Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [None] Vok the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=82249
82249, (RAGE DELETE) [None] Vok the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Jun 29 03:09:39 2009

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Vok perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:124
82375, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Vok the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Vok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oh and for the record.... it wasn't a legit Rage Delete.

Even though I had a couple con left, I'd made the conscious decision that Vok's time was over, and told my friends.

Rochefort did me the favor of giving me a warriors goodbye =P
82370, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Vok the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls
Yep, it sucked.

I had 21 CON at level 42, and got there quite quickly.

By level 48 I was down to 6 or 8 or something? It wasn't looking good.

My gameplay had turned into:
log in... hide... look for group... hide some more... maybe MAYBE get some pity help from someone... get jacked while getting said pity help... perhaps even have my help get jacked and as a result die to the mob and lose all of my progress... get UNSPEAKABLED by a lightning bolt for completely unknown reasons... have a certain denied invoker teleport to me and set me on fire... have every 'muter in thera teleport to me and have me frozen till I die... recover my things once again... hide and wait around until like 3am EST and pray nobody around will want to kill me... try to level solo with no armor use skills and aweful dodge... rinse... repeat.

Eleazor, no hard feelings. The role worked out... you were a ####in elf after all. I shoulda been out for your blood if I wasn't too damn busy cowering in a corner, fetal position, rocking back and forth sucking my thumb.

Admitedly I'm a huge ####in newb and I went against all good advice to not play an orc as a newb. I just have always liked the character concept of one who gets stronger the more hurt they are. I thought this is what being a Shig-Ru with Masochism was going to be, but I was wrong.

I'd really love if someone would key me in to what I was doing wrong (other than just the obvious lack of knowledge of the lay of the land, and proper preperation potions besides teleport/return).

I'd also really still love to see masochism gettin looked at. I'd always imagined it working as a damage scalar that slides inversely proportional to the % current HP of the shig-ru in question.

This would actually make it useful, instead of giving you a 25 damroll (or something like that) buff when you get hit hard enough that your ass had better be running anyways.

Cheers to those of you helped this extreme newbie almost make an orc his first hero: Nim, Rochefort, Dakazhul(the few times I actually saw you), and all of the others who decided to group with me regardless of the giant "HEY GUYS I'M A NEWB.... AND AND ORC.... COME KILL ME" sign on my back.

At least I learned a lot.
82382, Unfortunately
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would say that "lay of the land" is the MOST important thing as an orc.

If you are pk'ing solo (and are not chief), you rely a lot on the element of surprise. Basically you need to run in, bash someone or grapple their weapon, and if it is going badly, get the hell out before they unlag. If it goes well, keep bashing (or whatever).

For druids etc, start with shieldcleave, then headbutt to lag.

Quite simplified, but that's it, in a nutshell.

Now, unfortunately, you can't suprise people much, or get out fast, if you don't know the lay of the land well. Recalling is not great because players like me will make a bee-line for the orc village to finish you off.
82384, You can AIM me at BattleCharmed. I can help you with some basics. nt
Posted by Suarvania on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sdf
82385, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [None] Vok the Taskmaster of the Grinning Skulls
Posted by Mreash on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really the thing you did wrong was pick being an orc. :)

Everyone hates the orcs for the most part. Orcs tend to be opportunists that will kill anyone, so people tend to strike first. Also they want to stop you before you become chieftain with the obligatory evil muter stapled to your hip. In the future if you want to play a class/race/cabal that everyone hates keep a "get the hell out" bag. Keep multiple word/teleport/pass door/cure poison/cure plague/cure blindness preps in there. See as an orc you will have very few that will want to do anything for you so you need to be uber prepped to do for yourself. Good job though. Sorry if I kept you pinned in the orc village for long periods of time :)
82258, No, no, no, no, no / stxt
Posted by Artenno on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Stop deleting orcs!!! We never got our thing going!
82371, RE: No, no, no, no, no / stxt
Who is this?