Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Thiumir the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82943
82943, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Thiumir the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Jul 16 18:42:28 2009

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Thiumir perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:79
83087, That time on Carendyl!
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was most likely the most spectacular save I've made!

Four skeletons walks in on us... Sanc falls on me and the healer has just left for something. I rescue out the others who retreat. And then I retreat. And Thiumir gets left behind. And someone says that he "lost his mind". So, I head back in, rescue him out from 4 skeletons and take the blows until he gets back and moves out. Then I managed (Barely due to misdirections/bash) flee. Having 35hps left, bleeding. But, I lived! :D

I was like HOLY CRAP! THAT was cool! ;)

Anyways, we didn't interact much except for that ocassion on the mountain. I hope you come back with something else soon.
82981, Please stop deleting villagers!
Posted by Shifty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I create a char just for Nexus because villagers are kicking arse. After I get inducted, Woldrun con dies, nexus numbers jump, and a bunch of good ragers delete.

Please, I need to be the underdog.
83003, Stop ganking then n/t
Posted by Lazytosignin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
83006, Stop whining then n/t
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
83007, Not whining really
I was being serious.

It's been proven that ganks diminish the fun factor for other players. If he's bitching that his enemies are deleting, and given the recent trends of cabal warfare, it appears that ganking is a contributing factor, why not stop ganking? You can play the game without ganking you know. Just because your entire cabal goes for a raid doesn't mean you have to join them. Just because your entire cabal goes to defend against 2 people, or even one person, doesn't mean you have to join them.

I don't know who he plays, but chances are he actively and consciously makes that decision and ruins a part of the fun factor for other players. You don't have to get looted to stop enjoying the game = consecutive deaths, for whatever reason (including being stupidly suicidal), diminishes the fun factor.

Don't make excuses.
83014, Assumptions can be bad. nt
hjk
83023, Sorry, I just realized how it came off. Not telling you specifically to stop ganking, but in a general sense n/t
Posted by Lazytosign on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
83100, Hahahah what?
Posted by Vortex_Guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Clearly, this game was developed specifically to avoid ganking. Thats why all the cabal powers are -completely- balanced, every character class combo has an equal chance at beating every other character class combo, and little things like emperor powers, Cabdru-level APs, Liches, and yes, villagers exist, right?

Please.

Ganking is the answer when the opponents are too difficult to be fought alone. I consider most villagers to be in this category, some people disagree.

Its one of the very few balancing factors in this game that is under the complete control of the players, not the imms.

Especially with the implementation of the anti-gank code, ganking is suddenly more difficult to do and easier to escape than ever before.

Personally, I consider ganking to be one of the most useful balancing factors in the game. Without ganking, certain matchups, like transmuter vs scout with dispelling critical hit or duergar shaman behind centurions vs any villager become ridiculously silly and one-sided.
83098, His Buddy heroe'd.
Posted by Permafan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now he'll go role his reall character and get all his cool stuff.

I don't really know if that's the case, but he was only ever with one other character. Granted.. Not many Storm giants around to group with battle characters.
83104, Why are goodies allowed in Village again? nt
nt
82979, Heh dude I feel bad at times about some of the things.
Posted by Sau on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But you kept getting harder to face, and that one time I was in a bad mood from loosing my gear to bash/deathblow and took some things.
I wished you didnt log out. I am sorry.
82945, Another person who was drawn in by deathblow...
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...and didn't realize being a rager actually kinda sucks balls.

Can't say I'm sorry to see you go.

Better luck with your next.
82946, He is up against 3 bards(min?) and lifesurge. Can be annoying. ntnt
Posted by Have to admit on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ntnt
82947, Alright, an example of what I faced once...
Assassin(x2), armadillo, healer, seven-path invoker, bard, lion.

I didn't whine.
82948, RE: Alright, an example of what I faced once...
Posted by Thiumir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you miss the point, Its the fact
that in four days, i have gone from 19con to 14. The reason being it is just repetitive gang after gang after gang. Not one, not even two would ever stick around to fight you. Neglecting kyaltaru and calbaseeti.

10hr bard sleep is ####ing stupid. Absolutely stupid.
No sleep should ever last more then four hours.

and the Phantasmal killers are ####ing terribly annoying, but it was that that i kept getting killed to, it was the 3 + people perma lagging you and getting to watched your char slowly whittle away and die and not being able to do a damn ####ing thing. Then they have the nerve to prance around like they are king #### deserving respect.

#### that
82949, Not saying he can whine
Posted by CD on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I just can understand why he'd delete perhaps.
82958, I mostly agree with this post. NT
NT
82954, Of course...you can gang me with another villager and forties...
Posted by Lornis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pot...kettle?
82960, I think it's fair to say.
Posted by Kyaltaru on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I only came at you with more than one if it was a raid situation I believe, but I know I could be wrong on that with me fighting you and you flee and someone hitting you that I didn't know about...

But...

I feel like I treated you with respect as I try to every person on CF. Because seeing #### like this makes me realize it's not a game to people and it's more of a job, a ####ty job, and that shouldn't be the case. That's why I made sure to leave everything you had any time I killed you.

Sorry you're upset though, I can understand and feel your pain. You just had it really crappy against me, but then again.. I have it really crappy against Gzurweeg and other people. It's just the balance of CF, in this case you just gave the use of preps up for rager powers, and that means LOTS of deaths with a weak village and everyone else rolling strong. I just think that last stuff you said to me was pretty off, but I figured you were just pissed and venting so I let you.

Good luck with your next man, I hope it's fruitful.

-Kyaltaru Tel'dethian
83005, Welcome to the life of an Orc, but you have deathblow and resist. nt
Posted by Orc on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
82951, Hey! Give that cross back! I'M supposed to bear it! n/t
Posted by Jesus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
82956, Hush, you!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Second Coming's not on my Outlook calendar this week. Go back to being dead, or whatever it is you normally are!
82968, RE: Hush, you!
Posted by Elkae on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Outlook? As in Microsoft Outlook? You're banned from the coding team. Turn in your card.
82971, RE: Hush, you!
Come take it if you can!
82952, RE: Alright, an example of what I faced once...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess you've just become accustomed to taking it up the rear on a regular basis.

I might whine if I had to go up against that group regularly.
82957, Nah...
Fri Feb 16 19:55:08 2007 by 'An Immortal' at level 44 (95 hrs):
An Immortal added 4000 exp for: This guy is definitely a trooper. No fear and doing a really awesome job against lousy odds.

Wed Feb 28 20:14:34 2007 by 'An Immortal' at level 50 (146 hrs):
An Immortal added 4000 exp for: For completing the quest of killing Zesam who has been a thorn in his side for so long. Made him some armbands.

<1089/1114(97%)HP 328m 792(100%) |full| ||11 PM|| 18669> examine armbands
A pair of armbands made from the flesh of Zesam are here.

Armbands made from flesh is armor worn on the arms, made of energy, and weighs 1 pounds 0 ounces.

You sac up and accept it. Life is tough sometimes. It gives you lemons, you need to make lemonade.
82950, Catch-22, love
Posted by Vortex_Guest on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As long as ragers have deathblow, bloodthirst, and all their other little prepless perks, I'll deliberately attempt to gang as many as possible in the most systematic fashion available.

Meanwhile, I don't try -nearly- as hard to gang down non-villager warriors that much, barring raid situations or preludes to raid situations, even though often ganking them is important to seal the kill, because they have escape options that ragers don't :)
82953, You're a real hero. nt
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
82955, Based on this:
You're kinda sad.

And not in a good way, like a drunken clown.
82961, RE: Catch-22, love
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That just makes you a ####.

Especially when you gang defenders and scouts.
82963, Tosser ~
Posted by Abernytee on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
83065, Ditto to this. You can tell anyone who disagrees with your reaction to kindly #### off. nt
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Bard Repertoire Clarifications:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=6&topic_id=23735&mesg_id=23735&page=
83090, Edited message.
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's not worth arguing with you.
82999, Lifesurge isnt any more powerfull than giving a warrior an extra spec or legacy..
Posted by Cerunnir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which happens fairly often.
83004, Disagree
Maybe 1% of warriors get an extra spec. Most likely, less = in recent times, only Woldrun got a full set of another spec. There was a svirf commander who got one or two (hamstring and something else).

Extra legacy? Sure, but you don't get to choose it, and some legacies just aren't that great. And legacies from role contests are usually given based on what the warrior has and how tough his combo is. IE I had a storm dagger/mace hpm/maelstrom spec...I got space between heartbeats. A cool cool legacy, but my combo wasn't exactly the best.

Not to mention lifesurge heals 30 hp every round...so what's that you get healed an extra 210 hp per tick on othe average? As a commune that you can have 24/7 (not that Kyaltaru does)? Might as well as give executioner's grace to an assassin as a role contest reward when the assassin is level 35 (please gimme!)

83077, I got Riddle twice, Enigma and Forsaken thoughts.
Of all, Enigma was probably the most overpowered (I was a lowbie fire sword spec) but all were role specific.

Space is a great legacy to get with your combo IMHO. I know it mostly works with dexy/int-based builds, but stab + boneshatter and they are going to be trying to wield other weapons so you have chances for Space to fire.

Lifesurge is crazy buff, no doubt. But it's mitigated by the fact that a healer has to see you to commune it on you AND it only fires when you are hurt.

Not to mention healing curse > lifesurge.

All in all I like that rewards such as legacies/specs/communes are part of Role Contests.
83010, I disagree as well
Posted by Daurwyn2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lifesurge is more powerful than most legacies I can think of. And bear in mind that this lifesurge doesn't have to be used ona a warrior. It can, for example, be used on someone who is using a lot of dam redux. From what I recall, lifesurge was not particularly diminished by dam redux. So that 30hp per round can be equivalent to hundreds of hp on an unprotected target.

It also allows you to heal up very fast just by breaking off, without worrying about getting "full".

Plus it gives such a con boost that rot's unlikely to be a serious issue.
82944, Heheh. nt
Posted by Forsakenz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt