Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dolce the Unrepenting Force of Strength, Imperial War Master
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82851
82851, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dolce the Unrepenting Force of Strength, Imperial War Master
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jul 13 12:42:40 2009

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Dolce perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:328
82916, No words for me?
Posted by Golly-wyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Biatch ;) Liked you a lot and couldn't think of another one better to replace me. GLWYN
82917, Sorry man...
Posted by Dolce on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There are SO many shout-outs I missed. You were definitely a good War Master oh so many moons ago. You kicked some ass with that dexy build (I had a dexy Elite Blade - Carintsei and it was alot of fun).

IC - I was angling for your War Master spot from day one. I was a lowbie when you got it, and was trying to do the powerrank thing to get it first.

Sorry I took your job and then you up and deleted. I was really hoping for some IC War Master/Elite friction.
82881, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dolce the Unrepenting Force of Strength, Imperial War Master
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dolce, Dolce, Dolce.

I saw a great deal of potential in you. You came to me with a very ambitious goal. To Thror, it was something that was going to strengthen you, your target and the Empire.

Were you to succeed, I had some very specific Sapper Training in mind for you which I felt would make your risk very worthwhile.

Had you failed, I was going to put you through a tough ringer that would either break you or make you much stronger. I hate that it ended like this because I felt like your idea has a strong chance for success.

Every other instance of me watching you was impressive. You seemed like a great Yean follower and seemed like the Ying to Woldrun's Yang. Great job on a solid character.
82895, Thanks for the kind words... and WELCOME BACK!
I really wanted to further what you and I had talked about, and I was really psyched that you took my "random" tell and ran with it. Awesome IMM interaction.

Unfortunately, playtimes of certain characters stopped matching up and others went the way of the dodo bird.

Also, I was definitely feeling some negativity from other chars regarding my recent lack of playtime and I didn't want to punish those characters IC and then not play enough to give them a chance to get back at me.

I'll definitely be rolling a Thror char in the future... and again WELCOME BACK!
82874, RE: (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Dolce the Unrepenting Force of Strength, Imperial War Master
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought it was cool that you actually took a flaw that was detrimental to your character. Probably this is part of what suckered me for you at role contest time?
82914, But how I hated bards and transmuters!
youch
82915, much less practicing... nt
nt
82866, Liked your character...
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... strong, assertive, non douchy. Good job.
82903, We intereacted some throughout life...
I never wanted you to feel like sanc on a string - you didn't owe me anything, so I tried not to abuse your gifts.

Thanks for the kind words - I enjoyed our interactions too.
82858, wierd
Posted by laxicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First off I want to say that Dolce was a good warrior and good war master.

but yean.. what is your religion about anyway? I could have sworn it was really about personal strength and going it alone...

Average Group Size Per Kill 2.44

Death's Gank-O-Meter says: Super-Ganky

thats a ludacrisly high gank-o-meter, ludacrisly high i say again how did dolce ever get your tat?
82869, RE: wierd
Posted by Susu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know one way or the other what Dolce's habits were, I only killed him by assassination. However, I know from personal experience that you can be a very serious solo fighter and still end up with a much higher than expected group per kill number if you are a cabal member, because every now and then you can't help but be part of that 5 man raiding group that kills the lone defender. You kill scores of people yourself, but then four or five five or six to one shots, and your gank number will look skewed. It's just a flaw of the system, unfortunately.

Again, I don't know Dolce's play well enough to judge one way or the other, but I think it's certainly plausible if not very likely that he was part of some of the huge empire groups from time to time and that would make even a usual solo killer look like an uber ganker.
82893, RE: wierd
Posted by Yean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I spoke to him about that and warned him actually..would have removed the tatt but he provided sufficient reason and I've seen him jump into bad odds and work it solo as well. Susu more or less outlined it below.
82926, so what your saying
Posted by laxicus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is that its totally ok to break your religon rp to avoid cabal consequences?

Seriously it takes a monumental effort to break a 2.0 gank with over 100 kills (37 of them solo which is not a small number). If he couldn't find some rp reason to break away from the gank squad he just flat out doesn't fit a religion that is so solo oriented that using npcs is bad (let alone 68 ganks with a lich).

Yean your cool, Dolce I really think was a cool and capable char solo but the fact remains that he didn't take proactive steps to embrace the "lifestyle" of the religion, he was faced with a challenege in a gank happy leader and instead of holding his ground he became a faceless hoard member. There is absolutly no reason he should get the best of both worls for wussing out.

OVER 2!!!!!!!!!!!!! there has been less then 10 players throughout the history of pbfs to be that bad, though I am sure ahtieli has personally contributed to the largest number of these types of gank o meters of anyone in the history of the game with both his lich and past chars.

Out of curiosity has he(Ahtieli) broken 1000 pk assists yet? It wouldn't surprise me.
83075, that's not what i'm saying.
No, it's not fine to break religion rp to avoid cabal consequences. Using my Fort pally followers for example, every single one of them have ran into trouble, and a few booted because of religion.

How I work - I listen to what others tell me or note down about my followers because I can't be there 24/7. But I still much prefer to reward or punish based on personal observation. I personally saw Dolce get into some good fights alone, sometimes against really bad odds to boot. A huge portion of his bigger fights took place in cabal areas, and those I do not take into account.

The high gank-o-meter did lead me to question him about it (towards the end of his life his timings started to drift apart from mine). Yes hard stats do not lie, but no I don't like to base every judgment using dead figures.

I'm not sure if you've ever played my religion, but it's much more intricate than just being solo-oriented. What I expect from every char may be entirely different, depending on his or her role.

And finally, this is my religion. At the end of the day who wears the tattoo and who doesn't is really up to me. :)
82902, I knew my gank meter was going to look horrible...
It's really hard not to in Empire, especially when you have a few days of the Imperial Hoarde ganks under your belt.

I will say, in my defense, alot of my ganks were on the way to the Fortress and in Imperial Lands when Forties would walk in one by one to try and retrieve and they'd get summoned/ganked on the way in.

I hope some of you saw that I was competent and willing to fight solo as well.
82854, The evil retard dies...
To all of those who made Dolce and Gabbana comments throughout Dolce's life... bleh. When I made the char, I didn't even think of the D&G reference... but I sure was reminded of it constantly. I really tried to ignore it as best I could.

Dolce was rolled as a completely "retarded" character - if you look at the role, he was pretty much a babbling idiot in his early days. Couldn't go to the store and buy food since he didn't understand people/commerce. Could only eat when he stumbled upon it, etc. Slowly he gained some self awareness and began learning to do things on his own. Joined Empire for the "Order" (and also to see if he could crack the Russian Mob running things @ the time - eventually he did... My last Empire char was Carintsei, and wasn't able to crack the Russian War Master position).

My last two chars were a svirf polearm spec, Kikebi (Nexus) and a gnome staff/dagger Grunta (villager) - so i figured it was time to try Empire again with a bigger than midget race... it was fun.

Thanks to Demitride for suggesting to Dolce to take polearm. I totally intended to go H2H, but since Dolce was dumb he decided to take the advice of someone else. I never wanted to play polearm. Rarely used it either. But I took one in the junk for RP purposes :)

Anyways, I'll post some specific goodbyes later but I want to definitely give special shoutouts to:

Yean - Super RP IMM. Awesome interactions. I'm not sure I really deserved them all, but definitely appreciated them.

Ahtieli - Great player/great char - It sucks that you get a bad rap

Zizzle - So helpful... and I still don't know why

Grawshen - Kickass villager. And not because you died to me. But you fought like a villager should - mean.

Woldrun - No-nonsense guy. Standup leader. I wish I was more liek you.

More to come...

I would love to hear feedback, both good and bad to help further my next char.

Thanks.

82868, RE: The evil retard dies...
Posted by Lightmaged on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed fighting you with my last char. Few months now. Drue-Maran conjurer. You were one of only a few classy Imperials about during those times. Enjoyed scrying you, as your roleplay always was amusing to listen to as well.

Good luck.
82896, You and your scrying...
Every time you were logged on (and you were logged on ALOT it seemed while I was trying to get from 42 to hero), I knew I was going to have you charging at me - so I couldn't get alot accomplished.

It was so frustruating for me, but definitely kept me on my toes.

Good char.
82870, RE: The evil retard dies...
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
My first thoughts were actually "dulce de leche" and "la dolce vita".
82890, Me too
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Always thought of him as haagen daaz caramel ice cream....mmm.
82901, I have to tell my wife that the "silly game i play" think's I'm ice cream. nt
nt
82873, Crappy char
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I certainly did not like you as both Linden and Borslav. Stupid irrelevant orders, endless boasting via CB and finally anathemaing because you want that piece of gear and just can not get it by yourself.
82891, Dude, that's Empire
Posted by Baerinika on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Isn't that how Empire SHOULD be played? Treating those below you like crap? Ordering them around because you can? Isn't that eeeeevil?
82898, Take Ahtieli as an example.
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
She is kinda evil. But she does not give dumb orders, she defends (while I often saw Dolce running hell know where when we expected the attack), she does not boasts over CB like "Oh they all hide and run from me!" etc.

Its possible to play by many ways, both crappy and respectful
82905, Ahtieli is far better than me....
... but still. You were the bigger fool 99.9% of the time. I'd raid/retrieve. You'd word out, hide for a while, and come in after the fight was over.

I'm not going to go and have a flamewar with you, but I think Dolce > Linden and Borslav from a RP standpoint anyday.
82920, Think about how many times I demoted you.
Posted by Xanthrailles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes you just need to suck it up when you part of a military.
82897, Sorry dude - I don't feel sorry for you at all.
Linden, I promoted more than just about anyone. You kept finding ways to get demoted. I thought you were competent, but also heard a gazillion people tell me how you were a complete scrub IC.

Borslav - I also had you promoted to Citizen. I told you I would take that one piece of decent armor in return. You bitched, whined, complained. You then said that I should demote/anathema you and give it back. So I did. I could have killed you first and THEN anathemad you. I could have brought you to the Throne Room, anathemae'd you, had you ganked and full looted - but NO. I returned your one piece of gear let you leave, and THEN anathema'd you.

You then taunted me, went duo, and deleted a short time later. You knew what you were getting into when you asked to be anathema'd over a piece of gear. A Citizen doesn't tell a War Master what to do. Sorry.
82892, RE: The evil retard dies...
I enjoyed Dolce..though he did seem to die out towards the end there unfortunately. Anyway it was fun..take care and hope you enjoyed the religion some. Glwyn!
82900, Enjoyed the religion. Enjoyed the MANY interactions.
SHAMELESS PLUG HERE - If anyone wants fun interactions, follow Yean!

Her tattoo may be underpowered, but her charisma is great!
82912, All is fair in love and war
Posted by Nian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But it does suck to be at the short end of the summon+bash thing. It really got old to die the instant I stepped in. I was sorta hoping you just ignored me after a while, seeing how little I did to you guys :D

But in all seriousness, whatever. That's raids/defends.

What I personally would have liked was more interaction, sure, you were a hard hitting wall, and for me, just someone to avoid, which is cool (I guess :P). But, I missed that random chat here and there. In all that time, I don't think you said more words than there are fingers on two hands.
83113, Farewell!
Posted by Zizzle1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You bashed people, were generally cheerful, and let me metabolytically enquickenate you. What more could I ask for!
82853, We really never did get any real chance to fight 1vs1....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... Except for that one time, when I caught you somewhat unprepared. You retreated, and I brought the transmuter to go and raid against you. Ran into you in Balator...

Though I fought with and against you with other chars, and I've liked everything I've seen from you. Even though you whined quite a bit to Arrna. (But I can understand that since every death you had when I was awake was against gangs except for one, when it was 3 of us vs 2 of you at the fortress. To bad you group mate looted you there.)

Hope you come back with something cool soon again. :D
82899, You were a beast to fight...
Whether alone or with friends I knew you'd be a handful unless I prepped to the gills. And I never seemed to have enough preps!

Our last few fights you had sanc or quickening and that made alot of our fights onesided... still, your RP was good, and I'm glad we had that conversation in Galadon guild before I deleted.
82904, hehehe well....
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... I remember one fight in Balator... Where I had stone skin and sanc. I BARELY outdamaged you. And had you flurried and got a max-hit flurry there instead of fleeing, I would have died. And I was just a well geared as you!

So in conclusion of that fight (Though might have been RNG)

Storm giant polespec (Equal gear) :Stone skin, sanc, prot_evil
vs
Fire giant swordspec :Stone skin (Anything else? I doubt it there.)

= A good fight.

So, after that fight... I made sure to ALWAYS have the following things up when fighting you:

Stone, prot, aura, shield, minor-quicken, spiderhands. OR sanc OR transmuter enquicken.

Yeah, a shame we didn't get to talk more. Even though that conversation was REALLY brief, it was one of the BEST conversation I've had this far with Arrna. (And I've HAD ALOT as a leader and religious girl...) A real shame that you're gone!