Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82798
82798, (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 12 03:25:09 2009

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 12th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Xelox perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:149
82930, This hurts to say
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This hurts to say, given how I tend to detest your characters, but ... I liked Xelox. Part of it was that you were the ONLY imperial that actually hunted down and killed the Russian Anathema, and part of it was probably that this character, unlike your others, returned most of your victims' gear :P And part of it was when Woldrun was interviewing a couple of us for Drillmaster, one of his questions was which enemy presented the greatest challenge. After we all basically answered along the lines of "liches," Woldrun nodded and named "Xelox." I'd take that as a compliment.

Anyway, good luck with your next.
82933, I have the serios question to you.
Posted by Kjrorh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do you really mastrubate over my pk deaths? I can post logs of my deaths if what. You seems to me need it ;)
82934, we are the warrior n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
82935, RAAAAAAGEEEE OOOFFFFF DDDDRRRAAAGGOOOOOOON!!! NT
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
roflfart
82936, Serious answer: No, it's not about you.
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's why the post I am responding to says "Xelox," and not "Why is this guy not banned, yet?"
82959, Mental problems? Do you want to talk about it?
Posted by Kjrorh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Come on, don't hold it in yourself. Lets talk about it.
82907, RE: (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Igsoeh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Like I said in Kale's goodbye. Great job, sorry we couldn't help you get rid of the lich so you could make even more money for one legged whores. Were you anethema'd for not showing up, or did you get it and then do something else?
82906, Thanks for the ill fated hell trip.
Posted by Koe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was out of the blue and was the deepest I ever had been. Was fun, even if you were pretty mean to me IC. :P
82880, RE: (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
From my limited time watching you - you looked solid. I saw you steamroll through people and that was fun to watch.

Best of luck with the next one.
82826, A shame we never got to fight 1vs1, from what I saw, I liked you...
Posted by Arrna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...And I've liked all your previous chars as well. Both as an enemy and an ally.

I was quite surprised that so much was in my corpse that time when You, Dten, Zwerg, Senket and Chamantha got me at the centurions. Quite classy. (Considering I was decked and only lost the bloodstone rings, bracers and some highend gauntlets and belt.) :D

Well, go make another Ravon. ;)
82812, RE: (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Humbert. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Definitely tough and competent. Expected no less from this player.

Make another Ravon this time :) We need another massive powerhouse aside from Empress.
82824, RE: (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by A2 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No more broken edge and broken skill, so no more Ravons.
82834, RE: (AUTO) [None] Xelox the Legend of the Battlefield, Anathema to the Empire
Posted by Xelox. on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked fighting you a lot, the HPM vs sword matchup is pretty interesting. Sometimes, like the very first time I killed you when I was checking edges in my guild and then I saw you bash me, I really thought I was toast but then HPM would cut through defenses every single hit, other times I couldn't land a hit for the life of me. Felt like the RNG was quite tempermental, the highs of this character were very high and the lows were very low. That time with me against you and Lortas at the Palace, I really feel like I could have given a really close fight, but somehow my inner wimp kicked in and I just fled out to put up a couple more preps, and by that time you were healed. Good fights.
82806, So one day when you were like 12th rank I attack you.
Posted by hooty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you flipped out cussed me OOC saying 'Way to ruin it for newbie asshole!'

Then I saw you team up with the Ruskies and power rank in like 2 days.

I really think the Imms should look a this guys IP addy and watch him closely. I have no doubt he is a cheater and the game would be more fun without him.
82802, You were a great ally...
Posted by Vythigor_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... as with all Imperials, I had to keep some distance from you, but OOCly all I wanted to do was be your heal-bot. Thanks for showing me some great places. You were hands down the best and fastest mapper I know. The speed with which you moved around was insane. I'll never be able to do that.

Come back with something good.
82809, RE: You were a great ally...
I liked Vythigor a lot. We worked together quite a bit, through Xelox and my current char. More to come when he is dead. If I hadn't become a little bored with this character I think we could have done a lot together.
82800, Super weak and lame.
Posted by TMNS_lazy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a great archnemesis IC, but a total douche OOC.

I suppose I'll see Dten here soon enough...
82807, This beg the question.
Posted by hooty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If we players see this behvior and are reporting it, why aren't Imms listening?

This guy was a douche beyond anything you could ever accuse Rogue Scrim or Graatch of being.

I have absolutly no OOC contacts and this sort of thing upsets me because it's so obvious.

I would say this group has done more to drive away players than the Seven or so of them that exist to grief.

It's there Imms please deal with it.
82811, Hey, I know you!
Ah, you must be the guy who used racial slurs, let me know it was your other character coming to kill me in Arendyl the next day, got killed in Arendyl, died and got full looted, then logged back on your orc to yell more profanity at me. I felt that the death + full loot was punishment enough.

It's alright. It sucks to lose - we all die, including me. No need for 20 minute rants and character switching. If you can't handle it, maybe CF isn't the game for you.
82821, No but that's also a good point.
Posted by Hooty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were decked out stupid moments after your OOC tirade and I believe it was a fortuitous meeting in Ever Moon.

You're just a bad actor and I don't see a possitive influence to the game.

I just honestly believe you're a cheater with OOC connections and play to grief without care for the rules.

Of the three I mentioned before Graatch, Rogue, and scrimble, they may be asses at time, but they appear to stricklty stick to the rules and do seem to keep roles (How ever unimaginative or cookie cutter). I can respect that.
82815, RE: This beg the question.
Posted by atean on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in reguards to xelox/dten/another minotaur specifically :)

yeah they were on together alot, they were also on quite a bit seperate. But when they were on together did you expect them to go around fighting all these enemies that are in groups most often, solo?
duh?
no, empire is nothing about honor. At all. There is no pretending about it

As far as driving away players, not really. Made a few delete/ remake? possibly. Does that matter? nope. #### my current char is bugged with a broken skill, improved compare of all things, but it allows you get a few additional skills after. Mines broken, I wrote a note to the imms about it and they told me detect artifact was working just fine. no other comments since.
This is a bugged skill, easily seen. Compare that to something hard such as perma / ooc connections. Do you honestly think any of them are willing to bother?
The same as zulghinlours retarded wand system, do you think it will be dealt with?
This is one thing all players have to suck up. There will be people with ooc connections, no doubt of it. Does it upset the balance? Not near as much as zulghinlour did. Also when they did it joining a cabal on the weak side at hte moment with few members showing? not really.
the only thing I can tell you is to get over it, this has never changed in years, the ooc parts. players have done it, imms have done permas etc. The rules are ignored by most people, imms included.
That has always been true.
You would like that to be changed, you will likely be ignored.
I have been a #### about this, and I am sorry. We are very likely soon to have another mage deleted over zulghinlours wand ####.
how many deletions / mages stopped playing because of this one thing?
Do you think it matters? no. Everyone is tired of this kind of note. Someone deleted, so write about them, not griefing, it does nothing. imms do not care, most players are willing to delete / remake over and over until they get lucky enough to get their wands.
82816, ...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Way to rant on your topic on something that has nothing to do with it.

Maybe it's time for another forum ban.
82819, RE: ...
Posted by same guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
in the message it was used as a comparison, to elaborate that nothing he can say or do matters. Daevryn that can be seen by reading that post. Ban me if you want, I dont care, but put simply its the truth.
82822, You're just as stupid OOC as you are IC.
Posted by Guilo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why would you use your character handle for that dumbass post?
82823, RE: You're just as stupid OOC as you are IC.
Odd, everything I said in my post was true. You however, write.. this?
My post states many examples showing that in most cases, the imms will not enforce rules / fix obvious bugs etc et all. I gave examples of it.
you gave... this? I can see why you didnt use your character handle.
82825, Maybe because it has nothing to do with who I am IC newb.
Posted by Guilo1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was a retarded post with no real weight for the accusations and points you were trying to make.

Epic fail

Move on

82831, RE: Maybe because it has nothing to do with who I am IC newb.
dear god you are a wonder arent ya?

Better than simply saying the imms will not bother than such and such, examples must be given. It is a support of facts.
Does my character have a bugged skill? yes.
Does it matter to the imms? No. I reported the bugged skill and I was told by zulghinlour that a different skill entirely was working just fine.
Taadaa.
The other things I mentioned were also examples of this sitation.
The imms will typically do nothing, or not care.
Some however, like daevryn. actually of what I have seen, really ONLY daevryn will fix things. An example was ghrummin accidentally inducted atean into battle, a necromancer. poke ghrummin. It messed up my char as far as donations, sect etc et all.
Most of the time, as in the things I stated in my post, the imms will not bother with.

It has facts to support the accusations given, to the point to which someone else made I might add, and you write, again, something like this.
You need to move on.

heh, there is a movie to which a girl says ok now.. bye bye. Bye bye now. okay bye bye. bye bye! okay bye bye to a person that just doesnt get it. That person is you. bye bye now
82838, Brief answer
Posted by Ghrummin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Due to various reasons, I was inducting someone and typed 'induct 1.' instead of 'induct <name>'. Sorry if it messed up your game.

As for the entire ABS argument, I'd agree that it makes playing mages less enjoyable.

Then again, you're deflecting the accusation that the imperial gank made through noticeable OOC connections made things less fun for other people and caused some people to delete into your own personal rant about the new ABS system (I have my own mage before you go off on a tantrem that it's because I play a rager). There really is no justification to make the game worse for other players.

And yes, before you call me hypocrite, my own little thing with Jedidiah was a huge huge mistake on my part wherein I was frustrated because I didn't know which channel to go through, and I apologize for that. It was a moment of outburst.

You can't say to other people 'oh, but person B does it, so why can't I do it?'
82839, RE: Brief answer
oh god ghrummin I was laughing my ass off when it happened, I aint gettin on ya about it, all I wanted to do was tease you for accidentally inducting a mage, but immie wouldnt do it. I mentioned it because of that induction, it caused my char to be messed up in the empirial ranks. ie donations not showing, promoting me sent me to empirial citizen, not a black, such stuff as that. Was stating that as cause of bugs to my char. I know it was an accident and I dont hold it against ya man.

As for your second sentance, the argument has been beaten into the ground, the affects of it has been overly bad. actually disgustingly bad, and I will leave it at that.

its not deflecting it, a statement of fact that people use ooc connections to gang people down. That has never changed. Its less fun for people and some quit. Yes. But then again seeing it this way, its not gonna change. You can beat it into the ground, complain about it, everyone on the mud can, it will not change.

I compared it to the abs system as another thing that is more popular at the moment than a few people that are using ooc knowledge to form groups and the like in that manner. More people are deleting their chars / stop playing magi period than anything else thats ever happened to cf. The effects of it has been staggering, and ignored. It is not going to change, as I said in my note, get over it, there is nothing we can do as players to fix zulghy's wand system. Admittedly I like some things zulghinlour has done. This one though bleh. it wasnt a deflection, it was using it as another point.

I dunno what happened with jedidiah, and that was likely between you and him. I dont got any beef with ya, personally think your doin a very good job man.
sometimes #### happens, I know it. Some people accidentally talk in newbie instead of cb more than others -poke-. Your not malicious about it, and it wasnt meant, peeps know it, so dont fret
82827, Ummm, no.
IC Everything was legit and well RP'd.

Unfortunately, I know what I know OOC and the player (who could do so much more, which is the crux of my anger) is content to skirt by on the edge of the rules and play for himself.
82837, Contradicting yourself.
Posted by Hooty on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I seriously doubt he was wholly on the up and up.
82808, RE: Super weak and lame.
That's some random hating - I liked Aeinrez, even though it was clear you were a bit new to the game.
82810, lol @ newbie comment. you are a master baiter. n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
82828, Meh.
I liked you too, until I found out who you were.

Then I was ####ing pissed, because there were several things you did that screamed OOC to me. Logging off one character to play another because of ranges being the worst of the matter.

However, I will repeat this, IC nothing but good from you.
82832, Are you sure?
For almost all of Xelox's active life, I only had one other character, who is not of a directly oppposing cabal to Empire. The only time I cut my sessions short was when the lich logged on and I was playing Xelox. I think you will find that there are probably less than 10 instances of me fighting with the lich and I almost always quit well before he did, just because A) they are russians B) it's really boring to play with a lich. Really think you are confused. Considering several times I gave you fights at bad odds for me, I'm surprised you feel that way. Not sure why you are so bitter.
82840, Because you could be a billion times better and...
...you don't seem to give a ####.

Ilix is a prime example.

And I wouldn't say you put yourself in harm's way. I was in Fortress for Christ's sake. Not like I had a roving deathsquad.

I don't see how raiding with Slivere and you having sanc and me having...nothing put yourself at bad odds.

Only have two instances where I was like 'Wow, this dude is being ballsy for some reason'. And you ended up killing me in one of those instances (Eastern road, I was hasted and entwined you but I just ####ed it all up).

And the shady-ness/logging was before you were hero and got a sick set.

Though I suppose it was coincedence that I hardly ever saw you without another Imperial logging in right after or right before (cough cough Russians and Dten).
82818, Im still around
Posted by Dten on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

I just keep trying to find motivation. My desire went down when i got demoted for traveling with a secret scion at the time. At that point I really decided maybe I didnt want to continue. Especially because Zerrla decided to auto and was never around and I have to find ahtieli for promotion. But i hate being on when ahtieli is on because then there is no fights and general just boring being around. At least with xelox and traphe/noctrell there was us and huge fights. So yes, i might auto. but who knows.

As for you xelox, you rocked.