there's a problem when you submit a prog request and the response comes back from team IMP: "Isn't this over powered for Herald chef healer?"
94186, oops
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdrgwsg
83027, For what its worth, I still heart you!
Posted by Sarien on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember Pohanad when I was playing Selfren! ;)

Hope you stick around.

-S
83029, RE: Meh!
Posted by Meichelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now how am I going to explain why I don't have any story to tell Mergulla! I may have to do some embellishments or something..I was dreading what you might try and put me through, but was looking forward to being able to tell the Queeny about it later. Meh.

Was fun talking to you the times we talked, and was part of why I did what I did, and it fit the role as well, but I won't say much else on it for now other than another MEH!.
83033, Doh!
Yeah, I feel bad about leaving you hanging there. Sorry about that. I really was looking forward to doing some very nasty, creepy things to you. And, of course, I was going to involve others, you know, get the Queen's name out there. It is amazing how many people would send me tells like "What Queen?" Bleh! You're fun in a very dark and sinister way. I dug it. Thanks for all the fun interactions.
83030, Good char
Posted by Guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't see a whole lot of you.

But when I read one of your notes to Merg I knew I had some competition!

PS Nydeikon was awesome, even if you did burn an hour of my life in the Viel of organia
83031, Oh Babblebutt...
Posted by Fyeereth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You cracked me up constantly, even if I was somewhat obligated to yell at you IC. Thanks for all the laughs and inspired events (and hash brownies :D) and just being an all around fun person to interact with. I'm starting to worry I've begun some sort of horrible Herald deletion chain reaction, though. Sorry!
83035, Fog o' Lights! nt
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

><51 Human Tra> (ENTROPY) Yarnty the Hero of Alteration

83036, Woot, woot!
Man...I miss Entropy so much. That was, by far, my favorite cabal ever. I can't believe someone out there in this world still remembers that! Pure awesomeness.
83039, You be mised
Posted by Edika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh ####...

At first, I was not very appreciative of a loud-mouth gnome healer. Later you grew on me and I liked interacting with you. I actually like talking to you. I enjoyed when you logged in, I would say "BLARG". To me it meant "#### U". I dont know what it meant by you.

I enjoyed banter with you trying to show off how much Neltouda was better than your queen and soon you stopped responding. I always waiting for the smite whenever I said something retarded about the Queen.

I tried getting you come on couple of adventures with me, but everytime you declined. I wanted a personal healing bitch.

We crossed path before. With your Calarathiel, I played Breuno (High Priestess of the Hummingbird).

GLWYN
83047, .....AH CRAP!
Posted by Weggetana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have got to say, I had HIIIGHHHH Hopes with how we two Gnome Chefs could bounce off each other. Every time we got together though I ended up freaking DEAD. I would have never touched your nose again- I can say for sure.

I'm not really sure HOW it happened but we had a great thing going.

My playing times always been funky and lately it's been REAL early AM so sorry I kept missing you.

Best of Luck man, and come back to Herald!
83059, Aw, shucks.
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You definitely toed the line a lot of times with me, and I was
teetering between hating you and loving you through most of it.
Thanks for the too kind words (we all know you're biased for
the Mrs.) and hope you've got something new cooking already. :)
83092, RE: Meh!
Posted by Zalenne on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damnit, what's this, "let's all delete and leave the new HH all alone in the cabal" week?

Nacklewig was fun, in small to moderate doses... too high exposure would cause actual real life facepalming, not just in-game. I'm going to miss that, though. ;)

Good to have an old face back!

-- Zalénne
83157, RE: Meh!
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sonofa...

So my biggest problem right now is that I want to interact with everyone. On the flipside, everyone seems to want to interact with me.

One of the more positive experiences was with Nackle. He was such a classy, goofy character. I loved it. You reminded me so much of Grumorum, but not quite so stinky and with class.

I had a few things I wanted to request of you to help me outwit/trick Iunna. Rewards abound were in store. I'm sorry we never got to play that out. I was a little pressed for time when we did interact. I apologize. It could have been a more eventful experience the next time around.

Great job and good luck on the next one. Great list of characters there. I wouldn't have even guessed it.
94158, RE: Meh!
Posted by Grumorum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

>One of the more positive experiences was with Nackle. He was
>You reminded me so much of Grumorum, but not quite so stinky and with >class.

I take extreme exception to that.
94163, Grummy! Are you back? n/t
Posted by Stunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
94184, *rolls gnome healer* nt
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
94247, Hey man!
Posted by Nossie on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Since starting a new job I stopped playing alltogether, but I definitely remember most of your characters, of which I have the fondest memories of the ale-cask-saluting Pohanad. I played Seltun at that time, the wine-soaked wanderer. Perhaps, in the future, I might return, but for now work and fatherhood is keeping me busy enough as it is. It was nice to see that name appear, though, so I thought to leave a word.
82967, RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Nacklewig the Queen's Chef, Creator of Coveted Confections
Posted by Elkae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well that sucks, there's hardly ever any Heralds on so losing someone isn't good. Was hoping to kidnap you so I could regain the lost exp from some asshole causing me an mdeath when trying to PK. Groar.
82970, Damn! I was hoping for some more RPing with you....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...Though it was hard to gun at. We had a few things that would clash when we met. And it did for a while. A shame I didn't get to play it out with you. :(