Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Volom the Master of Weapons, Seeker of the Paragon
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82694
82694, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Volom the Master of Weapons, Seeker of the Paragon
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Jul 8 12:18:24 2009

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Volom perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:118
82761, belated goodbyes
Posted by Volom on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thank you everyone for your kind responses.

Yes, life was quite hard once I got going. I'm quite new here and had always wanted to try a Villager. I think it really helped me learn a bit more about the land, never having recall pots to rely upon.

Earlier on in my life as Volom I seemed to be doing well enough. I hadn't really found many fights until 20+.

Mich, you were SO close to being my application kill. That first fight we had was mega close, and I hadn't realized until afterwards that I'd forgotten to remove my practice weapons which I'd been training with and I was clubbing you to (near) death with my prac maces. EMBARASSING! Frankly our fights after that were not so close. You pretty much just schooled me.

Argoth ended up being my application kill which was pretty damn sweet, cause it seemed to me that the dude knew what he was doing. Especially since he killed me several times later. But hey, I learned something! Someone was rippin on me for bashing myself to death (which happened quite often when I had assumed I'd have the melee upper hand) and had suggested to drive folks with minions because they wouldn't follow. HOLY CRAP! I didn't even know that before!

For the record, I log everything. The real trick would be finding the logs... Also not likely to be terribly entertaining from my standpoint, cause my talking just looks like regular talking. Kinda was hoping that minos could at least see what they sounded like to everyone else so you could TRY to make your speech somewhat understandable but I guess not!

Hard to say if my proudest kill was Argoth when he had 7 ranks on me, or well..... my ONLY (i think) other kill. The other one was nothing special really. Just bashed to death an assassin who was about equal rank but I'd had pimp-ass gear gifted to me from our good friend Lohik. Only special thing about the kill was that (I think) he rage deleted. I got a spiffy red echo saying something about rumors of the guy going into hiding. I was pretty geeked out to see that!

Cima! I hate you! No really, I love you but damn you frustrated the piss out of me. You killed me like 3 times when I had 7 ranks on you and we both the same class/race, and in my humble opinion I think my cabal powers WAY out-classed yours. PATHETIC. You just always caught me with my pants down, and the one time I was ready for you and got you with a good charge/slice/boneshatter you got away.... like everyone else did! And how the HELL were you a female mino!? Tranny minotaurs? Scary!

I really need to work on SEALING kills... oh and not getting caught with my pants down. Even after getting full looted while talking with Cima and an immortal at the same time, I was in udgaard to buy some necklaces and hooves to get started again... I stop for a second to talk to the Imm and BAM assassin comes in wailing on my face. Like wow dude... I was already practically naked. That was really when I threw up my hands like fug it, I need a clean slate.

Thank you all so much for your help and companionship along the way.

Lohik, your help with that equipment early on was HUGE. WAY HUGE. No words for how good that was.

Woldrun, it was an immense pleasure to be inducted by yourself, and the last rager to have been if I'm not mistaken. It was a shame we never really got to work together. I always looked up to that character.

Ghrummin, keep on Dhrummin dude.

Bartis, thanks for the assistance with the gear towards the end there. You also helped me get a new attitude for things.

Tha numerous battle elders who helped me out (and reminded me of the chasm entrence when embarassingly I forgot you needed to go out into the desert before hugging north), you're all fantastic.

All you good kids from battle in my group range, the companionship was top notch. I look forward to interacting with you all on my next.

The youngins I didn't get a chance to group with, hope your battle wage well and you grow strong for the Village!

See you all with the next!

aim:Orbain418
82763, RE: belated goodbyes
Posted by Bartis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry it was tough for you. Part of me wanted to tell you to delete and start over, but, the other part of me wanted to try to help you as much as I could. Sorry I didn't get very far in that department. I'd definately recommend trying a race with a bit higer int next time so your training is a bit easier. Maybe try an arial warrior? Get your int up to 23 ASAP so it only takes one practice per skill and your skills will fly up and then get your dex to 25 which will give you good defenses. Then try a spec that doesn't require lots of strategy to pull off. Maybe spear, sword, mace or even hand. Personally, I like to train my defenses up as soon as I hit 15. I try to get them in at least the mid 90's (I usually get impatient by this time) before leveling further. Do it how I recommended and then go nuts! Have fun and GLWYN!
82766, Only people who shouldn't be playing this game
Posted by SerialMino on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't understand Minotaurs.

I feel your pain when it comes to griefers, Mooing you or *BOGGLE*ing you or 'Learn to speak' or worse the people who seem to think you choose to speak with a lisp.

I do however full loot/sac minnow's who don't use Uppercase or punctuation because there are times when a persons name gives context to what was said...not to mention beginning, end, whether it's a a question or not.

If you used punctuation, good for you, if not...meh.
82767, RE: Only people who shouldn't be playing this game
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This message brought to you by the ghost of Eric Prothero, Consummate Grammarian.
82756, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Volom the Master of Weapons, Seeker of the Paragon
Posted by Chanlen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seemed like you were turning into a fairly well rounded kind of guy, guess that means theres a mino slot open! GLWN
82748, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Volom the Master of Weapons, Seeker of the Paragon
Posted by I killed you on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know if this will make you feel good or bad but as a relatively new player myself I just wanted to say you were my first chase that I actually sealed a kill on. Granted I'm guessing you couldn't run anymore hence the sleeping at convulsing on eastern. Needless to say you popped my pk cherry cheers!
82759, Just... ouch. nt
Posted by Stunna1 on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
asdf
82734, Was hoping you'd post goodbyes...
Posted by Cimtiana on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looks like you had it bad, man. Every time I turned around you were ghosted, and then I'd be like, "Oh, he's unghosted... he might come for me... oh wait, no, he's a ghost again." I really did feel bad for you, because I could tell you were trying. I enjoyed our brief interactions, and was really looking forward to more.

Good luck with your next.
82702, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Volom the Master of Weapons, Seeker of the Paragon
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed to have a difficult life. Don't let it get you down.
82698, QLWYN
Posted by Meichelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We just fought those three times, but you helped me a lot in growing more confortable getting the servitors into some pk action. Sorry they were all pretty close together, would have givin you more shots later when you weren't an applicant anymore, but you leveled up above me.

Good luck with the next.
82696, ouch
Posted by quas on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hope you at least had some fun in battle, when you and gerty are on it sure makes understanding the cb chatter a full time job, I hope you guys logged your interview because I bet it would be hilarious. The village is a tough place and I hope you come back again.